It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: The Weakest President In History?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes I agree, hes too busy with his vacations on the american peoples expense

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
S&F!!! Bonehead Obama - Represents the worst in society, the hand it to me communities. A foreign community organizer for entitlement expectations of the lazy.

Undermine Obama an his minions!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by jibeho

As I recall, he tried to do that right off the bat, and Democrats and Republicans in the Senate refused to allow the prisoners be kept in any of their districts. Am I wrong about that? How can he close Gitmo if there is nowhere else to put the prisoners? Should he merely release them all, no questions asked?

I hope you are willing to engage these honest questions. Most here just make pot shots and then disappear when pressed for details.

I have no opinion regarding his 'incompetence'. I'm merely fascinated by the apparent vapid nature of much of the criticism of his actions. Didn't vote for him, wont vote for him next time around. Merely defending public record, not the guy himself. Many here seem unable to grasp the significant difference.
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

Oh those pressing details will keep me running from ATS for years
I've been around a little longer than you.

Please don't make excuses for Obama's inane campaign promise. Too many people bought it hook line and sinker. The man should have had a little foresight before he opened his mouth. That's what inexperience and weakness will get you.

Dianne Feinstein The big Dem from California had a brilliant idea by suggesting that the authorities reopen Alcatraz Prison in the San Francisco Bay. Yes, she actually said that.

On Friday, a spokesman for Mrs. Feinstein countered that Alcatraz now was a “national park and tourist attraction, not a functioning prison,” and that the senator “does not consider it a suitable place to house detainees.”

But Mrs. Feinstein does believe that some Guantánamo prisoners could be moved to maximum-security civilian or military prisons in the United States, the spokesman said, not naming any specific ones.

Plenty of Dems agreed with her but were too scared and weak to back up the big claims

Senator Carl Levin, Democrat of Michigan and the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in response to a question on Friday that Guantánamo detainees who were moved to the United States “should be held at maximum-security federal facilities wherever they are available.” Like other Democrats queried Friday, Mr. Levin did not specifically address the question of prisoners moving to his state.

www.nytimes.com...

That's comedy gold!!! Cart...Meet Horse.... Alcatraz!!!!
I wonder how much it would cost to rehab Alcatraz to accept prisoners again??

I have always supported keeping Gitmo open for obvious reasons that our president could not realize when he uttered his promise to those who actually thought that Obama would make a difference. There is plenty of buyers remorse coursing through our nation nowadays.

I hope I answered all of you questions.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I feel bad for him because I know he is being controlled or threatened.

As i explained here. (if you want all the details on a logical theory and explanation of the events that occurred. The freemasons lost control of the country to the Feds. Check this thread out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama is a freemason, and freemasons were the ones responsible( least a few of them ) for founding the U.S.
My guess is that they were censored but they tried to deliver us clues so that we the people take back control.
Illuminati card Censored. I think they knew of the elites plans and helped leak out their master plan through clues.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57a8d0e106f5.jpg[/atsimg]

I do not believe Obama is at fault. I believe he did try his best but he was powerless in the end.

Illuminati card . Obama?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5fd112c1f46.png[/atsimg]

This is possibly Obamas fate to be ridiculed by the public. Look at the art. The expression on the face.

It's that of disappointment and sadness.

I don't know why, but when I see this card, I feel like crying. it is ..truly a powerfull card
edit on 19-3-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No, you answered none of my questions.

MY question was how he was supposed to remove prisoners from Gitmo without the approval of the Senate?

As usual, your criticisms are baseless conjecture.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbriefed
S&F!!! Bonehead Obama - Represents the worst in society, the hand it to me communities. A foreign community organizer for entitlement expectations of the lazy.

Undermine Obama an his minions!

An EXCELLENT example of the level of maturity on display in this thread.

Great avatar, too, troll.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

"President? Who you mean the brown-skinned dude who watches ESPN in the White House all the time? Oh, him.. ahhh he's just our mascot!"

- George Soros
edit on 19/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Glad I could help jibe.

Don't change a thing with your techniques, you are doing an excellent service in representing your cause.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

He's hobbled by the fact he's president of a country that is prone to doing absolutely nothing unless it involves turning Arabs into dead Arabs. The legislature's dominant party has made "screw over Obama" its core platform, and is voted into power by people who are famously ignorant of things in their own town, to say nothing of the greater nation or world.

Obama is basically Gerald Ford, if Gerald Ford had to babysit a pack of retarded gerbils who hate him.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I remember that game. Wow. It's like i'm back in 1994. Nirvana's on hte radio, I'm beating someone's head in with a Shivan Dragon, and we're having a lively debate over whether they should bring back Crystal pepsi.

Thanks for the nostalgia blast

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
weakest just until the next prez
seriously though some of the things obama has done makes you wonder if the potus position is really serious, obama doesnt write his own speechs its just generic 'unity' speeches . plus hes taking more vacations then the UN EMPLOYED take...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

I don't think any president since Theodore Roosevelt has written their own speeches. And the president gets vacations. it's just that this one doesn't "clear brush" for the camera while doing it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by jibeho

No, you answered none of my questions.

MY question was how he was supposed to remove prisoners from Gitmo without the approval of the Senate?

As usual, your criticisms are baseless conjecture.

The answer was our Nations Maximum Security Prisons according to the Democrats who were not willing to pony up on the issue. The Dems had been crying to close Gitmo since at least 2007 back when they took control of congress. They repeatedly threatened to defund Gitmo. to close Gitmo blah blah Then along comes Obama hopping down the campaign trail spewing uncontrollably from both corners of his mouth. Clearly, it was all lip service leading up to the election in 2008.

Then, Obama gets elected and the Dems now have a super majority or a trifecta if you will. They still couldn't get Gitmo closed. Why? Perhaps a backlash from their constituents. etc etc etc. It was never possible!!

My point is that they all talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. Obama lacked foresight and chose to utter whatever he could to pull at the emotions of his base. Remember the threads concerning Gitmo here on ATS back around that time?

Remember Obama's Executive Order that was issued within the first days of his new job? He was just pandering to his supporters/anti Bush crowd to make them think that they had achieved a moral victory in addition to the presidential win.

Promising to return America to the "moral high ground" in the war on terrorism, President Obama issued three executive orders Thursday to demonstrate a clean break from the Bush administration, including one requiring that the Guantanamo Bay detention facility be closed within a year.

During a signing ceremony at the White House, Obama reaffirmed his inauguration pledge that the United States does not have "to continue with a false choice between our safety and our ideals."

The president said he was issuing the order to close the facility in order to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism."

articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

This thread isn't about Gitmo, its about his weakness. His myopic stance on Gitmo is actually a reflection of his weakness to succumb to and endear himself to constitutional law "experts", civil libertarians and other critics who called the Bush administration detentions a violation of international law. He knew all along that Gitmo could never be closed based simply on the logistics of it let alone the legality involved.

So, I guess I've answered your question twice now. As usual

edit on 20-3-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
After obama's attacks on Libya - which may have been necessary, time will tell - there's the issue of obama's Nobel Peace Prize to consider.

Everyone knows it was given to him based on future hopes and not actual deeds.

So, the real question becomes should Obama "man up" and give it back now that he's continued 2 "Bush wars" and started another one of his own?

If obama did that, it would at least show that he had found some strength.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wow, after blaming his prior inaction the argument quickly changes to criticize his action. OP reimnds me of the Energizer Bunny of partisan vitriol.

Originally posted by centurion1211
After obama's attacks on Libya - which may have been necessary, time will tell - there's the issue of obama's Nobel Peace Prize to consider.

Everyone knows it was given to him based on future hopes and not actual deeds.

So, the real question becomes should Obama "man up" and give it back now that he's continued 2 "Bush wars" and started another one of his own?

If obama did that, it would at least show that he had found some strength.

Firstly, the 'man up' argument is a common smear levied by the softer gender. I believe there is a term for that.

Secondly, the US is operating as a supporting role to coalition forces in the military action in Libya.

Thirdly, the assertion to return NPP is patently absurd. Would an Olympic athlete return a Gold Medal? Should you forfeit your Gold member standing because I don't agree with you?

The consistent barrage of moving goal posts attacks just serves to illustrate the detachment from reality by those driven to smear the standing POTUS for political gain....astounding.

I can only assume your braggadocious GOLD standing is gilded in a thin patina of amber veneer. Just goes to show quantity doesn't equate to quality.
Inasmuch as I no longer staunchly support Obama, I refuse to acquiesce to the unfounded smear of a decent man.
edit on 20-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Thirdly, the assertion to return NPP is patently absurd. Would an Olympic athlete return a Gold Medal? Should you forfeit your Gold member standing because I don't agree with you?

I suppose an athelete returning a gold medal would be appropriate ....

If it had been awarded before the race was even run.

That is the true analogy to obama getting the "NPP".

And none of this criticism is about a "moving target". It's just that obama has given so many so much to work with. And we all thought Bush was an easy mark ...
edit on 3/20/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

THANK YOU for making my point.

You want him to give up the prize and his term isn't over yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the... world from grave danger'..

What do you suppose we'll hear on March 19th, 2019?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

THANK YOU for making my point.

You want him to give up the prize and his term isn't over yet.

Oh, so obama will finally earn the NPP by continuing wars and starting new ones just so he can later in his term "make peace" to justify his prize?

For that, you officially get the "PLP" - Pretzel Logic Prize - for inventing perhaps the most convoluted explanation ever devised.

Impressive. And, unlike obama, you've already done what it takes to earn your prize.

And can we also call your argument "kinda spurious"?

edit on 3/20/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well I suppose every president is weaker than the the one before them. As the powers and money behind the scenes takes more and more control every moment. I personally think he probably isn't that bad of a guy. Naive maybe. He thought he could do everything he promised in campaign without realising that he would be just a slave to the hidden powers.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join