It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's a PS3 SixAxis wireless controller.

You can do anything with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Of course I've always thought I wanted one of these sexy beasts....

I would like to see/hear one at full bore swinging them chains...the sound has to be horrifying...as the chains spin high rpm kinda whistling through the air.
You could set the height so that you dont beat the ground too zombies are not going to be like mines and need to beat dirt and tear up the tanks nice addition..less wear and tear...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My bodyguard

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80088dd95920.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
My bodyguard

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Gotta go h a .22 rifle with at least 20 10 round mags (or 20 rounders) with a suppresser of course cause after all there is a # ton of 22 ammo out there and it is light as # (and with good aim inside a hundred yards it will enter the brain cavity and bounce around for a while destroying the brain.

Wouldn't mind a good FN FAL or M1A with an ACOG scope on either of them (maybe a supresser on there).

Shotgun would probably be a saga or a remington (don't know much about shotguns) maybe a red jacket suprresed shotgun.

Pistol would be the colt .45 1911. Mabey a .38 revolver. Lots of magazines/speed loaders (with suppressors)

In close I'd use a Katana (good ones don't break) or a Gladious.

In the end weapon choice depends on the situation in which it will be used, but as others have said limiting us to just one is awfully cruel of you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
ruger 10/22 with a supressor, ten to twenty 50 rnd drums.red dot sight, and find some one that has one of the replacement parts for the action to make it fully auto
have gf/bf sittin there loadin mags with an xd-40, with home loads that have power minus the kick so yu can shoot fast and under control. or i would chill on a roof throwing molotov cocktails with gelled gasoline in them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Suppressors would only be necessary with certain types of zombies.

Oh, and dont shower, no deodorants, no cologne, no product.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
psssh, no way, then they will be abled to smell your bo, dead body smell is way difrent, and if worse comes to worse ill just fill a squirt gun up with '___' and squirt them down, they will be soo high
we will all be sittin round singin kumbiya in no time.hahaha,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

A wall.

They're zombies. All you have to do is avoid them and block their access to you. Come summer, they're just festering heaps on the ground. Or come winter, they're frozen solid, and I can hatchet a few on my way to collect firewood.

Your best use for all your ammo is to blow away the survivors who are coming to kill you for your stuff. In which case the "zombie" part is irrelevant and you just want whatever weapon is the best at taking another living person down. Which is pretty much just a matter of opinion, and pretty much based around which gun looks most badass when you show it off on the internet

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mindfreak21

Lol. Seriously though. Any predator can smell soaps, perfumes, anything like that way before BO. Even in the field, I can smell someone new come in after being out a few days.

Of course, cleanliness in a survival situation is also important. Make your own soap. If it has to be factory, use Ivory.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
true. now i need ya to convince my gf that
but im sure if they can detect the gun fire, our smell wont matter unless you are trying to bestealthy and quiet. hopefully thry are the slow ones from shaun of the dead that take like ten mins to move five feet, in that case ill just use a bat and wont wory about smell.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The blade in my avatar.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Cricket Bat. Duh.

waqar09.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I would use a modified whipper snipper with extended double sided blades.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
my mega-super-dooper-top-secret weapon #1...

(currently gagged, & locked up in a shark cage in my basement... so SHHHH, don't tell anyone...)

failing (& HE can't POSSibly fail) that...

my machete - heads WILL roll...

my long, pointy stick - oh look! blind zombies stumbling around...

my trusty, hoarded super-glue mountain - there shall NOT be gnashing of teeth...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Just be sure to pack batteries and earplugs.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
For the funnest weapon to kill Zombies with, I think a lot of people in this thread already mentioned most of the things I'd use.

For the most practical, most people have it dead wrong!

First off, AA12s and other auto shotguns with huge magazines may be fun, and powerful, but they are overkill for a zombie and that overkill comes with the price of added weight, lower ammunition carrying capability, more noise, recoil, and less comfort. 12ga shells are huge and heavy compared to many smaller types of ammo. Which means the number you can carry will be far far less than with anything else.

Blades and swords are a great backup weapon, but as a main zombie killing weapon it's a horrible idea. First of all you have to be close to them, which is a bad idea. Second of all, you need space to use them. Third, they take a lot of energy to use, which is not good if food is scarce and quality sleep is hard to get. And last, unless you are the most skilled swordsman on the planet, odds are you are going to get eaten real quick if you are trying to fight your way through more than a few zombies at a time. I personally feel there is no replacement for a good firearm in this type of situation.

Now, we have to figure out what type of zombies we are dealing with here. Three main types being the slow stupid zombies that need a headshot to kill, fast zombies that also need a headshot to kill, and fast zombies that can be killed by whatever would kill a regular human (such as in 28 days later)

For the first two, I would choose a .22, either a Ruger 10/22 or Remington 587. They are small, light, semi-automatic, accurate, 30rd magazines are available, and ammo is extremely light, small, and easy to "find" In addition to that, recoil is almost non existent, which means very quick follow up shots if you are dealing with more than one zombie or miss with the first shot. Power isn't a huge issue, as the only way to kill them is to damage the brain, so a .50 and a .22 will kill a zombie just as dead. And if you get a suppressed .22 it will be the quietest gun anyone will have.

At longer ranges a .22 will have trouble penetrating a skull, but if they are far enough away a .22 wont get through the skull, they are far enough away to not have to deal with them. In addition to zombie killin' a .22 is a great round for hunting small game to feed yourself.

Now, if they are the 3rd type of zombie mentioned, I'd go with my trusty AK. Powerful round that will take down a zombie with ease, high magazine capacity, semi-automatic, ammo that is easy to find, and can be used to take down larger game for feeding yourself. An Ak or other similar rifle might be a better idea for all situations, considering odds are you will have to fight off other armed humans, not just zombies, in which case a .22 wouldn't be the best idea.

I probably just took all the fun out of this thread, so to inject a bit back in I'll say I'd use a Forklift as a weapon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Surrounding my house with outward facing treadmills.

.....I should be fine!

I seen this somewhere and thought what a simply perfect plan it was. Ideal no?!

edit on 17-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Wedgies
yeah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join