It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
why dont we just start taking the jaws off of the dead? ya know.. the old prevention is better than the cure method

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
okay here's a pair of pliers a steak knife and some KY jelly cause you're screwed. taking jaws off of zombies is similar to playing pattycake with a barrel of cobras. i think even though fire may be slow, it has it's advantages. has anybody seen "severed forest of the dead" ? a forest fire would have ended that movie a lot quicker with a few cans of gasoline leaking downhill towards a leaking high centered gas/propane/fireworks/black powder truck

edit on 12-5-2011 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Barrett XM109, Desert Eagle and twin blades. Fighting hard with my superior skillz...with a z

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
14x50 mobile home with six 20mm auto turrets with 1000 round capacity. on my person, i'll have a mini-14, two .45 double round capacity pistols, a katana, and a bayonet. and maybe some black powder. it opens holes

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selfsecurity
Duel maces.

No mate, the zombies will not be dueling with you , they want your brains...
Mind you if you had dual maces you might stand a chance.

For me, I choose a SMG

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
sawed off shotgun

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
MAGIKARP, I CHOOSE YOU!

Peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
in this case people have to be creative chainsaws weed whippers with saw blades squirt guns with gas in them (ps the plastic wont last too long )have bow and no arrows ?wet tightly rolled news print frozen then shaped and string tape or whatever around the end that contacts the bow string is a good one time use weapon. we need to learn from chineese kung fu movies W.O.O WEAPONS OF OPPORTUNITY!!! whatever is close and handy.a can of wasp spray works nicely in a pinch. look around everything can be a weapon you just have to figure out how to use it best to your advantage

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would have to say, my ancestors had it figured out;

Sparth

In the 13th century, variants on the Danish axe are seen. Described in English as a sparth (from the Old Norse sparðr)[16] or pale-axe,[17] the weapon featured a larger head with broader blade, the rearward part of the crescent sweeping up to contact (or even be attached to) the haft. Another development extended the forward part of the crescent.

In Ireland, this axe was known as a Sparr. Originating in either Western Scotland or Ireland, the sparr was widely used by the galloglass.[18] Although sometimes said to derive from the Irish for a joist or beam,[19] a more likely definition is as a variant of sparth.

I would use that as my primary weapon, and as a back up my secondary would have to be a;

Nodachi

A nodachi (野太刀:のだち?) is a large two-handed Japanese sword. Nodachi approximately translates to "field sword". However, some have suggested that the meaning of "nodachi" is roughly the same as ōdachi meaning "large/great sword".
They were an effective weapon against cavalry..

These would be my first choice of weapons. Of course any pole arm can be fabricated for emergency use.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First off a crossbow for long range silent kills
then a titanium spade to smack em on the head
and finnaly a hammer so i can be thor

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
two .45s a mini-14, a tommy gun, a b.a.r. with a two hundred round drum clip, m- 79 grenade launcher, moltolv cocktails

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
reply to post by GhostLancer

That...simply...is awesome. He'd simply WILL the zombies to die. Winning indeed!

My weapon of choice...flamethrower yeah!

The only thing worse than a zombie, is a zombie in flames.

mine would be a crossbow, reusable ammunition and silent. Or a bow.
edit on 20/7/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You could never go wrong with a Mi-24 Hind, 12.7mm rotary machinegun, assortment of 57mm and 80mm rockets, AT-6 anti-tank missiles...

If it would just be my arsenal at home it'd be a combination of my AK-47 in 5.56mm and a .40cal pistol on my hip.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Cool thread!

It would definitely depend on where I was located when the zombie rage began.

If I was located near my folks place, I would probably choose a bow & arrows + some sword or an axe.
Seeing as I would be living in a tree hut located up by some trees, just to make sure that they would not surprise me while sleeping. I would of course have the ladder, which would disable them from getting up to my little hide out!

I mainly choose a bow + arrow, due to the fact that you can make your own arrows and it is a silent way of killing some zombieEEZZ!
The sword or axe for secondary weaponry, because I would be able to build and chop down wood with the axe and kill swiftly with the sword!

If the zombies were attracted to sound, I would refrain from carrying a gun, since it makes a helluva noise (really? wow! we learn something new everyday!
) and it would be dependent on bullets.

Although it would be pretty neat to have a rifle with a muzzle / silencer on it and then just snipe those bastards!!!

If there was a zombie invasion, I would try to keep out of towns, cities and any other place where people would be. Stay in the forest and live off what mother nature has to offer!
edit on 25-7-2011 by grapeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

You could never go wrong with a Mi-24 Hind, 12.7mm rotary machinegun, assortment of 57mm and 80mm rockets, AT-6 anti-tank missiles...

If it would just be my arsenal at home it'd be a combination of my AK-47 in 5.56mm and a .40cal pistol on my hip.

Now that is a bad# looking chopper

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

completely agree to this... i think the mad cow zombies might act a bit like the crazy people in the movie with the same name, the crazies
www.imdb.com...

and yes i would have to go with a fireman's axe and something like the aa 12
edit on 25-7-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

on 2nd thought, and 2nd look, i do believe i would have a fireman's axe, but knowing energy would be extremely hard to come by, i think i would go with a kukri, a .50 cal for long distance, a .22 suppressor rifle for mid range, and a good old .357 mag on one hip and a dirty harry style .44 mag on the other... ooh i can't wait

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i like the idea of using a flail on a harley i have a flail and i hollowed out a watermelon in one swing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Silver Nanoparticles and Zombies A New Weapon?

What is it about silver that has long given rise to legends of its effectiveness against the supernatural? The simplest explanation is its untarnished gleam and reflective properties that many associate with the favor of various deities. In many legends especially those of vampires and werewolves this holy favor could be used to dispel supernatural creatures normally immune to mundane weapons.

Long before even a basic understanding of the microbial nature of infections and many diseases, silver was used as a protective container and in powdered or tinctured form was applied to wounds to prevent sepsis. In the early 1900s silver gained regulatory approval for use as an antimicrobial agent. Until the advent of antibiotics silver compounds were widely used by medical practitioners to treat a variety of diseases, wounds and infections. More recently wound dressings containing silver have again become important to fight antibiotic resistant microbes and are often used to treat burn victims.

Nanotechnology allows new methods of exploiting the biological properties of known antimicrobial compounds by manipulation of their sizes. Silver nanoparticles are being studied for their antimicrobial potential and are proving effective agents against some of the most difficult viruses to treat such as HIV-1, hepatitis B, respiratory syncytial virus, herpes simplex virus type 1 and monkeypox virus. Silver nanoparticle products are now used as part of clothing, food containers, wound dressings, ointments and implant coatings; some silver nanoparticle applications have received approval from FDA.

My proposal is aerosolized nanoparticles encapsulating silver carbene complexes (SCCs), a novel class of silver-based antimicrobials with broad-spectrum activity contained in a pressurized portable applicator similar to pepper spray. Possible uses suitable for testing include:

1 Decon Using this spray in a vehicle or structure contaminated with the Zombie virus could well provide a quick and effective means of sterilization.
2 Zombie Control It is possible that direct application of the silver nanoparticles to Zombies would quickly neutralize the virus’s ability to sustain the Zombie in an active state or even completely destroy the infected cells.
3 Wound Treatment Quickly treating any infected bites may delay or stop the process of zombification possibly allowing wound recovery.

In current understanding silver is not associated with Zombies however silver’s long and successful applications in both science and mythology indicate that it is a prime candidate for testing. New and novel approaches to long standing issues should not be overlooked for the sake of ineffective traditions.

current nano uses of silver source

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I dunno, a botox gun?

On a side note, is this fear of zombie apocalypse really that much in the minds of people today?? I'm gettin old lol...
edit on 2-9-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join