It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JW Obtains Defense Intelligence Documents Detailing Terrorist Campaign to Recruit Juveniles & Launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

JW Obtains Defense Intelligence Documents Detailing Terrorist Campaign to Recruit Juveniles & Launch Attacks against Children

www.judicialwat ch.org

Washington, DC -- March 17, 2011
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Obama Department of Defense detailing a deliberate campaign by al-Qaida and other extremist groups to recruit juveniles and launch terrorist attacks against children. The records consist of two Joint Task Force Intelligence Information Reports from debriefs of detainees at the U.S. terrorist detention facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well this will be my second ever post and this one is a doozy

In short this report shows

•Extremist groups in Saudi Arabia and Yemen used religion as the main mechanism for recruiting juveniles. Extremist groups preferred juveniles who were poor or involved in illegal activities since they made easy targets for recruitment.
•Extremist groups are not looking for a particular characteristic in a recruit, but prefer juveniles who are poor or are involved in drinking and drugs. The juveniles are looking for happiness and fulfillment in their lives, and they have not found it. For these reasons they are susceptible to being brainwashed by extremist groups.
•No juvenile has resisted taking part in an operation. Most juveniles are eager to participate after hearing a religious speech given by one of the trainers at the camp.
•The Terrorist and Extremist Groups (TEGS) justify their attacks on young children (ages 5 through 17) by claiming that the children are either non-believers or children of non-believers. The attacks on children are deliberate actions.
•The attacks on children are psychological operations against non-believers to prevent them from organizing against the TEGS. The TEGS attack schools and buses to maximize psychological effect. Attacks against children in schools and buses are used because they are easy targets. The attacks are conducted to show non-believers how little the TEGS think of non-believers’ lives who are against Islam.
•The TEGS consider attacks on children legitimate. The TEGS believe the attacks on children are a religious good deed and attackers will go to heaven. The TEGS encourage their members to launch attacks on children.
•Juvenile females are recruited into the extremist groups, but not for operational purposes. The juvenile females become brides for extremist members.

The records note that “approximately 40% of al-Qaida members in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq are composed of juveniles under the age of 18.” Terrorists recruit juveniles at Koran study groups, soccer games, summer camps, trips to other cities and swimming pools. Some extremists with connections to law enforcement purposely target potential juvenile recruits for arrest and coercion while detained in jail.

When I read this I remember that movie Blood Diamond it's about conflict diamond (also called a converted diamond, blood diamond, hot diamond, or a war diamond) refers to a diamond mined in a war zone and sold to finance an insurgency, invading army's war efforts, or a warlord's activity...
this story reminded me of how these people use innocent kids fill their heads with poison then send em out to die for whatever causes they subscribe too.... it's just all so sad really

www.judicialwat ch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah because Christmas certainly is not being used to give gifts to children to promote the concept that they believe in Jesus, and none of them grow up to be prejudiced at all let alone in deadly ways to non-Christians.

Will the brain dead of the world ever get a clue?

I wonder.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
nice propaganda. Is this news? Oh yeah that is pro-state propaganda for state ran terrorism.

We the people are not violent. But the state is.
edit on 17-3-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Be careful with any information extracted through torture. The victims will say whatever the perpetrators want just to try and make the pain stop.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Be careful with any information extracted through torture. The victims will say whatever the perpetrators want just to try and make the pain stop.

Sometimes, its even the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All cults try to get em young, this is nothing new. Look at Jesus Camp, who admit they learned their tactics from "terrorists" lmao.
edit on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:44:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Yeah because Christmas certainly is not being used to give gifts to children to promote the concept that they believe in Jesus, and none of them grow up to be prejudiced at all let alone in deadly ways to non-Christians.

wow, you're comparing people celebrating christmas to extremists using children to, possibly, commit violent acts towards other children (and adults)?

that, sir, is the most impressive comparison I've ever seen on the site.

some back up regarding the use of children as weapons:
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.deccanherald.com...
some wiki on the topic of child suicide bombers
en.wikipedia.org...

I've been having a hard time finding any christian children that commited any similar acts, nor have a I been able to find any news regarding similar type organizations brainwashing children to commit acts of violence on behalf of any faith.

please understand that we are all well aware of the fact that this news of terror groups using children to further their cause is not a representation of the entire islamic faith but, let's be honest, there is a small percentage of that community that has done it and continues to do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I guess this is the prep work so they can start charge kids as terorist for hacking computers. They know anonymous involves a lot of kids hacking computers thinking its fun. But if they start to make the public think of kids as terrorist they beieive the public will let them lock children up for being kids if government secrets are involved.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

wow, you're comparing people celebrating christmas to extremists using children to, possibly, commit violent acts towards other children (and adults)?

some back up regarding the use of children as weapons:
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.deccanherald.com...
some wiki on the topic of child suicide bombers
en.wikipedia.org...

I've been having a hard time finding any christian children that commited any similar acts, nor have a I been able to find any news regarding similar type organizations brainwashing children to commit acts of violence on behalf of any faith.

please understand that we are all well aware of the fact that this news of terror groups using children to further their cause is not a representation of the entire islamic faith but, let's be honest, there is a small percentage of that community that has done it and continues to do it.

There has been a small portion of any religious group that has done terrorists acts. Even atheists can commit terrorist acts. Why do we think it is exclusive to muslims?

Are there any terrorists fundementalist buddists?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Yeah but the Islamic portion is quite as small as the others and thier tactics would make Tomas de Torquemada squirm.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Anyone who actually follows Jesus' actual teachings would never do anything that harms anyone in any way (physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, ANY WAY). Period. "Christians" who go bomb abortion clinics or protest at a soldier's funeral are either misled, or not Christians. "Men of the cloth" are possibly the worst extant influence on Christians. They stand in their pulpit interpreting scripture, telling their flock "God meant this!" and "Jesus forgot to mention that!" and "Believe me when I say ____!" and all it is is them stroking their own egos to feel more self-important. If you've read the Bible for yourself, and let your gut instincts tell you what it means, you'll get some truth out of it. If you let a preacher take verses out of context and tell you what they mean without doing your own analysis, you will end up believing at best half-truths, and at worst, outright lies. This is why I completely rejected Christiantiy once my parents started forcing me to go to church, because there I witnessed all these so-called upstanding fine Christians being bullies, hypocrites, and all-around a-holes just because they were PIOUS. "Lookit me, I'm Godly!!" they'd say on Sundays after spending the rest of the week lending money at interest, or selling off toxic derivatives, or padding slush funds, or beating their kids for getting bad grades. "I'm outta here," I said as soon as possible (and I had to join the Army to get away from it).

Then, later on, I realized the trap. I figured out that all those church-goers didn't know SQUAT about what it means to be Christian: Love everyone. Period. No qualifiers, no amendments, no revisions, no need to go spend two hours a week listening to some self-important jackal telling people otherwise. It is Jesus I worship, not Christians. Organized churches are amazingly toxic to the human condition. Preachers make people hate Jesus. I almost ended up like that myself (especially since I'm not heterosexual), but because of my strong mind and my not being brain-dead, I figured out eventually that the churches and those in them do not represent Christ. They follow after worldly things, and self-importance, and money, and getting as many followers as possible to maximize all three. Christians these days are as unlike Christ as possible. Some even become terrorists. But a true, real Christian? Never. Never, never, never, not ever, no, nuh-uh.

And Christmas? Give me a break. Not only is it not Christ's birthday, all it is anymore is "Buy! Consume! Spend! You do want to give, don't you?? Everyone will hate you if you don't BUY them something!! It's what Christ wants!!" If Christmas instills anything in childrens' minds, that is what it instills. "Christ? Forget Christ, I gotta go shopping!!"

You are right about the world being full of brain-dead people... but overgeneralizations are almost always wrong. Not all Christians are brain-dead, bad, mean-spirited, self-important, greedy bastards. Only most of them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think the spread of Christianity out of Rome through a violent militant process across Europe the Americas, parts of Africa and Asia wiping out first nations peoples and establishing a dominant yet very militant and violent Judean/Christian/Western mindset kind of not only speaks for itself but is so deeply entrenched most people can't even see it.

It does after all involve a lot of painful introspection that is often not very pretty.

There are definately dual standards being employed, and whether it's children in Israel writing in colored chalk on 500 pound bombs 'grown ups' are going to drop 'peacefully' on other children, or some 'grownup' helping a child strap 5 pounds of plastic explosives to them, pretty much ends up with the same net result, kids dying, kids being taught to hate by grownups who are guess what, often in denial.

Maybe it's time people start speaking to the obvious truthfully?

Indeed it is very rare.

edit on 17/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteRabit

What the hell have the Judicial Watch got to do with this subject? Thier job is to hunt down and expose government corruption, not dig up intelligence files! Certainly they have no use for a document containing recruitment methods of the worlds terror organisations!
What a confusing picture... I wonder why they were poking about in that file.... Beware, here there be MONSTERS!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Christianity was used as a control mechanism by evil people who were killing two birds with one stone: spreading their power, and destroying Christ's true message. Never equate Christ with Christianity, they couldn't be more different now. Don't confuse Christ with Christians. "Christianity's militant spread" had nothing to do with Christ, except inasmuch as they used Christ as a weapon to beat people with. As Hurley's mother said (on Lost), "Jesus Christ is not a weapon." But Christianity is. It's been used to hurt people ever since Emperor Constantine coopted, perverted, and destroyed Christ's message, replacing it with his own. Hasn't been the same since. Just look at the Crusades; that was Christians, not Christ! They were ignoring Christ's teachings back then and they're still doing it today, it can't be more obvious.

So bash Christians all you want, I'll even join you. They have nothing to do with Jesus Christ anymore. But do not bash The Man Himself. All he ever did was try to get people to love each other. Oh, and sacrifice his own soul to save ours... can't forget that...

PS: this goes for just about all religions nowadays, and yes, it's man who's at fault for there being Jewish and Palestinian kids hating each other so much that they grow up and start bombing each other. Ever seen South Pacific?

You've got to be taught to hate and fear,
You've got to be taught from year to year,
It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a different shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

THAT IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY HAS BECOME... a machine that ensures children hate whatever their parents hate. But Christ hasn't changed at all, and some of us are still in tune with him and his teachings. We don't fall for the propaganda. You shouldn't either.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Thought Provoker because: A PS

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well they did claim they looked into it because of a March 11th claim by The Al-Qassam Brigades, a branch of Hamas
The story "Massacre of the innocents" is found here
A clip from that story is

The killers started with Yoav, the Fogels’ 11-year-old, and Elad, his 4-year-old brother. Yoav’s throat was slit, and Elad was stabbed twice in the heart. Then the attackers murdered Ruth, knifing her as she came out of the bathroom. In the next room they killed Ruth’s sleeping husband, Udi, and their infant daughter, Hadas. Apparently they didn’t notice the last bedroom, where the two other boys, Ro’i, 8, and Yishai, 2, were asleep. It wasn’t until half past midnight, when 12-year-old Tamar came home from a Friday night youth group, that the horrific slaughter was discovered. Much of the house was drenched in blood, and the 2-year-old was shaking his parents’ bodies, crying for them to wake up.

But JW did say they first requested this story way back in 2006 not March 2011.

Whatever the case it caught my eye because as a mother the thought of bringing harm to a child is simply deplorable regardless of who or why
edit on 17-3-2011 by WhiteRabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

in other words, no, you cannot find an instance of a child suicide bomber acting on behalf of any other faith, nor can you find instances of other faiths recruiting young children to be utilized as a weapon against non-believers.

the truth is that this small portion of a much larger group does, indeed, do things no rational human being would consider. The concept of convincing an innocent young mind to be used as a tool to further a religious belief is horrific and the fact that you are trying to defend it speaks volumes.

do I think that israeli kids writing messages on bombs in chalk is wrong? damn right I do. I also think that when the US soldier does the same thing on bombs being used during a war is as wrong, or more, as the adult should know better. Much like an adult fundamentalist should know better than to use the naive innocence and the desperation of the downtrodden to create havoc, death and destruction.

you can conjure up images of the crusades all you want but what it comes down to is simple. grown men with an agenda abusing the minds of children to further their cause.

until all human beings are capable of seeing the destructive stupidity in fighting over faiths, we are doomed. so long as people, such as yourself, try and defend something that you probably don't believe is just, simply because you don't want to come across as siding with "the enemy," our rodent society will continue hauling arse on the wheel to nowhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought ProvokerTHAT IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY HAS BECOME... a machine that ensures children hate whatever their parents hate. But Christ hasn't changed at all, and some of us are still in tune with him and his teachings. We don't fall for the propaganda. You shouldn't either

that first line should be humanity, not christianity. unfortunately, hatred is passed down the line in all faiths, all cultures.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Protoplasmic Traveler: The Children's Crusade would probably have been a better example.

edit: this is my 751st post. In 751 AD, Charlemagne, future Roman Emperor, expelled the Lombards from Italy.
edit on 17-3-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Please my friend, I think it all boils down to at where the individual wants to draw their outrage line, and what is offensive and what isn't based on their own politics, religion, perspective etc.

It's a disengenuous argument, if a child hasn't blown themselves up as a child, there is nothing wrong with the instilled mindset, even though what's instilled in them as a child, is what leads to them going off to war as an adult, using stand off and attack weapons on children, leaving depleted uranium shells all over the place to deform children, and burrying landmines all over the place for children to step on.

These are the kinds of things sadly 'some' would like to justify because they can point to A child blowing themselves up in a warzone that they created out of that child's home and life to begin with with the politics and attitudes and religon that were instilled previously in them as children.

Do the world a favor, set your own standards, no matter how low you may wish them to be, and let the rest of us set our own too, no matter how high they might be.

People learn this crap as kids and they go through their adult lives spewing it and making excuses for it.

That's a fact, as unpleasant as it might be, the truth shall set you free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join