It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: The Weakest President In History?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In the spirit of cooperation I will make you a deal.

I will sign your petition to have Obama's Nobel Peace prize revoked if you sign my petition to have GW Bush tried for war crimes and the death of 4,220 US lives. (Deducted casualties for years Obama was in office)

icasualties.org...

Dealio?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

In the spirit of cooperation I will make you a deal.

I will sign your petition to have Obama's Nobel Peace prize revoked if you sign my petition to have GW Bush tried for war crimes and the death of 4,220 US lives. (Deducted casualties for years Obama was in office)

icasualties.org...

Dealio?

Totally stupid move to do that. The very definition of creating a slippery slope.

You of all people should be able to see that the next war crimes trial after Bush would be obama's. And that all future presidents would be hamstrung and able to make even fewer tough decisions than obama has beeen able to force himself to make out of fear of being tried by someone - and there will always be someon that doesn't like any pressident enough to want him/her brought up on charges.

We're already seeing that now with someone wanting to bring impeachment charges against every president since at least Clinton.

edit on 3/20/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So I'll take that as a no. I had a sneaky feeling you'd refuse.

Bush engaged the US in a war under knowingly false pretenses for that he and his cabal should be held responsible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Uh oh ...

Now Michael Moore is getting into the act ...

And demanding (via twitter) that obama return his Nobel Peace Prize.

source

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by kinda kurious

Uh oh ...

Now Michael Moore is getting into the act ...

And demanding (via twitter) that obama return his Nobel Peace Prize.

source

Perhaps Michael Moore should listen to the speech Obama gave when he accepted the Nobel Prize clearly outlining how 'peace' only exists in this world because of strong military forces enforcing it. As he was speaking to many holocaust survivors who know all-too-clearly that US military strength ensured their direct and immediate survival, I doubt the message was lost.

Moore is just a panderer. His opinion is quite meaningless.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Moore is just a panderer. His opinion is quite meaningless.

Hmmm.

But was that also the case when Michael Moore was supporting Obama?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You are now agreeing with Michael Moore and Jibeho recently praised John Stewart? Cats sleeping with dogs? Hell IS freezing over, It IS the end of the world.

Or perhaps typical right wing "quote any source that supports your cause." AKA The Daily Special on ATS.

edit on 21-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You are now agreeing with Michael Moore and Jibeho recently praised John Stewart? Cats sleeping with dogs? Hell IS freezing over, It IS the end of the world.

Or perhaps typical right wing "quote any source that supports your cause." AKA The Daily Special on ATS.

edit on 21-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Ever read The Art of War by Sun Tzu? If you had, you'd understand.

From the "related" thread, This is one of the best and most telling posts on obama's accomplishments:

Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And it's not just Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. saying that obama needs to be stripped of the Nobel Peace Prize.

It's starting to go international now.

source

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't subscribe to "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept if that's what you mean. Or "to know your enemy you must become your enemy" etc.

But I DO like Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."

Please by all means continue.........

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't subscribe to "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept if that's what you mean. Or "to know your enemy you must become your enemy" etc.

But I DO like Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."

Please by all means continue.........

No, not even close.

But that's all the help you get from me on that.

Except maybe to tell you that The Art of War from 500 B.C. was the book that helped North Viet Nam defeat the U.S. even though the North Vietnamese lost every major military engagement, and now ...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I prefer "The Art of Living" and keep it handy at all times.

In essence: "Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not. ..."

Oh and of course, the serenity prayer.

edit on 22-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

In essence: "Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not. ..."

A place and time for each.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
From the "related" thread:

All other things aside, I think in the past couple of weeks all of us - supporters and detractors both - have seen the obama administration at its weakest.

In the area of foreign policy - where obama was supposed to save our reputation - the president has been either absent or reactionary and on the defensive. Decisions are being made based on snap polls instead of planning for the future. Obama foreign policy has been more about vacations and junkets than doing the business of this nation.

On domestic issues such as the budget, obama has no time for that, instead leaving it to congress to come up with something. But at the same time, obama has time for parties and photo ops and campaigning, and picking BB brackets, etc.

All of these things have actually been to the dismay of both the people that opposed obama and the people that elected him. The supporters now find themselves with less and less to support obama for. The people opposed now find themselves going from just showing why he shouldn't have been elected to a general fear for this country and the direction it's headed.

Neither position is a "fun" place to be.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

All other things aside, I think in the past couple of weeks all of us - supporters and detractors both - have seen the obama administration at its weakest.

In the area of foreign policy - where obama was supposed to save our reputation - the president has been either absent or reactionary and on the defensive. Decisions are being made based on snap polls instead of planning for the future. Obama foreign policy has been more about vacations and junkets than doing the business of this nation.

On domestic issues such as the budget, obama has no time for that, instead leaving it to congress to come up with something. But at the same time, obama has time for parties and photo ops and campaigning, and picking BB brackets, etc.

All of these things have actually been to the dismay of both the people that opposed obama and the people that elected him. The supporters now find themselves with less and less to support obama for. The people opposed now find themselves going from just showing why he shouldn't have been elected to a general fear for this country and the direction it's headed.

Put the defibrillator on Stand by:
I whole heartedly agree with your cogent, somber and troubling assessment WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

You'll get no further defense from me of his actions and complacency, it defies all logic.
It is not enough to cause me to abandon my left bent however, but I am an American first and deeply love my country. To quote my elderly widowed mother, "Who ever thought our country would end up like this?" She survived the Great Depression, lived through two World Wars, Vietnam, 911 and the era of JFK, Reagan, Clinton, both Bushes and Obama. Some of whom she supported across party lines. :shk:

Please finish me off with a single swipe.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Put the defibrillator on Stand by:
I whole heartedly agree with your cogent, somber and troubling assessment WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

You'll get no further defense from me of his actions and complacency, it defies all logic.
It is not enough to cause me to abandon my left bent however, but I am an American first and deeply love my country. To quote my elderly widowed mother, "Who ever thought our country would end up like this?" She survived the Great Depression, lived through two World Wars, Vietnam, 911 and the era of JFK, Reagan, Clinton, both Bushes and Obama. Some of whom she supported across party lines. :shk:

Please finish me off with a single swipe.

No need or desire to "finish you off".

Instead, I will congratulate you for saying you are an American first - and the other things like deeply loving your country. Feels like so many with a "left bent" do not and would love to see America fail. Really glad you are not one of those

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The dialog between you too has been great. It shows that when people converse and listen, regardless of ideals and political bent, you can discuss the issue at hand. Bravo you two!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

To my newest ally and friend on ATS, I wanted to give a good and hopefully educational response to this.

You mentioned earlier something about "moving target" attacks on obama that were difficult to respond to - something like that.

From Sun Tzu's Art of War:

If the positions the enemy must prepare to defend are numerous, then the forces we must engage will be few and weak.

You can see that this is exactly what is happening here on ATS - and on the national level. Obama supporters are disappearing in both places, as more and more people seem to be flocking to side that is opposed. And on the national level, the obama administration seems and in fact is in disarray as it attempts to deal with issues coming from all sides.

Any student of history should see the parallel with what happened in Viet Nam. There was absolutely no way the super-power (U.S.) could be defeated by a rag-tag group from an impoverished country. Likewise, the democrat machine seemed like an unbeatable steamroller in 2008, with supporters thinking the "progressive age" had finally arrived and conservatives on the run. But a few years of "guerrilla warfare", and how the tide has changed. The steamroller has broken down and its driver now seems weak and the one perhaps on the run. Far from leading, the obama administration instead appear to be "circling the wagons" in defense.

So, while some might dismiss a book written in China over 2,500 years ago as having nothing to do with our modern age, doing so all but guarantees their political defeat - back in Viet Nam and now here.

BTW, this book is now taught in all the service academies and in many business schools to help their students compete in the tough real world they will face.
edit on 3/26/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm down with that and from SAME ERA: (Confucius 551 BC - 479 BC)

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

www.quotationspage.com...

Perhaps our end goal is equal, we just seem to approach things from opposite sides.

edit on 26-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
No, not at all. Anyone out there old enough to remember the Presidency of LBJ? This was a man who took no prisoners. He was the consummate "King Maker" of your period you know as the 1960'S. The picture of him crumpled at his long table, his head in his hand is for me, one of the most intense pictures of that time. Along with that young girl burned from napalm. This was a guy if you got in his way, you were crushed. And yet, that picture. The terrible truth. Is so deep. Wish I could add more, except I lived in that time. And I hope as a species we learn from our mistakes. I guess I have to wait along with everyone else.

Add to previous: Still not the weakest President but... He is appearing to hesitate about "looking to aggressive". Keep in mind I want my nations President to use his mind and sense of decency in the hardest job on Earth. So many past Presidents used his something below the waist. But we had one Jimmy Carter and sorry its hard to take any guy over twelve years old who goes by "Jimmy or Skippy, or MESoMRCOOL!" god... Point is a President needs a clear sense of and makes clear the "agenda and objective in office". And must appear to be someone who does not worry about this lobby or group to make a decision. Just looking weak is very dangerous, to many idiot child-minded, (not innocent by the way as in child minded) but stupid loaded guns held by adult-children. Dictators, and mean bastards out there. Be careful its dangerous out there. I do wish you the best of course, and we better hope all of us do. (R Limbaugh hoping Obama fails? Rush you an idiot or traitor, by the way you can't be an American. You are? Then you must want us destroyed, hey you wanted him to fail, or did you misquote yourself, again... Grow up please. or you can just shut up, that may so much simpler)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join