It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to assist Japan. FROM OUT OF BOX THINKERS.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What about we hook one of our drones up to a big tank of Cold Oil, and dump the oil onto the reactors. We have drones to kill people, why not to help people?

It would be expensive (the oil), but it would heat up extremely slowly, and have a hard time burning up, which would starve the fuel rods of oxygen, which would cause them not to react by burning which would stop the leak of radioactive iodine and cesium. Its stupid to send human beings near a nuclear wasteland zone. That's why drones should be sent to deliver the payload.

Once the oil is in place, I guess we would try to pour concrete on the plant (powdered with lead) to seal it up.

This would hopefully buy us some time to come up with a long term solution without constant increases in radiation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What Japan needs is a large Vortex Tube. Where air/gas is shot out one end that is ice cold and the other end where it is hot. It could effectively drop the temperature in the area quickly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not a perfect solution put possible.

edit on 18-3-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Send O'Reilly over there..he says nuclear meltdowns aren't a big deal and its overhyped...therefore he is immune to short and long term radiation...give him a hose and let him walk right up to the reactor, tossing it in and turning the hose on.
problem solved...tide comes in, tide goes out, never a miscommunication.

Actually, the solution is not far off from just that...get some people to die honorably running a hose over to the reactor..water works fine, no need for fancy gels or anything like that...its just a matter of getting a bigarse hose to the reactors and problem solved (unless its going into meltdown, then its too late and the h20 will seperate and become a bomb in itself.)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's a thousand degrees. Unless you plan on adding vast quantities of liquid nitrogen or electro magnetic cooling, it's kind of hopeless.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Section69

The Hi Tech from those dumbs needs to come out and drones is one solution. The probably is its too hot, but there is something they dumped in Russia to slow down the melt down and then they poured the sand and cement, it took thousands of them, not 50.

But the ones here are risking way too much. This is far worse than Russia, no matter what they're saying.

1. 6 reactors, not just 1.

2. spent fuel stored on top in ponds, including many kilograms of PU!

3. 3 melted down, no matter what they say, and possibly it was the China Syndrome, many days ago now, with a full Shroom.

4. There are gaping holes in the containment units exposing the reactors.

5. The radiation is lethal enough to kill if close enough in seconds.

6. This is the worst disaster there is, probably 1000 X Chernobyl, and I think they will need a lot of drones.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My most recent idea in concern with movement. Why not use the Giant blimps used to ferry hospitals, buildings to disaster zones?

Aussie company SkyLifter is developing a giant flying saucer that can transport buildings for long distances anywhere in the world.

The airship, dubbed the “SkyLifter,” would be able to lift up to 150 tons — more than seven times the weight that helicopters are able to carry.

If they are close to being built yet or something close to these using UAV intelligence.
Figure a way to attach these and move the contaminated structures else where for storage and shipping..

homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

while storing spent rods at the plant is retarded, they know how to get to them, Recent pictures were released by people on site.

No meltdown. people are still there, taking pictures and working. While they are likely to get cancer if they stay longer than 4 hours, it is not deathly yet.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now, if you have proof of mushroom clouds and people dieing in seconds, by all means show it. otherwise, put up or shut up.

So now. Please stop panicking like a hyena in heat. You are wrong.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OK, money talk right? Get those billionair energy tycoons to pony up the dow so we can get huge pumps, a crazy amount of heavy water and a cooling machine for the heavy water. Spray the rods, collect the run off, cool the run off, repeat.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Water cannot simply be collected. You are better using a vaporization agent. Something that goes into the air after contact. It may seem horrible, but radiation is heavy, and fallout at this point would not happen on land. It would fall to the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sorry for an impromptu first post but I think I may have a somewhat temporary but maybe life saving idea. It's not going to stop a meltdown but it could delay the spread of radiation. Anyone remember the Dubai rain machines?

www.q80s.com...

If you were able to cause the clouds to burst quickly after collecting the moisture around the plant you might be able
to delay the spread of the radiation. Anyone else think this could help?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

they can stop it.
second line

(but they wont)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

Some are of non free will, may detect panic but cannot gather full understanding of the causes and effects and outside effects on native causes... May feel its what we like since tops controll and NO PANIK. Understand? If you seen me at the park with my children and I kept throwing the base ball fast at my child to catch and they kept missing and I only sped up the throw. From the outside it looks like I am teaching my son to catch fast balls even if I am really throwing hard and know it. understand. You observed made best observation and came to conclusion im teaching my child to throw fast because you kept seeing me the parent CARETAKER doing the same intentional thing. So parents CARETAKERS gotta ask. It may be far out to understand.
And thank you

edit on 3/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
what about if people volunteer to sacrifice there life and eat all the radioactive waste can anybody tell me if its actually possible?????

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2010

tdrowe2010 I dont know if that would work friend but thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My idea would be to use mini remote controlled helecopters with cameras built on to get a good idea of what is really happening with the reactors, for example :-www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1cem4n

Sounds like a good idea mentioned previous in the thread. I just dont know why bots were or are not constructed in case these things go wrong before hand. Well known bots

Thanks 1cem4n

edit on 3/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't understand why they don't just do what the Russians did at Chernobyl. >>> Dump tons and tons of cement to encase the reactors. Bury them, period!

The idea of dumping water seems to mean that they want to cool the cores down so that they can somehow salvage the reactors for future use. It appears though, that these reactors are beyond saving.

So, what's stopping them from encasing with cement now without further delay? >>>> I'd posit that officials at TEPCO don't want to lose more face than they already have and admit that they've failed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aCurious1

I think because there or other materials needed besides the cement process. I remember within the thread it was mentioned but it was also mentioned that it would still overheet the cement..

thanks aCurious1

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So far everyone the post have been appreciated. I hope if there are any that can be made real that it is done before things get much worst.

Thanks all for the input and if any other out of box thinkers wanna give it a try feel free.

Be Well and enjoy the Super moon display

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Liquid nitrogen is completely out of the question. These rods are super heated with radioactivity, it takes them decades to cool down to 'normal' levels. Using any type of super coolant would crack the rods, splintering them and cause even more damage – aggravating the melt down even further. Adding any type of gas to an overheated environment or compromised unit would add fuel to the fire. If the containment units were somehow filled with water – the water could be cooled with liquid nitrogen to stabilize the rods quicker.

Remote controlled units can be put in place that can do the following:
Bury the units with sand, encase the sand in concrete and encase the concrete “tombs” with thick lead.

Right now, those are the only methods that we currently know of that will work in a nuclear reactor melt down. I don't think we can really afford to experiment with the amount of spent fuel rods and with the amount of reactor core rods that are in play here.

Launching guided “nitrogen” missiles at the units would eject the material into the atmosphere – causing more damage to the environment. It would be like pouring gas on to an open fire. The rods would shatter, collapse together and quicken the meltdown process. Remember, these are “hot water” reactors people – Chernobyl used graphite as a heat distributor, and thus they were able to use small amounts of liquid nitrogen to cool the reactor rods by cooling the insulator with it. They didn't use the LN straight on the control rods... it would have blown up in their faces.

Think of it this way: If you have a glowing hot piece of metal and you apply something that instantly changes it's temperature to “cold” - it will crack and splinter.

The following demonstration is on a piece of metal that is at 'room temperature':

Imagine that pewter heated to 4000F and attempting to put liquid nitrogen on it . BOOOM

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join