Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Psh, childish strategy. You never allow yourself to get so surrounded. Even then there are techniques for keeping enemies at bay and creating an opening. There is a weapon for every situation. This would be a prime situation for the Odachi (Sephiroth sword) people were mentioning. Up to 5 feet of blade is very helpful. They were sometimes (and similar swords) referred to as Zanbatou "Horse slaying blade" because they were known to take down a couple horses and the riders rider of the charging army in one swing.

As the horde advances, one large circular swing gives you some room to work, you can then create an opening if you're skilled. Then get to a narrow area so they are forced to come at you in ones and twos, switch to the shorter katana, or a mid sizer fire arm, rinse and repeat.

It occurred to me that zombies use sight, but more importantly smell to find you. A smoke bomb would be indispensable as it would cloud both senses. When surrounded you could use this and then the Odachi to hack and slash and make your escape!

You also need to realize that Zombies aren't too different from people. Just fearless, feeling little or no pain, relentless. But as for their damage, they don't tend to arm themselves. Many legitimate schools of Kenjutsu teach methods of fighting multiple opponents at once, and that's rational thinking, armed people.

Miyamoto Musashi himself took down 30 men at once, so I would count us sword swingers out yet.

I think this is why people on the internet don't realize I am a girl.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's love man.... I'm gonna kill me some zombies with love.

Cough cough. Necrophilia make me feel awkwaaaaard...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi

Lol that is just WRRRRROOOOOOONG... LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Great writhing Mother of Marduk! A zombie thread on page THIRTEEN? 'Tis an ill omen, I tell you!

I'm stocking up on coffee... and syringes to make darts from!

I might ought to polish my katana, too...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Great writhing Mother of Marduk! A zombie thread on page THIRTEEN? 'Tis an ill omen, I tell you!

LMAO ya im totally amazed that a zombie thread made it to page 13 too...I was amazed at page 5 honestly lol

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

For any apocalypse, a gas cartridge nail gun, the type that uses natural gas and a battery-powered igniter. High capacity magazine, semi-auto, legal, relatively cheap, and the ammo is also cheap and easy to carry in quantity. And they have plenty of power at short and medium range.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The zombie apocalypse is already here - just try to have an intelligent conversation with any American that watches several prime time shows on a regular basis and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420

Originally posted by nenothtu

LMAO ya im totally amazed that a zombie thread made it to page 13 too...I was amazed at page 5 honestly lol

Oh no, you misunderstand me - it's page THIRTEEN, a very unlucky number and a severely ill omen! The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us! Lock and load! Man the barricades! Bring on the coffee!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's STILL page 13! Quick keep posting so we can avert this ill omen!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
ketana and bible

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi

Is it technically Necrophelia to have sex with a zombie. They are the living dead, they do technically have a brain function. Thats why they die when you shoot them in the head.

As far as weapons, a .45 long barrel colt and a chainsaw hand.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ok maybe this will be the one to get us past the 13th page. Moving along lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Your thread's been here awhile. If your OP would have had more content. Just a couple paragraphs. I would have SnF'd for that reason alone. Got to be holding to standards. Short aswer . I'd fire up ma btch.

Always got to have back up.

What's happening in Japan seems to have breought this happening one step closer, if not two or three.
edit on 30-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The worlds greatest weapon for a Zombie Apocalypse.

I would show them My I.R.S. badge, and watch them run for the Hills. !!!

Zombies hate, hate, hate TAXES!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I had made a couple of previous replies.

Again after talking with some friends, I think I have found my choice.

I don't know if you would class this as a real weapon, but I think it would be the best way of defending yourself.

How about D I S T A N C E ???

If you can get a big headstart maybe you won't need to fight.
edit on 30-3-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ok there are 2 types of Zombies one fast one slow the fast ones move like a cat the slow ones are your stiff, ridged zombies they are easy to defeat just run, or take there head of, the cat ones, well they are more of a challenge to get aw ya from and kill for one they can climb walls with there nails, yes the finger nails and toe nails grow/ mutate in to claws think your safe in a car? Can you say can opener, and they have the strength of a grizzly bear, no the blood if it gets on you will change you in to a zombie. so this too adds to the dilemma of close contact, no sword or knife or any thing that would case a blood spray. head shot only for the fast ones 12 ga deer slug, 30cal or bigger, 44 mag and they hunt in packs so you better be quick on your aim, one shot one kill, no time for multiple rounds per one zombie. What to do if your bit or infected, best not to be but if you are , cut off the limb, seal the wound with fire or hot iron, if bit on neck or back send a round in to your eye socket or have your friend do it for you, sings of infection taste for raw meet, blood, the need to make a kill, the lack of pain, could to the touch, fear of fire, keen senses of smell, just a few of the symptoms of being a zombie, fast zombies are of the same symptoms, but with some differences, no fear of fire increased heart rate, can see far, and hearing is exceptional, can move really fast, rapid breathing, nails grow long and thick, skin turn's to a thick hide, loss of hair.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Shishkebab from fallout 3

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

I dont see the logic, sure an expert swordsman who had been trained from BIRTH to be a master could take down a massing horde. but really these people are what... maybe 1 in 1000? maybe 1 in 10,000? who are able to do that.

i dont think you can say the Odachi would be a great weapon because someone used it with amazing efficiency along time ago. thats like saying i could grab a pair of nunchakus and totally decimate a target because bruce lee was pretty good with them.

i mean a long sweaping sword is great for outdoor combat, what happens when your in a hallway? in a room? your weapon just became a spear and thats all.

2.5 foot blade > 5 foot blade in all regards

also if you get surprised you can pull a shortsword alot faster then you can a 2 handed behemoth. it just doesnt seem like it would be that great. shrug.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
ok there are 2 types of Zombies one fast one slow the fast ones move like a cat the slow ones are your stiff, ridged zombies they are easy to defeat just run, or take there head of, the cat ones, well they are more of a challenge to get aw ya from and kill for one they can climb walls with there nails, yes the finger nails and toe nails grow/ mutate in to claws think your safe in a car? Can you say can opener, and they have the strength of a grizzly bear, no the blood if it gets on you will change you in to a zombie. so this too adds to the dilemma of close contact, no sword or knife or any thing that would case a blood spray. head shot only for the fast ones 12 ga deer slug, 30cal or bigger, 44 mag and they hunt in packs so you better be quick on your aim, one shot one kill, no time for multiple rounds per one zombie. What to do if your bit or infected, best not to be but if you are , cut off the limb, seal the wound with fire or hot iron, if bit on neck or back send a round in to your eye socket or have your friend do it for you, sings of infection taste for raw meet, blood, the need to make a kill, the lack of pain, could to the touch, fear of fire, keen senses of smell, just a few of the symptoms of being a zombie, fast zombies are of the same symptoms, but with some differences, no fear of fire increased heart rate, can see far, and hearing is exceptional, can move really fast, rapid breathing, nails grow long and thick, skin turn's to a thick hide, loss of hair.

what you just described are not zombies. zombies cant climb walls or mutate into anything else. then they would not be zombies.

there are ONE kind of zombie, and their mobility / agility depends on their state of decomposition or lack there of - of body parts. zombies are humans. i would like to quote the zombie survival guide just because it seems like those are the most realistic zombies you are going to find.

Too often, the undead have been said to possess superhuman powers:
unusual strength, lightning speed, telepathy, etc. Stories range from
zombies flying through the air to their scaling vertical surfaces like spiders.
While these traits might make for fascinating drama, the individual
ghoul is far from a magical, omnipotent demon. Never forget that
the body of the undead is, for all practical purposes, human. What
changes do occur are in the way this new, reanimated body is used by
the now-infected brain. There is no way a zombie could fly unless the
human it used to be could fly. The same goes for projecting force
fields, telepottation, moving through solid objects, transforming into a
wolf, breathing fire, or a variety of other mystical talents amibuted to
the walking dead. Imagine the human body as a tool kit. The somnambulist
brain has those tools, and only those tools, at its disposal. It
cannot create new ones out of thin air.
edit on 3-4-2011 by epitaph.one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One crossbow, one long and one short katana, one magnum .357 ("last option")

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join