It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Minuscule Radioactive Fallout Reaches U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Source: Minuscule Radioactive Fallout Reaches U.S.

www.foxnews.com

VIENNA -- A diplomat with access to U.N tracking of Japan's radioactive fallout says it has reached Southern California but first readings are "about a billion times beneath levels that would be health threatening."

The diplomat was citing readings Friday from California-based measuring station of the Vienna-based CTBTO. He asked for anonymity because the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization does not make its data public.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It is now here, not the end times oh no amount people have been posting lately or is it?

"about a billion times beneath levels that would be health threatening"
A billion? Really?

It would be nice if they releases the actual numbers. I guess in good time, after the fact they will.

Does anyone have hard data we could compare to the supposed "billion times beneath levels"

-Al

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yup just as figured, the wind is a mighty force for carrying this material. This is saddening, I just better hope that the 'billion times lower' levels is really accurate. Last thing we want is them bsing us...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And just a few days ago Obama said that radiation will not even reach California....how sad

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We do know it's arrived on the west coast but to down play it to be so minuscule is a lie. I am not believing the minuscule claim by this official as being a billion times weaker to affect our health.

Does it pose serious health risks, no but will it have some effects? This could be marginalized based on time and exposure, there is not enough info to make such a claim as this may be coming ashore over the next week. To early to make big lies but something we should all pay close attention too.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here's a ustream that shows live radiation reading on the west coast. West LA to be precise.

Live Radiation Monitoring

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I agree, you don’t call something fallout then claim "but it is a million times safer than say cigarettes"

-Al

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

I'm watching that live stream in CA and it's saying 54 which is much higher then the other day when I saw it in the 30's so something tells me we are not getting the full story here. Seems like a considerable increase. This is why we need more public facing tracking like this as they are concealing the truth from us, those a$$holes.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We know that's all BS and there's radiation on the way....this is truly sad!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here is a screencap, this spiked as high as 63... which is not a billion times weaker to affect our health, this is considerably more dangerous too our health but then. I am not a Government official so I'm not going to downplay the dangers of radiation for any of you. It's nasty stuff.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/423857b85b8f.png[/atsimg]
edit on 18-3-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I wonder when Americans are ever going to wake up to the Word Games that they have been using for years now to form our opinions through the simple definition of the words that they try to apply to them.

Whether it's enemy combatants, insurgents, domestic terrorist, the Patriot Act, or minuscule its all just a play on words designed to make us form a preselected opinon through the words being selected.

The problem is the government lies, and too many people rely on it at face value.

If the radiation being released didn't exist before, if its being released through negligence which it is, then no nothing about it is minuscule so why do they want us to believe that it is?

Frankly we should all be joining together in a class action suit against the manufacturer General Electrectic the Japanese Government and Tepco, and the IAEA, they sure spend enough time trying to protect us from Iran aquiring Nuclear Energy while touting that the people allowed to have it know how to use it safely and this is why it has to be kept through war and propaganda from being used by the 'wrong' people.

The 'right' people clearly can't handle it any better.

Houston we have a problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Any idea what the hight limit warning is? Also what is considered "normal"?

-Al

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

Here is a table that shows mVs readings, wanted to edit this to not spread bad info when in error.

Just a correction the unit is in CPM (counts per minute) so this table is really not any indicator. My bad. Still worth reading.

www.enviroreporter.com...

edit on 18-3-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: Correcting bad info.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Okay I see it a couple post back
edit on 18-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So right now its like having 6 CT scans all at once?

-Al

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Does this live streaming geiger measure in mSV? Since the recommended msv is 100 every five years, just trying to understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

Keep in mind these readings are fluctuating but it reached 65 not a moment ago and also it certainly was not reading that high when I watched this feed yesterday... so that tells me something radioactive is at play here.

Hard to say just how bad this will affect health, we may not see the results for 10 years to come. Any radiation from nuclear waste is bad in my opinion. Not something to celebrate, eat tacos and pastries and yell everything is fine imo.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

The number does not represent mSv's

The numbers represent radiation Counts per Minute, abbreviated CPM

Background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM

These readings are "normal"........for now

When the number hits 130+ then we have a concern.........

If this is not correct from the detector in the link........please correct me

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You are right, it's CPM and they say it should be ~45 they also have been tracking 10 minute averages that you can see here for that reader.

www.enviroreporter.com...

It would be nice to get a mSv reading for Cali also.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

So it is basically broken up kind of like the way electricity is?

-Al

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join