It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason for the oceans of the world's rising. Not Global Warming.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I didn't mean to sound narky either I probably should have included one of these:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'll see you all tomorrow, will have to see what you all have cooked up for me, please be reminded, I'm not being a smart alek, I just think there could be some merit to this, please don't chastise me debunkers (as I call ye!) if you wish to refute me, don't act as though you are the one and only know it all. Just discuss it maturely.

Remember it is not stupid to look for the truth yourself, it would be stupid to accept the truth, without knowlegde of it being true.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

It is just a thought on my end as well friend. What matters most is the discussion itself. We all could be proven right or wrong or even 1/2 + 1/2. It is always possible, though personally, I dont believe its very probable.

Of course, if it is...Ill stand corrected!

Question! How come the water never stops coming at Niagara Falls? It comes from the Great Lakes right? Why dont they drain dry? (Ive always wondered that...now someone tackle that one! Thanks!!):

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by abecedarian

The land doesn't rise continents are not islands are they. They are connected to the crust, not floating on water. Is this right?

Last I heard, islands don't float on water either.
Continents are "really big islands". Is Australia a continent or an island?

Look up things like continents, islands, shelfs, root, mountains, etc; buoyancy, continental drift, plate techtonics, Pangaea, .... If you need spoon-fed information, go back to college... or maybe Jr. High.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

There is no reason to be rude, I was asking a question on a discussion site. You need to wake up to yourself and stop thinking your so high and mighty. You did say that the land was sinking? Do you mean it would sink into the mantle? If so this really doesn't have any bearing on my theory, this would may be cause problems from a earthquake point of veiw. It might create pressure within the crust.

I like how you asked me a question then told me to look up the things you just asked.

Originally posted by abecedarian

Last I heard, islands don't float on water either.
Continents are "really big islands". Is Australia a continent or an island?

Look up things like continents, islands, shelfs, root, mountains, etc; buoyancy, continental drift, plate techtonics, Pangaea, .... If you need spoon-fed information, go back to college... or maybe Jr. High.

Continents aren't really big islands, thats why they have different names, Amazing hey!

some quotes from the internet:

Scientifically: A continent is so defined because it is a large land mass that sits on a tectonic plate that is distinctly separate from other tectonic plates on the globe (there are seven).
Culturally: The flora, fauna and culture of the people are unique to that land mass, historically.

Whereas an Island is a small land mass (mostly) completely surronded by water and shares a tectonic plate with other Islands or land mass.

Now to answer your question in the spirit of debate, Australia is classed as an Island continent.

Maybe you need to go an "Look up things like continents, islands, shelfs, root, mountains, etc; buoyancy, continental drift, plate techtonics, Pangaea, .... If you need spoon-fed information, go back to college... or maybe Jr. High."

I don't really have time for people like you, you have no knowlegde of me personally, Your not here for the spirit of discussion and are only coming back to argue, with me, or prove how intellegent you seem. To me it seems like you are lacking alot of it. Maybe you need to go do a course on communication skills and a side one on "How to contain your ego"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

This just gives an insight into how many cargo ships there are and there capacity. Now also remember its not just the boats or ships, there are other factors, like the brigdes some of those bridges are really big now!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I guess it is through precipitation, but I don't really know the full story, I hope someone comes to tell us, if not I 'll research it myself, before some other member tells me too.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

My assumption would be that a lot of underground springs connect in with it. Could be totally wrong though lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Guess I'll be doing a bit of research, then hey. Shouldn't be to hard to find while i'm searching the sizes and number of brigde pylons.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Has anyone got any ideas to support or not support this that I may have missed out on? That i didn't think of? I somehow think they use sand dredging to help cover this up?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Subramines and warships, did you add those in too?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

no I didn't think of subs or war boats/ships they would have to weigh a bit. It seems like there are endless things that could be causing displacement hery?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

With submarines, weight really wouldn't enter the equation I don't think, at least while submerged. They would be displacing their full size.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, I think thats where volume will come into play, but I will fully have to research subs, as I admit, I know little about them. I think that they ballast or sink by letting water in or out to come up. I think I have alot of research ahead of me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I sorta consider this like a built up butterfly effect, in the way that lots and lots of little things will add up to create a big thing!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Apparently the only reason is from precipitation. It comes from lake erie down niagra river and over falls. Then it rains at the start again.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Does anyone know or can you find because I can't and have looked for ages, where they got the sand from for the Dubai Islands? I can't find anything I'm looking for at the moment.Could someone be blocking my computer so I can't find the information I need?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So far i have found that just England has 83 war craft in there royal navy, thats alot for one country so imagine how many there are world wide?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I don't give your idea any credence...but I like it and intend to use it with people that I run into...just to see if they swallow it Hook- Line- and Sinker. Should be great fun.

What you need to do is consider the ratio of displaced water by ships/ people/ junk compared to the world's amount of waters... and then fill a bath tub and diplace it with an object that would displace an equal ratio of water...probably something like a BB or a pellet...the effect is negligable at best.

But don't stop thinking outside the box... what an original idea. There are those that will accept with as much energy as they accepted my notion....

The reason the leaves on trees seem to be changing later in the fall, is because they moved day light savings time back....LOL. You wouldn't believe the number of people that never question that line of reasoning.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Thank you the experiment sounds like something fun I'll have to do. Hey even if it is not right, at least i'm thinking for myself ,right.

Try it out see what some people think they may think of some things that I haven't.

Is there any scientist dudes on ATS, that wouldn't mind be asked a few legitimate questions, if anyone knows of one can you send them here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join