It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Authorizes Military Strikes on Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
There is immense wealth in these countries, but the citizens share little of that, no matter how hard they work.

i see that Americans do share equally wealth of the country

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2010).

sociology.ucsc.edu...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Sir, I am speaking out on what I see happening.

No one man can hold the world in his head, can he?. But he can speak out against one wrong, one injustice - concerted non-action for the Libyan resistance who have been begging for help for weeks.

This is not a debate tournament: it's about people's lives, its about people who are are losing hope when they thought and believed that us westerners would help.

It's about the tactic effort by Western nations to stop the fuse that ignited Tunisia and Egypt from going further, for their own purposes, oil.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by AeonStorm

Libya, here we come! Prepare to be liberated, UNITED STATES STYLE! ...Oh God that I do not believe in, please help us all.

Pretty retarded statement, since the Arab League has asked for a no-fly zone and other assistance for the Libyan rebels, and France came out in favour way ahead of "Let me think a while" Obama. Guess news is not your strong point, huh?

It was sarcasm Mr. Serious Guy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
make up the mind, is the US the world police or not?

like us or hate us. we can't win, eh?

notice the US is us? which has a collective connotation.

very clever.

i'm glad, kill em all, shuffle the cards. we don't get that much oil from them anyway if that's what you people think.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Meaning you can't counter my arguments. I don't argue for debating points - I feel this is either the end or the beginning of a new era. My God when will us democracies stand up for the right of other people to be self-determinant?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

We have a far better deal than most Arab citizens. Calculate that.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Sorry. This all striking close to home. Again sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Finally, we can defend those people against tyrannical-leadership and oppression!!!! I understand the delay and the need for the backing of the U.N., however, I hope all is not to late to bring freedom to that land. . . .But, I feel fear that we may unleash something much more than what the West has ever anticipated, a movement, an enemy, against all Western ideology . . . possibly . . . a movement that destroys all cultural boundaries in favor of religious unity beyond all borders. Don't get me wrong . . . I love people . . .Humans . . . I really care less what religion someone emanates from . . . oppression needs to be confronted, as in Libya or ANYWHERE else.
edit on 17-3-2011 by nonnez because: Last statement

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hate to break down things to something so trivial as $ , but honestly how in the heck can we afford to get involved in this war too - when we can't even afford the one we are already in. The people of America are hurting with foreclosures, public service cuts, rising food costs the list just goes on. I believe in helping other countries.. although I would have to say I disagree with our policy of sticking our nose in every country's affairs. But my real concern is really...how can we afford it if the Government Checkbook is empty ;-(

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Did you even notice in the news that the Arab League is asking for no-fly zone and airstrikes over Libya to support the revolutionaries ? Four Arab nations have offered aircraft in this effort.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by xavi1000

We have a far better deal than most Arab citizens. Calculate that.

Far better deal with Goverment ? muehehehhehehe

Health care , TSA, Patriot Act , Bank are robbing you , young soldiers die unnecessary, two working shifts , Aspartame ad Prosac , Fluoride , etc etc .. nice deal

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelsOnMyShoulder

As far as America goes, we are paying for an Aircraft Carrier Battle Group no matter where they are or what they are doing over that a ways.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Meaning you can't counter my arguments. I don't argue for debating points - I feel this is either the end or the beginning of a new era. My God when will us democracies stand up for the right of other people to be self-determinant?

First of all it seems you are using the term democracy in the truest sense of the word, when the term itself is being twisted by MSM and TPTB to mean something else. It should mean a government by the people right? Then why don't I get to vote on the most important issues! I would have voted no BTW (check my previous post to you as to why (Arab League).

Second of all you did not respond to my questions. I can most definitely counter your arguments but I don't because I must not have any logical response right? Whatever. I hope like you feel like you've won something *shrug*

Not going to talk about points that lead nowhere with you anymore. Thanks for the insults though.

Peace,

AS
edit on 17-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: structure

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Talking with you is like trying to fence with a mist. Settle down, stay concrete, define what you refer to. That is all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It is easy to feel so strong about something. I can't stand the idea of people begging for help that never comes, and who are left behind. It overheats my head and my heart, so I say some stupid things. AeonStorm, you have my apology.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It is easy to feel so strong about something. I can't stand the idea of people begging for help that never comes, and who are left behind. It overheats my head and my heart, so I say some stupid things. AeonStorm, you have my apology.

But you are like fencing with a mist!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

My apologies also. Your good at defending your point and I respect that. Just try to keep cool Dark
I know exactly what you're talking about and I completely understand! My reasoning aside I would do exactly what you've suggested! Take that MF out!!!

Respect,

AS

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

I hope NATO honors the rebels wishes.

Knee-slapper

lol I know...kind of contradictory isn't it? But I do hope no NATO soldier has to step on their ground as the rebels do not want this.
edit on 18-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My most cynical side says that this UN vote is political cover.

No airplane will be over Libyan skies, before MG has eliminated the rebels.

TPTB like their arrangement with Gaddafy.

And certainly, that is all that counts, because of the oil.

Forget the blood.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
When did Gadafi change his name? lol I think in 1986 he was called Kadafi, with his line of death haha. I think the truth been known 1986 after Regan blasted some his family away Mr. Kadafi been scared sh*tless since...
It's just another Illuminati puppet Regan had to straiten out. This has all been planed for years. Kadafi will be partying with Bin laden in Miami this time next year..

God bless the Japanese people a truly enlightened race of humans....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join