It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Simple answer : my mind. I don't need anything else. Thinking wisely will be the best solution in my opinion. Of course there will be many crazy out there if it goes wrong but still don't believe the need of having a gun.

that is a good one, just be smarter than they are, which i dont think would take much. But i think id still have to have something for a back up though.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
reply to post by nerbot

LMAO dam where can i get me one of those? does Wal-Mart have them in stock?? lol

Naaa, it's as real as zombies.

But I bet I could make something like it from all the cr*p in my workshop.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A railgun and for close combat - 2 katanas

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That looks like a terrible weapon of choice for a zombie attack, where are you even supposed to hold it from?! I'm surprised no one's mentioned a crowbar yet, it's got a bit of range so you don't get too close to the zombies, plus, you can open manhole covers and locked doors with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
cat food. i'll leave a tin a cat food in a giant ditch i have pre dug, and when they all pile in i'll spray the hole with gasoline and light them on fire.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
cat food. i'll leave a tin a cat food in a giant ditch i have pre dug, and when they all pile in i'll spray the hole with gasoline and light them on fire.

cat food? lol like the aliens on District 9? im not sure if zombies would be into catfood lol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

You hold it by the tail or by the body I guess, I don't know. haha

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
have you seen zombie movies? why would you need a weapon? just casually walk around like normal, if a zombie hassle's you, either walk around it or just push it over.
but if you that way inclined , ive learned from resident evil and left4dead that a shotgun is the only way!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
C-mon guys dream a bit this is an "any thing you want question"

A 4x4 something like this...modified a bit of course...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

To pull around the modified , mad max style, trailer "reefer unit" to keep the twinkies cold and Woody Harrelson happy....
Did I mention the fully operational hydraulic pop outs on the trailer?.....ohhh... where the gunsmiths shop is, ohh the the pop out bar...we like to keep a zombie stripper tied to the pole....

sorry but, I cant be too serious..its bed time and the scotch is winning....
edit on 16-3-2011 by Doc Holiday because: most likely failed attempt at embeding a photo...must be filled out!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If I wasn't an altruistic peace loving man, I would have to go with a Mossberg 535 and an AK.

PS: Don't forget to double-tap

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
4 MegaWatt Laser with FlameThrower spray cannister clip on.

... and a cup of conventional houshold bleach!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
C-mon guys dream a bit this is an "any thing you want question"

A 4x4 something like this...modified a bit of course...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

To pull around the modified , mad max style, trailer "reefer unit" to keep the twinkies cold and Woody Harrelson happy....
Did I mention the fully operational hydraulic pop outs on the trailer?.....ohhh... where the gunsmiths shop is, ohh the the pop out bar...we like to keep a zombie stripper tied to the pole....

sorry but, I cant be too serious..its bed time and the scotch is winning....

Dam that is a mean looking rig there

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm going to start off by saying that yes a seemingly zombie apocalypse is ABSOLUTELY possible and plausible in a future time. Now before you cast me off as being insane, hear me out.

Scientists have discovered a naturally occurring fungus that creates a zombie like effect in ants. Directing them to an area where the fungus can spore and propagate. We have Mad cow disease which when it affects humans the results are markedly similar to zombie'sque symptoms. Pale skin, low motor skills, mindless looks etc are all looks of a zombie.

The reason I feel that this is 100% plausible in a future time is that we have plenty of nutcase scientists that mess with biology and chemistry to create weaponry capable destroying nervous systems, burning skin and internal organ shutdown. NOW in order for a person to become a "zombie" whatever organism or chemical needs to alter the frontal lobe and block most neurological signals. With that their immune system, and body would eventually become malnourished enough to resemble a zombie and act like one too. Without the cognitive functions of a normal brain who knows what the humans will deteriorate into. BITING etc. The bacteria may very well manipulate the neurological signals to bite, spit, puke, cough etc just so it can propagate.

Oops Almost forgot the most important piece, what this thread is actually about.

I'd have to say a shotgun, sword, or grenades, flame thrower. Keep me far away and the only way to kill the disease is to make sure it doesn't spread.
edit on 16-3-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a tall building with a barricadeable roof... an AA12 max load out... an AC130 on the COM and a Barret 50CAL with 1K rmds...and my trusty SIG P229 40CAL... 6 MAGS... got most of it already :0)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Being in Canada and not owning any guns, I would have to rely on my swiss army knife and nail clipper...so anyone crossing that front door better be highly motivated !!!!

But if I could choose anything I wanted, I would go for this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/534bcd65301a.jpg[/atsimg]

Always thought it was kinda cool...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm guessing a cut down pump action shotgun with a cylinder choke that can handle 3 1/2" shells to fire 00 buckshot and/or rifled slugs would be your best bet. The remington 870 Deer gun has iron sights and can reach out to 300m with the sabot slugs. Don't forget the flashlight.

A 3 1/2- 5 lb axe might come in handy as well, or a very sharp machette.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

fire axe is awesome,guns are great but they run out of ammo,me i would have to go with my kung fu collection, hook swords,heavy 9 section chain whip,3 section staff,nun chucks, all gauranteed to make anyone living or dead have a bad day

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I guess a chess set and board might confuse them for a bit. As for the Zombie Squirrels. . .I don't have a clue. I fear that the NWO might actually have been initiated when that squirrel first got on those water skis. While we wast our idle time watching them be cute. . .they were attacking us and planniing for SquirrelMageddon. Dunh dunh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnh

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My fav zombie weapon is the slow running fat buddie...
A grenade hung out of reach down the back of the fat buddie with the pin tied to the wall or to another fat buddie is always a good bet to distarct even the most well gorged of zombies to its obliteration....

As a back up for when the fat buddies run out
A Katana of course... no legs, no arms, no head zombie.....
otherwise known as Flat Matt
ain't catchin, a cold, let alone catchin' me....

edit on 16-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We only get ONE weapon for an entire Zombie apocalypse? Thats just wrong.

I want a shot gun, my Ruger .357, a rifle, I want it all. Maybe a flamethrower..................

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join