It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have been working on a 50 cal co2 Gatling gun, hand cranked, the only thing that is keeping it from a working real model is the lack of funds for material. $2000, just for the gun $1500 for the mount and carriage. 10 brl drop feed 500 round lead post 5000psi tank, foot peddle pump, got the idea from an air rifle like this one www.quackenbushairguns.com... what do you all think worth a try and see or just keep it on paper, to be tossed or lost?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Absolutely have to go with a melee weapon for satifaction. 1 of my 3 battleaxes, or perhaps my claymore sword.

Yes, I understand it's inefficient and I'd probably get converted sooner or later, but I want to lop off some arms and legs first and play with my zombie kills!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a good crowbar would do the trick for me, coupled with some sort of long-range rifle

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ok i have no idea if this has been done before. if so i apologize. i was wondering what my fellow ATS'ers would have as their primary weapon in a zombie attack. i know mine would be the fireman's axe. nice reach with it. make a awesome tool too. plus the spike for 1 hit kills in the head.

The best weapon is strong legs. Really, your best bet in a zombie apocalypse is to get the hell away from them.

The people who tangle with them in melee will not survive...even if they make Rambo look like a cub scout. Why? Because, assuming it's contagious enough to make such a scenario, then all the blood splatter from your messy axes, crowbars, swords, etc. will eventually ensure YOU become one too.

Get out, get high up (though with an escape path) and out of reach, and stay supplied, and wait it out until they rot so much they no longer can walk.

The best way to actually take one out would be from a distance, and quietly (so you don't attract more). Such weapons take a LOT of skill though, to do a headshot, even on a shambling corpse, so again, best bet is to simply run away.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love this thread! Since most of best weaponry has already been mentioned, I'm going to choose a fully stocked sailboat with room for survivors. I bet they could walk in & under the water to get us, but they'd have to think to do that, and we wouldn't stay by the shore for long. Hopefully we wouldn't spread the zombie contagion to other shores, accidentally of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

The boat is good in the short term...but of course, then you've got to find places to land for gathering supplies.

Also, unless you leave early in the disaster, you can bet the marinas, etc. will be a madhouse of people trying to leave, swamping the boats, etc.

An island is great though...only have to deal with the infected indigenous, and any occasional "floaters" or "walkers" (assuming they are distasteful to the sea life...otherwise they're fish food). At least there, there's an "end" to the horde, and as long as the island provided sustenance, you're golden. Then, your only enemy is the other survivors with the same idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A Zombie is no match for my Judo chop

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
My strategy is to become King of the Zombies. That would make me immune to Zombie attack.

They will start to blame you,when they dont get every thing they want.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
crossbow with fire bolts. i'll probably use the terrain to my advantage. lay down paper, lantern oil, kerosine, dried bones, in a pattern so that when it draws zombies in i'll need one oil rag bolt, and an area large enough to funnel them into a large pit with fecal covered spikes so that they rot back to being soil. before putting spikes in you might want to put down a layer of lyme. in the movie 300 we see the strategy of the persoian army "supplying the mortar" for a wall. defending a large area against zombies is difficult, but with the mass scale application of guerrilla warfare and means of predicting the winds, and using that, you can wipe out zombies by the regiment (2.5 hundred- 5000) depending on your main objective. the one described just above was for defense of a hypothetical outpost with flat terrain, possible rolling hills, zombies don't get in at all costs. pits are a weapon against zombies,

link   

edit on 10-9-2011 by rockoperawriter because: extra post what happened?

link   

edit on 10-9-2011 by rockoperawriter because: extra 2 post what happened?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The new zombie killer is done
80's rambo knife
10 inch blade

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
my weapon of choice should a zombie apocalypse eventuate: Quarantine. I live in one of the most isolated places on earth, I can easily be somewhere where there are no others for 100s of miles. And should an EMP field take out the EFI in my ute, I still have my old Benz that has an old bosch K-Jet which has no electric bits to fry.

pfft the XB interceptor, rolling thru the dystopian wastelands in a V8 Mercedes... (na, id rather the XB)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drneville

i would recommend a ka bar over the rambo knife because of the serrated edge. a ka bar would go in and out of a zombie skull with no serration. i love the rambo movie knives though.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
the naginata is lightweight

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join