It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
LOL Zombie Apocalypse would be fun. I'd use either a shotgun or a machine gun and have knives for when I went out of ammo! I've even dreamt about me slaying Zombies, maybe I played Resident Evil 5 too much? xD

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I notice that alot of people would use a gun, all that would do is attract more zombies though. thats why i like the Fire Axe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I fence, so I would be comfortable with a rapier, I also have two hander swords and Katana's in my room, which i would also feel safe with. I would feel even more safe with a gun, but i think my weapon of choice in the end would have to be a solid metal bar like the old police batons, as they are the least likely to break while still easily dealing damage to ones head. The most reliable thing i could think off.

PS~ knives and blades in general are far more likely to snap and dull than a solid bar, which is why i would eventually go away from blades.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Alina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A nice long samurai sword would do it for me......never out of bullets and can make a swift and clean decaputation.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist
reply to post by jaycen420

I think the best weapon would be the Slap Chop, heck after pulverizing the zombie with it you could then slice it, dice it, mince it or even make zombie spaghetti noodles, fun for the whole family. Maybe i'd even get the headset as well for that official look the guy on the infomercials has mainly for intimidation purposes because if seen with that in public by a zombie i'm sure they'd think twice about messing with me.

This would be my next choice of weapon:

Tactical Ky/DrP Water balloons filled with a mix of KY Warming Jelly and Dr Pepper because KY jelly is highly toxic to zombies and I figure the warming part would add a little extra knock down power coupled with the fiz of Dr. Pepper that would eat away at their rotted flesh like acid. Oh yeah and you also need a pair of Oakley tactical gloves with the kevlar/carbon fiber reinforced knuckles give good adhesion to the balloons for a little extra oompf behind your throw and you have a cool set of gloves they would be distracted by because they secretly have a fetish for kevlar/carbon fiber reinforced tactical gloves. You could also add a bicycle helmet some kevlar reinforce spandex shorts with knee pads, elbow pads for a serious look that means business to the zombies. Did you expect anyone to take this thread seriously???

No i dont expect people to take this thread seriously. But i did think it might lighten the mood up a little bit here on ATS. With all the troubles going on i thought it would be a good change of pace

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
After years and years of zombie dreams, I've bashed zombies in the head with just about everything. Table legs, crowbars, hammers, sledge hammer, metal pipes, tire irons, axes, swords, you name it. But the absolute best thing I've ever used in my dreams had been an old fashioned mace.

A mace does amazing head damage, it fast to swing, doesn't require ammunition. When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm going down to the museum to get myself a mace!
edit on 17-3-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
HAHAHA I love zombie's!!! I would definitely have the Remington 12 gauge with me at all times w/ the 9mm holstered. After doing some scouting I would hold up in a location that would be optimal for securing while still giving rooftop access for sniper parties!!!

Ohhh! and Denzel Washintons dual swords from, The Book of Eli.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
best weapon against zombies......

cardio....run away. Move to freezing climate where the zombies will freeze solid. Get a large boat filled with supplies and shove off to sea. No need to fight a zombie hoard.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Surrounding my house with outward facing treadmills.

Brilliant! I would build a trebuchet and stock up on brains (cow brains, pig brains, whatever), kept in a large chest-type freezer. Any time zombies came near, I would thaw some brains in a microwave oven, load them up in the trebuchet, and hurl them. The zombies would go ambling off the other way and leave me the hell alone...

BTW, those of you who are bragging about your real guns here are fools - don't you know that sort of thing goes into a government database?!
edit on 17-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: better wording

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
First of all id wear a shark suit and mask to pretty much make me immune to their bites/scratches (cant believe no one ever thinks of this)

As for the weapon, probably ball and chain of some type, or if a bit cruder...rope tied to a brick? hehe or something like that ;p
Pretty easy to swing and packs a #load of punch for the amount of energy used.

If theres a group of them though, prolly run away
or try and get them one by one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wicks
First of all id wear a shark suit and mask to pretty much make me immune to their bites/scratches (cant believe no one ever thinks of this)

As for the weapon, probably ball and chain of some type, or if a bit cruder...rope tied to a brick? hehe or something like that ;p

i like the shark suit idea

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My weapon for the zombie apocolypse would have to be a MH-60L DAP (modified Blackhawk) which would be filled with my wife and a couple friends, rifles, pistols, shotguns, rations and water.....

And if I couldn't have that, then I'd want an invisibility cloak with smell masking technology. LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's always been my plan!! If the zombie apocalypse happens then I'm going to hijack a yacht or a military boat with guns on it and become a pirate. Going from town to town plundering the food stores and hauling it back with a vehicle of some sort. Personal weapons of choice would be A katana and wakizashi, ak47 and a .45 with plenty of ammo. And for on the boat a PSG1 sniper rifle just in case I want a little R&R popping off heads off shore.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A handy head-blower truly useful tool for such an inconvenience

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/860459ad68e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A harmonic hand emitter with voice impacter set to high frequency that will cause them to vibrate into jelly with range width adjustments so I can take out 10 or 100 with one pull or call!!!!
UM SAYEN I LIKE THAT 1!!!

DUNE anyone

edit on 3/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysmo

Oh yeah Cataclysmo, nice plan, I like it!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
I notice that alot of people would use a gun, all that would do is attract more zombies though. thats why i like the Fire Axe.

I hear ya on that one, but I've seen alot of zombies movies....alot!! And although I agree the fire axe is one of the best melee weapons for the zombie apocalypse, you also want to make sure you stay alive. The axe would be to slow/clumsy in a swarm or run for your life type situation. My goal is to increase my chance for survival, which requires me to keep distance from the zombies, hence the importance of firearms.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would use the pause button on the remote control because TV is about the only place a Zombie Apocalypse is going to take place.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wicks

Nice!!! The shark suit and house with outward facing treadmills are my favorite ideas so far.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Remote control...
Surely if I'm seeing attacking zombies; the T.V.channel has been changed from discovery to the sc-fi channel...
"zombies; I understand they eat 'chure brayne!"".....

edit on 17-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join