It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Authorizes Military Strikes on Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You can't stop violence with violence. It always turns into some huge war, EVERY SINGLE ****ing time. When will we ever learn? Every single time it's always so clear and simple... How quickly we forget, the world isn't so.

Not like saving lives was the intention of the UN anyway. It's all about money and power. War has never been about peace.
edit on 17-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

That makes a great slogan. It doesn't match reality though, never has and never will.

Ask the death camp survivors who only lived because allied forces killed their captors, before they could kill the prisoners.

link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Some of you need to pull your heads out.

This is a situation where the civilized world needs to act.

The people, who bravely stood up to gadaffi are being slaughtered by this madman because he refused to release power.
Unlike the other dictators who left when it was clear their people didnt want them, Gadaffi refuses to go alive.

This isnt another Iraq or Afghanistan.
This isnt something created in the halls of the CIA.

The people are asking for our help, they deserve it.

If our cries of democracy and freedom are worth anything at all, we'll go in, destroy their airforce, drop one bomb on Gadaffi then leave.

This is a civil matter. Why do NATO forces have to get involved? Couldn't we just supply the rebels instead? We can just as easily give them intelligence and all the equipment they need to level the playing field.
edit on 17-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
I can barely keep track of all the crazy s*** that is going on anymore.

Agreed dude..... maybe time to cancel the net connection, throw the tv out in the yard, and get some smokes.

If the weather was any better I would head to the hills in my vw camper.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
How about we get the UK to do this one so they can make up for those back room deals to release terrorist for oil rights.

How many questionable actions have the US been involved with when Oil is figuring in the equasion ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

No I would not ask you to believe anything.

I believe there are money changers that would prefer things remain as they are, including the little Colonel MG.

I think the US and the "International Community" have delayed until they think the rebels are done. I think this has emboldened crack downs on others in the middle east who are rightfully demanding reforms.

An effort to stifle what we saw in Tunis and Egypt from coming to other parts of the middle east. I think the establishment is playing political theater with lives.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Oh yes it does! It matches reality quite well. Ever heard of an eye for an eye? Just because a conflict officially ends, doesn't mean it's over. The human race has been digging itself a deeper grave every time we decide its time to start a war.... It's always us vs them. It's such BS! WE ARE THEM. We need to stop killing, and if people want to go around killing each other, well then, let's stand by and get slaughtered. Lay down your arms. At least in that scenario, someone will be alive to have the last laugh.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
How about we get the UK to do this one so they can make up for those back room deals to release terrorist for oil rights.

UK tv is saying the Brits will be first in with air strikes.

I would have thought this would be a good project for drones to patrol and take out anything they pick up.

I'm pretty sure the pro Gadaffi guys will quickly change sides when they get a taste of whats coming.

Surely can't be so difficult to 'accidentally' take out Gadaffi himself. You can't be a Gadaffi supporter without a Gadaffi.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

This from a citizen of the country that once carved the middle east into countries and invented Iraq, all for oil? Actually, you may know a good deal more about that than us yanks. Carry on.

EDIT: not a reply to all brits!!! Just this one
edit on 17-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well the US is giving Egypt weapons and Egypt is giving weapons to rebels in Lybia?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Does anyone find it strange that Obama is in South America and the rest of the Oil brokers scattered to the far corners of the earth? Prima facie evidence of collusion and conspiracy.

One might further note that the UN is being used as a goon squad by these individuals. Why are America and Britain doing this?

Is this the NWO finally revealing itself?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Again ask all those victims, who had no arms to lay down, how they were as guilty as their murderers and their torturers?

Gaddafy has been doing exactly for 41 years.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Libya, here we come! Prepare to be liberated, UNITED STATES STYLE! ...Oh God that I do not believe in, please help us all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Libya, here we come! Prepare to be liberated, UNITED STATES STYLE! ...Oh God that I do not believe in, please help us all.

Pretty retarded statement, since the Arab League has asked for a no-fly zone and other assistance for the Libyan rebels, and France came out in favour way ahead of "Let me think a while" Obama. Guess news is not your strong point, huh?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Pr0t0

No I would not ask you to believe anything.

I believe there are money changers that would prefer things remain as they are, including the little Colonel MG.

I think the US and the "International Community" have delayed until they think the rebels are done. I think this has emboldened crack downs on others in the middle east who are rightfully demanding reforms.

An effort to stifle what we saw in Tunis and Egypt from coming to other parts of the middle east. I think the establishment is playing political theater with lives.

Yes I think you have hit the nail on the head.
Democracy always has to come at a price-like it did for West Germany when the wall came down in the East.
Where were the concerns about democracy when it suited ?
The greatest problem is not introducing democracy to those who have never known it-its how to manage and co-ordinate a transition when people are not ready for it.
Russia is a good example-most people there are happy with the devil they know.
If the West is so hell bent on democracy and freedoms for all-then it has to endure the consequences of their pushing for it.
I would like to know where all these jobs and raising of living standards will come from which the people in the Middle East are thinking will be theirs.........especially knowing how jobs and living standards even in societies which have always HAD democracy-have been declining so fast since 2008.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I hope NATO honors the rebels wishes.

Knee-slapper

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So basically we are going to help them, just like we helped Iraq? Keep in mind Iraq is a utter failure, I just don't see why the rebels want our help, we will go over there and kill about 700,000 of Libyan people, then we will prop up another dictator far worse than Gadaffyduck.

We did it before we will do it again, same plan, just a different country. Then the people who want us to help today will hate us in a year or so. :/

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gaddafi sent weapons to the IRA, who in turn bombed UK cities
Blair went and shook hands with Gaddafi
Blair sold him arms
Blair organised the release of the Pan Am Bomber
Blair got his oil deal for BP in Libya
Now we have to go and sort Gaddafi out
Where is Blair ?
Send that useless scumbag over to see him.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

This international community has sat on our asses the last month as these people begged for help and died.

How are we going to airdrop jets to them or assault copters or even rudimentary supplies when the government forces will shoot the hell out of them on the ground the moment we leave and long before they can make use of those supplies?

Come on, think!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is great! When do we help those being beaten and killed in Bahrain? Oh, that's right, the Bahrainian government and the Saudis are our friends and allies. The Bahrainian Shiite rebels are obviously Al Qaeda agents bent on the destruction of the western world.

So, are we allied with the Sunnis in the war on terror. Wait, is this a war on terror or a war on Shias? Perhaps we should help the Yemeni protestors, how about the Saudi protestors? I think in both of those countries the protests were stopped by overwhelming gov't force.

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here, "Freedom can not be given, it must be earned."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Way to not think through an a situation. Grats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join