It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to assist Japan. FROM OUT OF BOX THINKERS.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They have a problem with pumping capacity for water and a general problem getting water to the reactors in sufficient quantity. Water bombing with helicopters is only a PR exercise for a government that seems to be out of ideas.

Suggestion: Steam one or more oil tankers into the bay near Fukushima, scuttle them (they're empty of course), pump them full of water to a level above the level of the reactor containers (if possible, a big if), and finally, gravity feed the water into the reactors.

It, or something like it, is probably doable.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
A controlled nuke fits the requirement, but if that seems too drastic, there may be other avenues. I can't remember who said it, but another tsunami might be just the ticket. Whatever is done, it will have to be on that kind of scale.

The objective at this point is to preserve and support the remains of the reactor, because the further degredation of the core and it's containment-vessel will cause an environmental disaster and make controlling other reactors on the power plant impossible. How is that purpose achieved by using a 'controlled nuke'?

A 'nuke' is not a solution to every problem that plagues mankind.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aCurious1

It took 400,000 people to build the sarcophagus around Chernobyl. It was supposed to last for 50 years and it's only been 25 and needs replacing. Thousands became ill and some died building it. You have to wait until the site is cool enough not to burn through the concrete. Also consider....

Whatever we do has to be:

1. Seismically indestructible
2. Tsunami proof
3. Typhoon proof
4. Terrorist proof
5. Won't allow the cores to enter the water through the ground
6. Proves containment for the radiation
7. Will not decay due to heat or radiation for a reasonable period of time

The site is also physically much bigger than Chernobyl.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Wertwog because: another idea added

edit on 19-3-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
robotic hoe/dozer and a robotic tracked boom, that can drive straight up to the reactors then index change out any tool required to, jack hammer a wall, dig debris out, cut metal, grab and remove fuel rods. it all can be ran from a safe distance via thermal and radio camera, even operated from else ware entirely.

the entire project including the safe disposal can be done via remote. and in the event of a required human presence, build lead shielded pods that can be attached and removed by crane from equipment and service vehicles that have complete life support systems sealed onboard, so the pod can easily be decontaminated while the technician was safely secure inside.

now the question is , how to safely dispose of the rods the reactors and debris? HMMMMM

there is no way to properly dispose of nuclear waste...NONE.
they cant even get rid of the waste that comes from the proper use of the reactors, and areas all over the world are contaminated with this crap, because the retards didn't look far enough into the future before flipping that switch..

edit on 19-3-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
wrong thread, sorry
edit on 19-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaa2500

A controlled nuke fits the requirement, but if that seems too drastic, there may be other avenues. I can't remember who said it, but another tsunami might be just the ticket. Whatever is done, it will have to be on that kind of scale.

The objective at this point is to preserve and support the remains of the reactor, because the further degredation of the core and it's containment-vessel will cause an environmental disaster and make controlling other reactors on the power plant impossible. How is that purpose achieved by using a 'controlled nuke'?

A 'nuke' is not a solution to every problem that plagues mankind.

You need to understand that the reactor(s) are *gone*. Forget about them. They are wasted. Nothing is going to be preserved. We are presently dealing with an uncontrolled series of meltdowns. They may take 200 years or more spewing radiation because these bars cannot be removed. Vaporizing the entire complex will stop this reaction as the particles of plutonium are separated. All that 200 years potential radiation will be neutralized. This amount is thousands of times more than what will be released from a small field-level nuke. Try to understand that the nuke will not ignite the rods or anything like that, it's impossible. What it will do is vaporize them and separate and destroy the molecules. Yes there will be fallout, but there is fallout anyway and by controlling the nuke, we can control where the fallout lands. In other words we can make sure that it goes where it will do no harm.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
don't worry guys! save your brain cells, hundreds, maybe thousands of scientists and engineers with years of experience and vast knowledge in the field are working very hard and maybe not even sleeping (their country are at edge of a disaster even bigger) right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What about Lead? I know they use Lead to protect things from radiation at hospitals. Does it work the same with the kind of radiation coming out?

What if they were to encase them in lead, then submerge the lead casings into a tank of water, or as someone else suggested liquid nitrogen.

However what would the composition be if nitrogen atoms were in contact with lead, or uranium or whatever the rods consist of?

this is just a temporary fix until they can transport them to a facility that can contain them in a more appropriate setting?

On a side note, doesn't next door(China) have an abundance of lead that they mix with things they export? would it be possible to purchase all the toy from all the dollar stores in north America and dump them on the rods to melt into one big concoction of irradiated lead based lump? [Just a thought, not meant to be making fun]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You need to understand that the reactor(s) are *gone*. Forget about them. They are wasted. Nothing is going to be preserved.

The reactors are not gone. 3 reactors have melted down, one containment vessel has a leak and 4 reactors spent fuel rods are melting. The key is to contain the reactors and the spent fuel. meltdown and containment is preferable to radiactive material being spread.

We are presently dealing with an uncontrolled series of meltdowns. They may take 200 years or more spewing radiation because these bars cannot be removed.

You don't need to remove them, you simply need to contain them like what was done at Chernobyl. the core won't actually continue down through the ground for more than 10-15 feet, before it disperses into many smaller puddles and start to cool... There will be damage to the environment and nearby water will be contaminated, but the radioactive material will be contained.

Vaporizing the entire complex will stop this reaction as the particles of plutonium are separated. All that 200 years potential radiation will be neutralized.

You are saying that several thousands of tons of highly enriched uranium can be blown up and simply disappear.

This amount is thousands of times more than what will be released from a small field-level nuke. Try to understand that the nuke will not ignite the rods or anything like that, it's impossible. What it will do is vaporize them and separate and destroy the molecules.

Except that is not how it works. Thousands of tons of radioactive material being burnt at high pressure and high temperature, water being sucked up into the mix and and then hundreds of tons of highly radioactive particles and water falling on the whole of japan, some of china and south Korea, and then reaching the jetstream... Great plan.

Yes there will be fallout, but there is fallout anyway and by controlling the nuke, we can control where the fallout lands. In other words we can make sure that it goes where it will do no harm.

You can't control anything that has to do with weather. The fact that the fallout will be 10-20 times Chernobyl and the atomic detonation will ensure that the fallout reaches the upper athmosphere, means that you don't get to control it. You can hope that some of it disperses it into the pacific, but other than that it's just stupidity. It doesn't matter where it lands, it will always do harm, regardless of where it lands, and for many generations. Even if the atomic detonation is so small that the radioactive material doesn't reach the upper athmosphere, it will still fall over the immediate area and an area several thousands of kilometres across.
edit on 22-3-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ENERGY SOLUTIONS: NEWS FLASH THIS EQUIPMENT IS NOT A DREAM OR A WISH. THESE BIO ENERGY PLANTS ARE AVAILABLE NOW! WHO OUT THERE CAN HELP ME WITH MAKING CONTACT WITH SOURCES WHO WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT A NEW TECHNOLOGY THAN CAN REPLACE THE NEED FOR FOSSIL FUELS AND NUCLEAR POWER.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Preface: I apologize if I'm repeating anyone, I did not scan the full thread..

1. International relief efforts must be increased by several orders of magnitude. The Japanese Government is overwhelmed, which is putting us all in jeopardy.

2. Fire Tepco. If anything in the past week has scared me, it's the total lack of urgency from Tepco officials. A report last week indicated that they were actually ready to abandon the site last and it wasn't until the PM said NO, you get in there and get a handle on this now.. did the Fukushima 50(200) get formed. And now there's this indication that they may just try and contract this thing out..

www.babcock.com...

That is not acceptable. I don't want to get sidetracked by B&W, although there is plenty of research material in that dark corner. The basic problem is, B&W is not going to sense any more urgency than Tepco is currently displaying. If anything, it could worsen the situation. They don't even have any operations in Japan.

3. Foreign intervention. I have a feeling that the President has already informed the Japanese that this is a situation that transcends sovereignty to such a degree that it must cooperate in anyway possible. It was reported on 3/13 or 3/14 (I'm without this link atm, apologies), that the Japanese government had first denied the DOD airspace access to for the GlobalHawk and other UAVs. I would be willing to speculate that that the President immediately intervened and pretty much told the PM that we're going to do whatever we feel is appropriate. It was a few days later at the congressional hearing that the NRC guy basically admitted that they can now "see" inside the building with their sensor technology and he believes the pool is cracked. (again without easy link, getting tired, sorry)

To carry the response mandate, an international consortium should be established. We cannot leave this matter primarily in the hands of a private corporation, and an overwhelmed government. This puts not only Japan and its neighbors in great danger, but possibly the entire Northern Hemisphere. If Tepco continues to doodle around with fire trucks and mobile cement pumps.. the total amount of Cs-137 that will accumulate in the atmosphere could easily eclipse that of Chernobyl. The SFP require 130 tons of water. They're delivering something like 10 tons a day..? The math doesn't work.

3. Establish an international registry for plant volunteers.

It took more than 600,000 Russians to get Chernobyl to a point at which they could safely construct the sarcophagus. And according to this German article that quotes an apparent source at Fukushima, they're talking about 10 years of work to correct everything at the site.

www.welt.de...

Google translation: "The disposal of the reactors, according to an expert could take up to ten years. The newspaper "Asahi Shimbun" refers back to an informant of the nuclear power plant operator Tepco."

This is a situation that requires massive amounts of labor and an effective organizing body. I don't see either happening and the situation grows more dire with every passing day. Establishing a volunteer brigade should be happening NOW. I'm sure that even if this was to happen, there will not be enough volunteers to cover all the work. How to cover that gap.. TBD.

4. Establish local desalinization facilities ASAP. There are mobile installations that could be onsite in a week. Between grid power and the 10 truck-mounted turbines that GE is sending, there should be enough power to run these facilities. Although I think under the circumstances, GE could send a few more than 10..? Anyways.. the continued use of seawater is going to complicate work at the site. This has been widely discussed and I'll try and save some space by skipping these details.

5. Utilize the existing infrastructure. This next part is not me but Namida Ame may have come up with an innovative plan that seems much more appropriate that what's currently being used. I think the main idea needs a bit of tweaking but she's onto something. To summarize; if you haven't noticed in the site photos, there are large lattice tower nearby. By way of helicopter, she proposes to establish enormous water cannons on top of these towers. Assisted by large pumps on the ground, an autonomous flow of water can better directed from a point above the reactor and pools.

jltt.de...

To optimize this solution, I think it would be best to establish mixing tanks at the bottom, of sufficient size to support the cannon's rated output, and mix boric acid with freshly desalinized water.

5. One things are cool enough, the rod removal and entombing process can begin. The reactor vessels and spent fuel rods will need to be entombed temporarily before removal. This option may not be feasible but I'll put it out there anyways. I believe the answer again lies with the lattice towers. The water cannons could be replaced with shotcrete guns. Entomb the rods in shotcrete of a thickness that would withstand the temperatures long enough to remove and transport the rods to a new facility to be erected close by. This new facility should be equipped to handle the rods and vessels and prepare them for a more rugged entombing.

6. Ultimate disposal/storage of the rods and core.. TBD
edit on 22-3-2011 by kukla because: formatting

edit on 22-3-2011 by kukla because: formatting

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You need to understand that the reactor(s) are *gone*. Forget about them. They are wasted. Nothing is going to be preserved.

The reactors are not gone. 3 reactors have melted down, one containment vessel has a leak and 4 reactors spent fuel rods are melting. The key is to contain the reactors and the spent fuel. meltdown and containment is preferable to radiactive material being spread.

Duh. Yes contain them if they can be contained, but apparently they CANNOT! Time for plan B? The outside of the box plan?

We are presently dealing with an uncontrolled series of meltdowns. They may take 200 years or more spewing radiation because these bars cannot be removed.

You don't need to remove them, you simply need to contain them like what was done at Chernobyl. the core won't actually continue down through the ground for more than 10-15 feet, before it disperses into many smaller puddles and start to cool... There will be damage to the environment and nearby water will be contaminated, but the radioactive material will be contained.

Again, contained HOW? If they could be contained, this thread would not exist. You do not seem to have a plan for what to do if they cannot be contained.

Vaporizing the entire complex will stop this reaction as the particles of plutonium are separated. All that 200 years potential radiation will be neutralized.

You are saying that several thousands of tons of highly enriched uranium can be blown up and simply disappear.

No, I said no such thing. I said that the fallout can be placed intentionally where ever we want it, provided we control the explosion.

This amount is thousands of times more than what will be released from a small field-level nuke. Try to understand that the nuke will not ignite the rods or anything like that, it's impossible. What it will do is vaporize them and separate and destroy the molecules.

Except that is not how it works. Thousands of tons of radioactive material being burnt at high pressure and high temperature, water being sucked up into the mix and and then hundreds of tons of highly radioactive particles and water falling on the whole of japan, some of china and south Korea, and then reaching the jetstream... Great plan.

Um no...by controlling the detonation, we can make sure the fallout lands where it will do no harm, bikini atoll, wherever.

Yes there will be fallout, but there is fallout anyway and by controlling the nuke, we can control where the fallout lands. In other words we can make sure that it goes where it will do no harm.

You can't control anything that has to do with weather. The fact that the fallout will be 10-20 times Chernobyl and the atomic detonation will ensure that the fallout reaches the upper athmosphere, means that you don't get to control it. You can hope that some of it disperses it into the pacific, but other than that it's just stupidity. It doesn't matter where it lands, it will always do harm, regardless of where it lands, and for many generations. Even if the atomic detonation is so small that the radioactive material doesn't reach the upper athmosphere, it will still fall over the immediate area and an area several thousands of kilometres across.
edit on 22-3-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

We control all sorts of things with the weather, what are you talking about? By knowing where the jetstream is, and what altitude it is at on any given day, and by controlling the size and shape of the explosion, we can place the fallout wherever we like. Cloud seeders and weather researchers use these techniques all the time. We can control the fallout cloud, just like a demolitionist controls a building implosion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b21905f5bf3b.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a concrete pump/hose assembly delivery system used in regular contruction. This is only an example, they come in all sizes (as in much bigger). I bet a bigger model could be positioned to get water right on those rods. And if they get irradiated all to hell get a hundred of them in a line and use them all . Small price to pay for an entire country.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bff846afaff.jpg[/atsimg]

Ha!! looks like japan likes my Idea too!

I hope they get some bigger ones on site soon.

I lifted the image from the short vid at

FOX news

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Khaaaaaan!! When I seen them using simular devices I thought about your idea and wondered if they ARE listening. Good 1 my friend

Ok now the issue is the water leakage. Is it possible to freeze the land and water around this area preventing as much rad. as possible from entering ground water and sea water. Also maybe a large tarp of some sort may help prevent some air contamination as well.

Thank you ALL for the data you have been posting as posted some ideas seem to be consciously making over there so if any others wish to add feel free.....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think pumping water over it is a horrible idea-where is the run-off going too?Millions if not billions of fish and other amphibians have perished since the BP disaster less than a year ago-that would create another devestating effect upon the Earth and Humanity.Certainly we are on the brink of an ELE.Australian Authorities have reported that 45 different animal and aquatic creatures are on the brink of Extinction.Now we have a Radioactive Fallout which will decrease life expectancy to certain more prone regions of the world.Food supplies are tainted,along with a variety of vegetables.This will mark a definite moment in History where we either come together collectively as"Humanity"or fall wayside to the shananigans of the Federal Reserve,where all the money is transferred around in Support of the War efforts and protection of interest of the Globalist Elitist Scum.
Okay back too the idea thing for containing or delaying the effects of a Core meltdown.Well can't say I know to much about that,but I would think about encasing it rather quickly to buy time and drop radiation levels to at least a range where workers could assess the damage and figure out an alternatives.Don't poison the Environment anymore by washing around radioactive water,and contaminating the Ocean,let alone the land.Encase it,get it over with.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Is it possible to freeze the land and water around this area preventing as much rad. as possible from entering ground water and sea water.

I think that if they could do that, they would just freeze the reactors (or cool them), no that water is voiling when it come out, no way. This thing is going to leak radioactivity for hundreds of years if they don't stop the reaction. I still think they will end up nuking it. If they would have used a small field nuke in the first place, I doubt if there would be any more radioactivity than they have already...and certainly not what will be spewed out over the next year or ten or hundred.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join