Mods - I was not sure where this should be placed; please move if I've placed it wrongly - thanks!
I was wondering if anyone else has had the experience of burning or shattering out lightbulbs, streetlamps, or other electronic devices.
Statistics aren't really available on this matter, so I am turning to ATS for others' experiences.
The only really dangerous event happened about 2 years ago. I was at a party at a friend's house, in a good mood, having fun, etc. I was on the back
porch chatting and telling jokes with a few others. Not intoxicated. My friend whose house it was had the porch light on, which was powered by a
high-power fluorescent bulb... basically, the swirly kind.
They have an alleged lifespan of 10,000 hours.
I was standing about 10 feet away from the bulb when it suddenly shattered, leaving glass all over the place and the light fixture itself shattered
also. Sparks flew for probably 5 seconds until we went to the front of the house and turned off the circuit breaker.
I asked my friend when the last time he changed it was, and he had replaced all of the standard indoor and outdoor bulbs to fluorescent bulbs to save
energy about a month beforehand. The others were really freaked out; thankfully no one was hurt. It is a newer house with modern wiring performed by
a competent electrician.
Other incidents in which the bulb did not shatter, but burned out faster than expected and without any warning, have been happening around me since I
was a child. When I go out driving or walking at night, streetlamps often go dark. This has happened to me in several cities/towns in which I have
lived. I realize these things happen, but it has got to be beyond coincidence. I have lost count of the times.
This morning my full-spectrum desk lamp (the kind with the 4-pronged bulb) which I have had for less than a month started glowing orange as to two
prongs, trying to light up with a third, and completely dark with the fourth. I turned it off immediately. It was plugged into a power strip
I have also cr*pped out two Blackberry phones, three chargers, a wired headset, an Ipod, and two TI-85 calculators. I have panic disorder and
fibromyalgia (both only mildly medicated through my psychiatrist and mostly in remission). I have a radiation screen and a fan on my computer. I
cannot own a microwave; if one is operating around me I always know (even without hearing it) and it makes me a little queasy. This has been a
problem at restaurants. I am in general good health for a 30 year old woman; don't get sick often, exercise, eat a good diet, etc. I have food
allergies (tomatoes and nightshade family primarily - runs in my family) and medication allergies (penicillin and codeine). That's about it. I do
not experience hallucinations or delusions; my interest in conspiracy theory began as debunking and continued as personal research and discussion once
I learned a bit more. I wouldn't call myself a conspiracy theorist; more an interested person with a taste for information and learning on many
subjects. I have a boring day job. I have never seen a ghost.
My doctor is at the point where even he is baffled. He thought this was all in my head/psychosomatic at first. Then I made the list of what I could
recall of what I have blown out. This is an Ivy League trained psychiatrist with whom I have an excellent therapeutic rapport, and he's been
practicing medicine for 25+ years. He actually listens to me and does not try to stick me on any drugs that are scary to me. I am not chemically
sensitive that I know of; no problems with wifi either and no major power lines or generators in the vicinity.
We just don't know what to do with me. What happened to my lamp today was the absolute last straw. Therefore, I am coming to ATS for answers - does
this kind of thing happen to anyone else? What are your experiences/stories?
Is this what EMF sensitivity looks like?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
edit on 18/3/11 by gildedlily because: fixed code, I hope