It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Feminist Narcissism and the Sperm Bank

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

I don't know if it's possible for you to actually do this but try and forget you are a man for a minute and put yourself into the shoes of say a 40+ woman.
You've worked hard all of your life to get yourself a decent standard of living, you've been in many relationships that have fallen by the wayside for whatever reason (the past at this point is irrelevant to the problem at hand).
Your doctor has told you that time is of the essence and if it's going to be done it has to be soon.
You have this technology and opportunity available to you. You have the money to finance it.
In this situation, if you were a woman, would you do it?
If NO, then tell me what you would do. Obviously not repeating what the woman has already tried to no avail in the past.
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
reply to post by Flighty

I like your response. I don't agree with it, but it at least is intelligent and with some merit.

To answer your question. No, I would not father a child without a mother if it were a scientific possibility, as much as I have always wanted to be a father. (So much so, that I was a foster parent for a time.) I also would not donate to a sperm bank and I would not sire a child to a woman I was not married to.

Didn't you mention earlier that you have multiple women you sleep with? Do you consider the possibility of one of them getting pregnant by you one of these days? Contraception isn't 100% effective whether it's the pill or a condom. By having sex with anyone out of wedlock you risk the chance of fathering a child, yet you stand against it. Isn't that somewhat hypocritical? You ask society and women in particular to stop making babies out of wedlock, but here you are, participating in a risky activity that could possibly lead to such results. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

I am not belittling you. As I said before, you are not the only one here who's experienced failed relationships. The difference is that you let it get to you.

How is my failed relationships "getting to me" when I am holding the child of a dead stripper? I never said I was the only one has experienced a failed relationship. Yet again, for clarity maybe this time. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. The more you try to make this about me, the more you prove my point.

I'm not proving your point, you've proved mine. It is about you, because you're the one who holds these opinions. You had to come to these opinions somehow. You did that through your personal life experience. You holding the child of a dead stripper is a personal experience that leads you to a specific train of thoughts, especially due to your failed relationships. The dead stripper who made poor decisions is indirectly related to your experience with your ex-girlfriends, who also (according to you) made bad decisions. You've been surrounded by a string of women who didn't adhere to your moral standards, which got you thinking and helped guide you to come to your theories on the opposite sex.

And one more time. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. Just because I have made some personal observations does not mean this is about me, or that I am the root cause of women making bad decisions.

Whoever accused you of being "the root cause of women making bad decisions"? I said no such thing. Everyone is responsible for making their own decisions.

Yes, I have had some bad relationships. Not all of my relationships were/are bad, I am not surrounded by bad women.

Stop projecting, it's getting lame.

You used personal experience to prove your point earlier, so that leads me to assume that this is about you in one way or another. People don't just come to believe something without being personally affected by it in some way. To lay blame on the entire gender for the downfall of society is not supported by truthful facts, no matter how you try to twist it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Believe me, I have thought long and hard about this. But my answer is still no. It would be selfish for me, as a woman, to bring a child into the world without a father. It is more irresponsible than a man who sleeps around without using a condom.

And really, I don't have to put myself in the mother's shoes, but in the child's shoes. That's really more to the point.

The rest of that, the woman getting to that age, has worked all her life, blah blah blah, those are all symptoms of the very narcissism I am talking about.

The two friends of mine. I feel bad for them, it really does suck. One in particular would make a really great Mom. But neither of them is actually in the position to be a good Mom.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It's heartbreaking to be unable to have a family when clearly you wanted one. This is something that may haunt you to your death bed. The resentment you may feel toward the gender you perceive to be responsible for this fate which has been handed down to you, is difficult to deal with. Responsibility for this outcome should be assigned to both parties, not just one.

I'm getting pretty sick of repeating myself. If I had a resentment toward women, I would tell you that in no uncertain terms. Do I think women should be more accountable for making poor choices? Certainly. That is not resentment, that is fact.

My resentment is toward the nefarious agenda which undermines the true power of the feminine, which undermines natural order, and which undermines the family.

Stop telling me what I think.

Why would you admit to me that you have some resentment for women? If you publicly admitted to it, people would dismiss your argument. You don't want them to dismiss your argument, so you go on pretending like your opinions are based on scientific fact. I don't suppose you just woke up one day and decided to ignore the fact that society is composed of both men and women who make poor choices. Everyone should be accountable for making poor choices, not just women. I'm sure you've had your share of mistakes in life.

There's no agenda other than a woman being able to live her life the way she chooses to live it. She has to be responsible with her womb just like men should be responsible with their sperm. Both genders should respect the power of creating a new life, and both should be held responsible when that life is brought into this world. As long as all precautions are taken to prevent a new life from forming in the first place, both genders should be able to do anything they want to do, as long as it is within the law of their country.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think the narcissism that you talk of is displayed by both sexes if that is the case.
So why don't we all just give up working, donate all our money to charity and go live in a cave?
Then men can do what they were supposedly put on the earth for, toil the land until they die for food and sustenace while women have a few kids and keep the cave clean.
After all to sit in a cushy office or doing anything but toiling the land and killing wild bores is narcissistic.
If you want to take society back to a different era, then why not go the full hog?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Didn't you mention earlier that you have multiple women you sleep with? Do you consider the possibility of one of them getting pregnant by you one of these days? Contraception isn't 100% effective whether it's the pill or a condom. By having sex with anyone out of wedlock you risk the chance of fathering a child, yet you stand against it. Isn't that somewhat hypocritical? You ask society and women in particular to stop making babies out of wedlock, but here you are, participating in a risky activity that could possibly lead to such results. Interesting.

There is a world of difference between having protected sex and deliberately getting pregnant.

Aside from that, abstinence in physically, emotionally, and psychologically unhealthy. For both men and women.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Whoever accused you of being "the root cause of women making bad decisions"? I said no such thing. Everyone is responsible for making their own decisions.

If everyone were responsible for making their own decisions there would be no such thing as child-support or alimony.

You used personal experience to prove your point earlier, so that leads me to assume that this is about you in one way or another. People don't just come to believe something without being personally affected by it in some way. To lay blame on the entire gender for the downfall of society is not supported by truthful facts, no matter how you try to twist it.

I was also shot in a stickup at a gas station one night. Does that mean street crime is about me in one way or another?

I never laid blame on gender. I laid blame on gender-based policies and agendas. And I blame women who make poor choices as a result of that agenda. Willingly having a child out of wedlock is a poor choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Still trying to tell me what I think. Pitiful. The affects of the degeneration of the family unit are apparent, and the data I have provided speaks for itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

There is a world of difference between having protected sex and deliberately getting pregnant.

Aside from that, abstinence in physically, emotionally, and psychologically unhealthy. For both men and women.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. How does that relate to what I asked you? I asked whether or not you thought your actions were hypocritical. Many women who become pregnant after having sex with a man to satisfy their urges use contraception, but it doesn't always prove to be 100% effective. Sometimes women get pregnant despite the fact that they've used a condom or some other form of birth control. So where does that leave you? You're sleeping with multiple women, and any day now a condom could be defective, slip, or break.

You admit that abstinence from sex could be physically, emotionally and psychologically unhealthy, yet you criticize women who have sex out of wedlock, and may have given birth to a child as a result of defective birth control. They intended to practice safe sex, and contraception failed them. Now what? It seems to me that you feel it's O.K. for men to have multiple partners and sleep with women out of wedlock, but you then turn around and criticize women for doing the same thing even though you yourself admit that abstinence can be damaging. Hmmm....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

I think the narcissism that you talk of is displayed by both sexes if that is the case.
So why don't we all just give up working, donate all our money to charity and go live in a cave?
Then men can do what they were supposedly put on the earth for, toil the land until they die for food and sustenace while women have a few kids and keep the cave clean.
After all to sit in a cushy office or doing anything but toiling the land and killing wild bores is narcissistic.
If you want to take society back to a different era, then why not go the full hog?

I have no intention of "taking society back to a different era." But if you think that a man providing for his family is narcissistic I suggest you buy a dictionary.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You were the one who said working hard was narcissistic.
At least keep up with what your saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. How does that relate to what I asked you? I asked whether or not you thought your actions were hypocritical. Many women who become pregnant after having sex with a man to satisfy their urges use contraception, but it doesn't always prove to be 100% effective. Sometimes women get pregnant despite the fact that they've used a condom or some other form of birth control. So where does that leave you? You're sleeping with multiple women, and any day now a condom could be defective, slip, or break.

You admit that abstinence from sex could be physically, emotionally and psychologically unhealthy, yet you criticize women who have sex out of wedlock, and may have given birth to a child as a result of defective birth control. They intended to practice safe sex, and contraception failed them. Now what? It seems to me that you feel it's O.K. for men to have multiple partners and sleep with women out of wedlock, but you then turn around and criticize women for doing the same thing even though you yourself admit that abstinence can be damaging. Hmmm....

I never said that women should not have sex out of wedlock. I said they should not have children out of wedlock.

And don't give me that garbage that women only have sex with men to satisfy a man's urges. Why would you even say something that stupid?

There is no reason in the world that a woman who does not want to get pregnant, should wind up pregnant. The notion that women get pregnant my accident is a myth. Any self-respecting woman knows that. And even if a woman did get pregnant as the result of risk-taking, it is still her choice, and her choice alone, to carry that pregnancy to term.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You were the one who said working hard was narcissistic.
At least keep up with what your saying.

I never said that working hard was narcissistic. I said that using that as an excuse to have a bastard child was narcissistic.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

If everyone were responsible for making their own decisions there would be no such thing as child-support or alimony.

I was also shot in a stickup at a gas station one night. Does that mean street crime is about me in one way or another?

I never laid blame on gender. I laid blame on gender-based policies and agendas. And I blame women who make poor choices as a result of that agenda. Willingly having a child out of wedlock is a poor choice.

Who, then, should be responsible for making your decisions? I'll rephrase it; Everyone should take responsibility for their own decisions. In other words if you screw up, accept the consequences and make it right.

I don't know the details of your shooting so it's hard to give an example, but if you posted an article related to the experience you had, chances are you may be biased enough to choose an article which supports your opinion rather than supporting hard facts. Crime wouldn't be about you, just like feminism isn't about you.... however the opinions you have on both subjects and the data you choose to share would be about you, because you may well choose the data that supports or agrees with your opinion. Most people like to discuss subjects they're passionate about, they generally don't pick random things to talk about. You're obviously passionate about the damage you believe feminism has caused in this country,... so yes.... fight it all you want, it will still reflect your opinions which were at one point formed from your personal experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So it's quite okay to have sex out of wedlock.
I agree.
But you do realise that it was FEMINISM that helped women feel okay about having sex for pleasure.
So you take advantage of that part of FEMINISM but would deny women having a child out of wedlock.

This is my last post in this thread. It's turning into a convoluted mess of contradictions.
I guess it takes a NARCISSIST to know one apparently.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I never said that women should not have sex out of wedlock. I said they should not have children out of wedlock.

And don't give me that garbage that women only have sex with men to satisfy a man's urges. Why would you even say something that stupid?

There is no reason in the world that a woman who does not want to get pregnant, should wind up pregnant. The notion that women get pregnant my accident is a myth. Any self-respecting woman knows that. And even if a woman did get pregnant as the result of risk-taking, it is still her choice, and her choice alone, to carry that pregnancy to term.

Don't try to twist my words to make me sound stupid. I said nothing about women having sex to satisfy men's urges. Your insinuation is preposterous. I said they have sex to satisfy their own urges. Women have urges just like men do.

Most women who have children out of wedlock certainly didn't plan for that to happen, but as I've said already,... pregnancies can occur despite contraception being present. Nothing is 100% effective. Effectiveness depends on product quality, production quality, and human error. That is a fact and not a "myth", as you proclaim. To believe that all women who get pregnant out of wedlock do so by choice, is absolutely false.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Who, then, should be responsible for making your decisions? I'll rephrase it; Everyone should take responsibility for their own decisions. In other words if you screw up, accept the consequences and make it right.

I don't know the details of your shooting so it's hard to give an example, but if you posted an article related to the experience you had, chances are you may be biased enough to choose an article which supports your opinion rather than supporting hard facts. Crime wouldn't be about you, just like feminism isn't about you.... however the opinions you have on both subjects and the data you choose to share would be about you, because you may well choose the data that supports or agrees with your opinion. Most people like to discuss subjects they're passionate about, they generally don't pick random things to talk about. You're obviously passionate about the damage you believe feminism has caused in this country,... so yes.... fight it all you want, it will still reflect your opinions which were at one point formed from your personal experience.

I do take responsibility for my decisions and my actions. Which is why I don't have any children and why I am single.

Now you talk about hard facts and data. I have yet to see a single link refuting any of my information.

My personal experience tells me that armed robbery is wrong, and should be a crime. But I guess I am biased by my own personal experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I do take responsibility for my decisions and my actions. Which is why I don't have any children and why I am single.

Now you talk about hard facts and data. I have yet to see a single link refuting any of my information.

My personal experience tells me that armed robbery is wrong, and should be a crime. But I guess I am biased by my own personal experience.

Since you continue to ignore your blatant hypocrisy, I see no point in continuing to argue with you. You're not part of the solution, you're part of the very problem you stand against.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So it's quite okay to have sex out of wedlock.
I agree.
But you do realise that it was FEMINISM that helped women feel okay about having sex for pleasure.
So you take advantage of that part of FEMINISM but would deny women having a child out of wedlock.

This is my last post in this thread. It's turning into a convoluted mess of contradictions.
I guess it takes a NARCISSIST to know one apparently.

Contrary to the popular portrayal, women did have sex out of wedlock before feminism for one thing. For another, it would certainly be preferable for more folks to be married and stay married, rather than all of this sleeping around.

I do acknowledge that yes, there is a human need for sex. There is a human need to use the bathroom too. But I would rather use the bathroom at home that poop in a porto-potty, and crapping in the middle of your own living room floor is just stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join