It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JW Obtains Defense Intelligence Documents Detailing Terrorist Campaign to Recruit Juveniles & Launch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ya All Know your starting to derail her thread...
this post has nothing to do with Christianity
it merely points out more craziness in a world already gone mad... and not over who's god is better because essentially all these groups believe in the same god. no all this is because of differing view points on the right method to worship the same god....

So what do ya all say, can we get back to the topic at hand???

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
THAT IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY HAS BECOME... a machine that ensures children hate whatever their parents hate.

that first line should be humanity, not christianity. unfortunately, hatred is passed down the line in all faiths, all cultures.

Yes, it is. But it is not passed down by all humans (aka "humanity"). It is those few rare gems of people that give humanity a redeeming quality or two. Someday they may become the majority if enough people reject hate for hate's sake. As with most things, it's up to us to improve the world through our actions, our words, our teachings. You can teach kids to hate, or to love. You can instill selfishness, or greed, through the examples you set. Very few children will ever grow out of whatever was shoved into their heads at impressionable ages. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess. I was able to make up my own mind (eventually), and break the conditioning and see the truth. But what chance does a Palestinian kid have of breaking it? All day every day they're oppressed prisoners; not hating their oppressors is a virtual impossibility. And since that entire conflict is based on "my God is bigger than your God," it will never be resolved until they realize they all worship the same God with different names. But with all the dogma they're carrying around, they probably won't realize it until it's too late. Whose "fault" is it? Whoever started the cycle. Everyone else is just another victim of it. As long as that cycle continues, death and hate and chaos will rule. Can the cycle be broken? Only time will tell...

And in the meantime, each side will use whatever weapons it can get (including children) to fight the other side. It isn't about Christianity, per se, no... but it's about love versus hate. It's about god versus god. It's about free will versus doing-what-you're-told-because-some-god-said-so. This reminds me of my favorite Star Trek line ever (said by Riker): "Maybe the end [of the war] begins with one boy putting down his gun." That's the only place it can begin; the adults sure aren't going to change. Rebellious children are the only hope for improving the human race.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Thought Provoker because: Forgot a whole paragraph.

edit on 3/17/2011 by Thought Provoker because: ...and I got Riker's quote wrong... doing too many things at once.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

like I said, until people with your mindstop stop condoning this, it will continue.

rather than try and find examples of other faiths doing this, which you cannot, you continue to try and find ways to make this heinous practice seem slightly more acceptable.

it isn't. there's no spin in the world that will make the majority of the thinking world see this act as anything other than barbaric, cowardly and disgusting.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What a disengenous post, where have I condoned this practice.

Clearly I am saying the SELECTIVE condemning of one practice while TURNING A BILIND EYE to others is not helpful.

I can see some are reluctant to engage in honest debate on this issue, and clearly the blame can be spread around ALL the MILITANT RELIGIOUS thinkers, or appologists, or excusers.

It's a bright warm cloudless day here in Miami, I think someone would have to really do some pretty horendous stuff here to make kids want to blow themselves up.

You sir want to address the 'symptoms' and not the root problems, indeed you prefer those not even be discussed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I still say this is propaganda. Lets take a look at what cryptome.org... released yesterday.
Alshamikha Female Jihad Magazine (Arabic) March 16, 2011 (2.3MB)
cryptome.org...

This is propaganda that is meant to win the approval of targeting women and children as terrorist. Remeber how the war on terror brought forth laws to convict terrorist. Now you have terror related charges against citizens all across America, but terrorist still sit in quantonomo bay with no charges. How did that happen?

And I warn you that a 12 or 13 year old kid will be chareged as a terrorist for hacking the government in a few years and they will use the excuse he bullied his classmates and now hes hacked the government as proof of why he has a life sentence.

edit on 17-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Clearly I am saying the SELECTIVE condemning of one practice while TURNING A BILIND EYE to others is not helpful.

you seem to either be missing the point or intentionally ignoring it.

nobody is condemning the islamic fundamentalists for using children as weapons while turning a blind eye to the jews, christians, atheists, buddhists etc who do the same thing.

you know why? because they don't. I've been unable to locate one instance.

Let me say it clearly:
It is a horrid, dispicable practice by anyone who would use a child as a means of delivering a weapon meant to destroy another person. It is disgusting to think that anyone would train a kid to strap on a bomb and blow himself up in a crowd. This goes for all groups.

Thankfully, this cowardly act seems to be practiced by only one group. It's a shame that there are people who refuse to state that the practice, by islamic fundamentalists, of using children as suicide bombers is wrong, choosing, instead, to say that others do it (without proof) and that they are wrong for it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"a deliberate campaign by al-Qaida and other extremist groups to recruit juveniles and launch terrorist attacks against children."

Hell, the government been doing that here for decades. Where do you think school shooters come from?
edit on 17-3-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Speaking of "child terrorists", it is kind of ontopic I think. Does anyone remember the name of the american kid DHS grabbed saying he made bomb threats? Anyone ever hear anything more about it? Last I heard it was a few days and his parents hadn't been able to find out where he was, let alone contact with him.
edit on Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:23:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteRabit

I do not understand. The Judicial Watch have no jurisdiction or legitimate reason to look into ANYTHING which doesnt directly revolve around the prevention of government corruption by educating the people. They have no other purpose . None of thier stated goals give them a reason to investigate terrorist recruitment strategies, or for that matter the murder of innocent people.
Thier remit is very simple, and very narrow. Look at the government, tell folks when it is misbehaving, dont let the politicians get away with murder. Since neither of the subjects, the terror recruitment , or the murder of innocent people by militias, have ANYTHING to do with the work of the Judicial Watch group, unless thier aims have changed from government quality control measurement, all the way up to international arbiters of justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join