It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God trying to tell us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We have been told that God sends us messages.

Every time there is a catastrophe someone steps forward to tell us it is God chastising us for our indiscretions. The list is long so let's skip it. OK?

The most recent message from God according to some is the earthquake in Japan citing this or that reason.
There are even those who claim it is retribution for Pearl Harbor. though I'm pretty sure no one here holds with this idea.
Well, pretty sure anyway.

So here is a question I would like to ask to those who believe that God sends us messages in this manner.

With the meltdown now looking extremely serious, who do you believe God is pointing out as evil doers this time?
Or
Is it possible that God is telling us that we need to shut down the nuclear power plants NOW.
Could he be telling us that all those through the years who have worked to stop the proliferation of these plants are right?

Could He be telling us that all those liberal nut jobs in the 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s were right all along.

Might it be that those progressives who went to jail over and over for protesting at plants all over the country for the last 40 years are really heros, whose sacrifice should be held in the highest honor?

And my mother who at ninety and is STILL greatly upset because the first question she asked when these plants were first being considered was"what will they do with the waste" has never, never, never, been answered satisfactorily, and so is still as always vehemently opposed to them. Do you think that God might be on her side?

I personally do not believe that God works in this way at all and all I am really doing here is being rhetorical. All I am attempting here is to make the suggestion that even if He did, we would interpret however we wished.

Our interpretation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i think nuking hiroshima and nagasaki pretty much even's out pearl harbor by about a thousand times.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
God is trying to tell you to stop posting on his behalf he is tired of all theses god post and wishes they would stop lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Speaking of the radio active waste..... why don't we put it on a rocket and shoot it into space??????

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Although I do believe God would be on your grandmothers side, the side I too do take, I dont see him to blame. If it was desired by him I think his efforts would be more efficient. That being said it is somewhat miraculous that a full meltdown has yet to take place, especially when taking all previous evidence of the situation into consideration...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Who can say? I don't believe that a loving heavenly father would do things like this to punish people. I wouldn't kill my children for doing "bad things"! None of us would, hell there wouldn't be anyone left if we did...I think that in ancient times, any and everything that happened on this planet that the people couldn't explain, be it good or bad ,was attributed to "god". We understand that earth goes through cycles, we now understand what causes earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, eclipses, etc... thats my 2 coppers!
edit on 15-3-2011 by Greenize because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddyweiser

Buddy. Man what can I say? Maybe I was being TOO rhetorical.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Man sorry I am just tired of seeing all the god is saying post nothing personal to you no disrespect meant sorry if you thought i was attacking you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thanks for that Buddy. What my post was attempting was to point up some of the irrationality I believe to be present in the belief that God punishes to deliver messages to evil doers.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

My reaction was due to the video of the girl that was thanking god for the earthquake that hit Japan and say Atheist need to wake up her stupidity was so astounding I was well let's just say mad for a more calmer reference so again sorry

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think God is "saying" what he always say's "Take care of each other because I won't. Hey, thats why your Earth in the first place".

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread my friend.

Before I give my opinion, I think I should clarify some thoughts concerning God and our relationship to him.

God is the intelligent spirit behind all of this creation. God is within everything that you set your eyes on. The divine consciousness of God is the very foundation of our own consciousness. Around this consciousness we build ourselves, the ego. We didn't come into this world with the ego, it is something we learned to create to protect that vulnerable loving part of us deep within.

Once upon a time, mankind was close to this inner consciousness. We listened regularly to the soft whisper within and trusted it. However, we have drifted away from that practice and now rely on listening solely to our own constructs, the ego. We do this because we have been hurt through the systems of iniquity we have created. We have built a world of dog eat dog, thus we suppress our loving nature to survive.

This is not natural for mankind. We thrive on love. It is how we are designed and we must get back to that foundation or we will destroy ourselves.

Moses freed the slaves of egypt because they suffered so greatly that God called him forth to take them out of captivity. Moses gave the Jews the best law he could based on their current understanding of the world that would give them freedom and Love. This lasted for a time, but they eventually built up systems of iniquity around the ten commandments because they lost trust in God. They were taking baby steps. Instead of teaching the world their laws and ways, they coveted them, and added to them. Men within the ranks of Judea saw what was going on and they saw that they were drifting away from God. Since their eyes were wide open, they saw visions of what was to come. These are prophecies. Prophecies are God's way of reminding the people that he is always watching, always involved, and always caring. The fulfilment of prophecy is proof of God. So, prophecies were made about a messiah that would come redeem the Jews.

Christ came to correct that for the Jews. If they would have accepted him, they would have the freest society on earth and the most loving. Christ brought but one law, that was to love one another. Christ knew the world was not ready for this. He walked the earth with his eyes open. While he walked the earth, he fulfilled the prophecies of the old testament up to a point. However, the Jews did not accept him because his doctrine conflicted with the laws they created around the Ten Commandments. As long as they continue to reject Christ as their messiah and his law, the prophecies of the Old Testament will remain incomplete, and the Jews will continue to suffer. Christ was their savior, and still is when ever they decide to accept him.

Christ made prophecies as well. He prophesied about the coming of the Son of Man, his advocate and comforter of mankind. This person is supposed to come and remind the world of what Christ said. He will also be witness to great turmoil in the world. Why would the world believe this man without proof? Christ said the day of the coming of the Son of Man would be dreadful. Christ said the Son of Man would be rejected, and have a hard time convincing the world of Christ's truth. Why? Because as Christ prophesied, many would take his name and commit attrocities and distort his teachings. Regardless, Christ said he would come again, and he did. He comes from within, when you realise his truth is the truth and his way is the way, and his life is the life we all should lead. That is the second coming. This is why he warned not to trust anyone who comes claiming to be Christ. Christ is within you, just as God is within you.

Now the book of Revelation is further prophecy written so allegorically, that the prophecy isn't going to be understood until it is played out. Most of it already has been. The reason is because at the time it was written, Rome was suppressing Christianity. To directly name Emperor Nero within the prophecy would have been a death sentence to John (actual author unknown). Thus, he coded it in the number of the Beast. The beast is Rome, and it rules the earth to this day. It suffered a head wound with the fall of the Roman Empire, but survived when Rome usurped Christ's teachings and created the Catholic Church, a universal church taking the teachings of Christ, Judaism, and Roman Paganism and blending them together to make Catholicism. The Book of Revelation almost did not make it to the Bible because when the book was reviewed, it was seen as a threat to the new Roman Empire. It was included only because the allegory is so thick, most wouldn't understand it anyway.

So, read the prophecies of Christ, study Revelations, and even look at some prophecies from other parts of the world such as the Hopi, the Lakota, the Mayans, etc and watch what happens this year and next. These prophecies are being fulfilled as proof of a divine spirit watching us and guiding us, and most especially to remind us...

Love one another!!

Say good bye to the systems of iniquity, love one another, and be ready to step into the messianic age, the Age of Man.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 15-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OF COURSE HE'S BEEN TRYING TO TELL US!! HE'S BEEN TRYING TO GET OUR ATTENTION THAT JESUS IS COMING BACK!! READ REVELATIONS AND YOU WILL FIND THAT JESUS SAYS THESE DISASTERS ARE THE BIRTHPAINS BEFORE HE RETURNS!! IF YOU ARE NOT RIGHT WITH CHRIST ID SUGGEST YOU GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND REPENT BECAUSE HIS RETURN IS EVER NEAR!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I disagree with almost all of what you say but to each there own I wish you well .
second line

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I am just curious what is he coming back in a saucer shape or a cigar shape or or a bell shaped space ship just wondering lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

God sent us a message in His Son...
...He presented Him in human form and acted as God Himself would act...
...He proclaimed forgiveness, healed the sick, raised the dead...
...and the finest political and religious system crucified Him.

Jesus was the proclamation of what the heart of God was really like.

These troubles are not God telling us anything...
...they are just the fraying edges of a collapsing reality...
...that can not continue long without His input.

God is not doing it or even withdrawing from us...
...it is us who have withdrawn from Him.

edit on 15/3/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
I disagree with almost all of what you say but to each there own I wish you well .
second line

I know you disagree. It is prophesied that many would disagree with what I say.

All I ask, all I ever ask is to Watch.

My proof is in the world events. All this will unfold this year. So you do not need to watch for long.

While you are watching, it will help to open your heart and be loving to your fellow man.

Or, just watch.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Buddy. Yeah that video was scary. I left a post on that thread. If you would like to go find it I would appreciate you comments. I'd give you a thing to push but I don't know how yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are the third person to tell me they were here to help me it is weird may be I need help or may be I am seeing too much into it either way thanks.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Buddyweiser because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by Buddyweiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
These man made disasters are nothing compared to the havoc being wreaked upon the ionosphere, biosphere, and even the very lifeforce of our planet. Permanent damage to the fragile systems and balance holding Earth together. I wonder what Tesla would think, seeing the effects of his research being abused on a massive scale by corrupt elitists.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join