It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to assist Japan. FROM OUT OF BOX THINKERS.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Now I wonder if they could have hooked up a power cable to a nuclear sub or battleship, do you realize how much power a mobile city like an aircraft carrier generates? Sounds like a cheap way of quickly restoring the power necessary in the days leading up to the meltdown, the explosive meltdown, they had time and they are on a waterway. This means they don't have to maintain all of their redundant power backups and just before hand, devise a way to transfer the power from one of the military's huge water craft power plants (we so affectionately call, warships).

The US Ronald Reagan is right there and has that ability. So i'm sure they would have done so already if it could be done.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

From my point of view, the topic of this forum is to be abstract and give unorthodox solutions to the pressing problem. Claiming them too "out of this world" as you so abruptly pointed out undermines the entire point of engaging in this thread. Legalistically you are correct under normal circumstances, such system and the construct of such buildings would take many weeks, if not months. However, in a time of emergency I would rather put a more positive outlook on our abilities as human beings to work together, in order to construct something like that. Shipments of material could be in China in under a week, once there construction could begin immediately. I'm not saying its the most time efficient way, but I would suggest it would be a long term solution in order to properly 'clean up" this disaster currently taking place. With as little environmental effects as possible. Also please don't forget, 42 million people occupy Tokyo, unless you engage in further containment of the reactor cores, continual traces of radiation will be present within at least a 30 mile radius , thus affecting the countries ability to clean up and rebuild.

Oh and by the way, Replicators are from Stargate SG1. Not Star Trek. Next time try and get your facts straight. Even if their completely irrelevant. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

A shaped charge is shaped to penetrate armor. One doesn't shape mayhem to be kind mayhem, it's simply more mayhem.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arcanewings

Star Trek
24th century Federation starships were commonly equipped with replicators because they allowed for a wide variety of foods and beverages to be served to crew members and also allow for replication of other objects. The selection was limited only by the software and the number of options that had been programmed.

In addition to foodstuffs, replicators could be used for replicating machine parts, clothing or other objects. Industrial replicators could even be used to replicate heavier machine parts.
Cheers!
edit on 3/18/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

It couldn't be done because nobody devised a linkage, this has to have been thought of years ago and an engineered linkage system needed to be tested. I'm saying simply that this kind of thing is extreme emergency if the military powers to be would have it in them to consider their ships for emergency power, but people are selfish and can get possessive, even if what they are in command of what they possess was paid for by the very people they are supposed to protect!

I'm just saying it's an engineering solution, not a social solution, that egg is harder to crack.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by woghd

A shaped charge is shaped to penetrate armor. One doesn't shape mayhem to be kind mayhem, it's simply more mayhem.

Yes, that is one use for a shaped charge. Other things that controlled explosions can do is place a demolished building exactly into it's own footprint, or in this situation, a cloud of fallout exactly where we want it, so it won't do any more harm. A small controlled nuclear explosion will accomplish this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1cem4n

Japan and China are the worlds main manafacturer of electronics, surely its within their capability ?

I do know for a fact that the US government has radioactive hardened technology for electronics... not sure about China or Japan. Lots of this 'hardened' technology is used in our space program, and a lot of it went to use in shielding military aircraft from "EMPs" in detonating nukes... the US has the technology - but will we potentially let hundreds of thousands die instead of exposing our upper hand? Most likely.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They couldn't replicate dilithium crystals now cold they.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

And how could any of this get to help a situation half the way across the world with no scope of technological specifications available? That's also out there close to Star Trek solutions.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

That takes months of engineering on site to do.

You don't just have one in the garage to shuffle on over to drop one from a plane flying by. The more specific a technological solution is, the more you find you have to reengineer what you have to work, it's not a day job.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Exactly, 2011.

1. No one No Government is going to suggest Nuking the "Nuclear Reactors" the whole point is to prevent the spread of Nuclear Fallout.

2. Everything they have tried seems to have failed, and i think even if they manage to get power hooked up to the Reactors, which if they can manage to do that would be amazing, since to me the Reactors look like they've pretty much blown up...

The other Nuclear Accidents had one thing in their favor, for the most part the Reactors hadn't been subjected to an Earthquake or Giant Tidal Waves... Hmm...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They had the time if they had the power to simply circulate the water, they didn't need to run the plant it was shut down days before the temperature reached critical mass, because the water pumps stopped!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Exactly we are crippled by the cost of the Solutions, that's the demise right there... For every solution cost has to be a factor of success...

Money is worth more than life.

"Even supposing the chief good to be eventually the aim for the individual as for the state, that of the state is evidently of greater and more fundamental importance both to attain and to preserve. The securing of one individual's good is cause for rejoicing, but to secure the good of a nation or of a city-state is nobler and more divine." Aristotle.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The simplest analogy I can offer is to look at when you shut off your electric stovetop range, it's still hot, red hot if you had it operating at full capacity, and it takes time to cool. Now multiply that by millions and you see it takes a lot of water to cool fuel rods. Same thing only different.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Now you got it. But you have to consider we have different private corporations, and some might be on the market, with fiscal market constraints, that the military can give two beans about. If a nation ran as a unified company by and for the people instead of market corporations then that nation would, well, be a nation in a Star Trek episode, like that one where they say the Constitution on some planet that was a little damaged.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They had the time if they had the power to simply circulate the water, they didn't need to run the plant it was shut down days before the temperature reached critical mass, because the water pumps stopped!

I know. The pumps got washed away and the Rods began to boil off the Water in the Pools. I think they couldn't have done much to prevent where things stand today...

You've seen the pictures, there is nothing but debris for hundreds of miles... I think it was a losing battle from the beginning. Now they are trying to get basically condemed Nuclear Reactors back to an Operational State...

Look at this also, they've saturated the Pools with Corrosive Salt Water, did they even have a plan if this did not work? Now not only do the rods have a problem being under water, the pools are probably corroded.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Were not as far off from that type of technology. A primitive form has already made its way into the engineering and production world.

RepRap - 3D printer

I hope we find a viable solution in the immediate future. Thank you for the insight.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wont pretend to be an expert but i think the japenese have gone through every possible scenario.....the question ya be asking is not how the disaster will be prevented.But how many lifes will be sacrificed preventing it....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
first you have less then a week to design a new type of nuclear reactor... or more properly put a whole new way of looking at nuclear science...

You have to move away completely from the steam based designs....

The system has to be designed on direct use of all the extra-energy produced by nuclear sciences and effect..

( laymens words... the radiation is used as power source not the motion of turbines)

We have the brains but they have been lazy and the rulers of america have not used them to properly...

MIT, Cal-Tech, Berkley....

If they cant build it... cancel all there scholarships...... all of them... they do not deserve it....

I said it yes i did... But their is no lack of leadership....

Our ally Taiwan in the area and India can produce all of the drainers that would need to be built... they USMC and Spec ops can provide security.... as it is transported there (japan)

On a side note you have to do one thing... do not ask Japan for permission... when there tell them you are only putting out a neighbors fire so it does not burn your house down... And they can pay for the repairs and supplies... send them the bill...

Say you heard someone ask you to help that was in the crowd...

the idea not covered here is to allow Japan to save face after your forcibly make the repairs or recovery

that has been left out of all solutions the face saving

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcanewings

I stand corrected.

Were not as far off from that type of technology. A primitive form has already made its way into the engineering and production world.

RepRap - 3D printer

I hope we find a viable solution in the immediate future. Thank you for the insight.

I yeah i've heard of that.
The Trekkies were about to storm the forum.

The bad thing is that we really can't think of anything outside of Stargate or StarTrek type technoligical ability to solve this problem? Doomed Situation?
edit on 3/18/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join