It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Feminist Narcissism and the Sperm Bank

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Don't try to twist my words to make me sound stupid. I said nothing about women having sex to satisfy men's urges. Your insinuation is preposterous. I said they have sex to satisfy their own urges. Women have urges just like men do.

Fine, we will just chalk that up to misinterpretation of a questionable sentence structure. We are agreed then, that women too have a strong sexual drive.

Most women who have children out of wedlock certainly didn't plan for that to happen, but as I've said already,... pregnancies can occur despite contraception being present. Nothing is 100% effective. Effectiveness depends on product quality, production quality, and human error. That is a fact and not a "myth", as you proclaim. To believe that all women who get pregnant out of wedlock do so by choice, is absolutely false.

Maybe they didn't plan for it to happen, but they certainly didn't plan for it to NOT happen. With the one exception when I was a teenager with a woman who deliberately lied to me and emptied my used condoms into her, I have never gotten a woman pregnant. And I have decades of sex under my belt. Now sure, condoms break, a woman may forget to take her pills on vacation, you're right nothing is 100%, that's why you involve BOTH partners to establish redundancy.

Condom breaks? Stop and put on another one. Don't like using condoms? Don't have sex when you are ovulating. Irregular periods? Get on the pill. Not sure if you missed a pill last week? Tell your boyfriend he better pull out or put on a raincoat. Responsible adults don't have babies by accident.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Since you continue to ignore your blatant hypocrisy, I see no point in continuing to argue with you. You're not part of the solution, you're part of the very problem you stand against.

I am a lot of things, a hypocrite is not one of them. I would not have a child out of wedlock and I would not help a woman to have a child out of wedlock.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ya know, it's actually been a while since I read the piece myself. But I wonder if half the folks who decided to come in here and sink their claws into me even bothered to read the piece at all.

Most of my replies here were already covered in the original article. I think some folks read the title and that was it, their mind was made up, and the bugle call of the fem-nazi went out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I find it unfortunate that you have to insult the OP by calling him an idiot and a loser. Saying that stuff makes you look like an asshole. With that said, it saddens me to see such inflammatory vitriol being spewed at members, regardless of their opinion. Also, who care if he is homeless and unemployed? Does being those things make his arguments and insight any less thought provoking? A wise man once said that "if I can just get you to think, then I have accomplished my goal". The OP just wants to have a logical discourse on the subject, so who cares what his economic or life status is? I sure as hell don't.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

How unenlightened my detractors truly are.

This guy was homeless too...

Siddhārtha Gautama (Sanskrit: सिद्धार्थ गौतम; Pali: Siddhattha Gotama) was a spiritual teacher who founded Buddhism. In most Buddhist traditions, he is regarded as the Supreme Buddha of our age,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Lol my comment, was removed by a feminist... and it wasnt off topic.
All it said is, typical feminists feeling inferior that is all.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

I understand your article I agree that there should be two people to raise a child as it does create balance in the household. I grew up with divorced parents and I have many issues with men, probably due to my Mother being negative about my Father all the time. I wish I had two parents who did love me and weren't so hateful towards one another. They may not have lived with one another but I still had to hear it. That's not to say I don't have a successful marriage I do. I have been with my husband for 16 years, and we are happy together. An unbalanced household is an unhappy one, I feel. Now on the traditional roles of marriage, i think that if two people, whether they are gay, have boyfriends, a friend, a relative (I have seen it happen), or a girlfriend were to raise a child it would be the same thing. That's where I disagree with your logic. To me it's all about love, if both partners love the child equally, and they both put a certain amount of time, and energy into raising the child, I still think the child will come out as a balanced person! That's my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Thanks for sharing.

Regarding single polarity parents though, I really cannot share your sentiment. The balance comes in the form of masculine and feminine, not a double-dose of either. Not to mention of course, other difficulties associated with homosexual parentage.

If it is really just "all about love" then isn't a single parent enough? I say no, it is not. Both parents need to be present. A homosexual couple is not both parents.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. It is a shame that StigShen has now been banned - I see people being banned all over the place. I only hope there's a valid reason

edit on 21/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Oh wow, just noticed that. I wonder what happened.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hopefully this debate does not die because Stig got banned. I for one think this in an interesting debate with implications for modern society.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

Dude seemed to be caught up in the black and white, and ignoring the billions of shades of grey in between.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What the hell?...banned?...weird.

Anyway...I, for the most part, couldn't agree more with Stigshen...feminism is ridicilous, silly, childish...and that's

pretty much the end of discussion. Putting on a man-made suit with shoulder pads and imitating all the worst

behaviour of men is not liberation you morons...and it isn't progress neither. It's useless.
edit on 22-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Does anyone know what led to the original poster being banned? I don't have time to go read all his/her posts. I wonder if it was involving this thread? I didn't read through all the posts that were written after I wrote one early on in the thread.... but I caught the tail end of the thread; i gather that some off-topic and vitriolic posts were made-- That's a shame. ATS deserves better than that, as do the people who are mature in their participation and here to deny ignorance. In the Above Networks sense of the phrase.

Well, If anyone knows what lead to OP getting banned, please post on the thread.
I wonder if it was like in elementary school when a kid punches a kid and the punched kid punches back, earning equal punishments. But cmon, sticks and stones and words and all. Grow up! It's posts, NOT pests.
Posting w/relevance & intelligence, NOT pesteriing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Male chauvinism is just as childish as well.

But shhhhhhh. Shhhhhh. We men don't want to admit that the truth hurts sometimes. I'm sure you could agree. No?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen

I thank you for conceding respectfully.

But just for the record, as I have said before, I am no misogynist. It is my genuine belief that women have been stripped of their inherent natural ability by this modern feminist agenda.
I see this troll was banned, but I wanted to pipe in and call bovine excrement on this statement.

It was obvious from the first word this troll posted it was pushing an anti female (or in other words, mysoginistic) POV.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SomeEye

Wonderful words from a true feminist pov. Thank you for that. I think most normal men would not assume a feminist is a man hater, the ones who do like the OP, I believe are misogynists who are using the feminist platform to spew their hatred, under the guise of really fighting for true feminity, like OP.

edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:18:19 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
reply to post by SomeEye

Your personal view of feminism is not the social, nor legal norm. Modern feminism is militant and has nothing to do with equality, nor genuine feminism.

True feminism doesn't mean trying to be a man.
Quoted for posterity, this statement should be studied because it belies the fact this is a troll, and is out to do nothing but woman bash. No woman I know, wants to be a man. No feminist I know wants to be a man. And the OP pov is what is not "normal", misogyny is a pathological defect.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alkimyst
Lol my comment, was removed by a feminist... and it wasnt off topic.
All it said is, typical feminists feeling inferior that is all.
Can you please cite examples of inferiority from feminists in thread? Or, provide some proof of your claim, please? This post smells like misogyny.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

I have quoted several of this OP posts that stil stand, it is obvious it was a troll. Discussing feminism is one thing, spewing anti female hatred around the board is not acceptable. Are you seriously wondering why this troll was banned?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join