It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God trying to tell us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Knowledge speaks.

Wisdom listens.

Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

edit on 15-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Is it possible that God is telling us that we need to shut down the nuclear power plants NOW.
Could he be telling us that all those through the years who have worked to stop the proliferation of these plants are right?

Could He be telling us that all those liberal nut jobs in the 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s were right all along.

Might it be that those progressives who went to jail over and over for protesting at plants all over the country for the last 40 years are really heros, whose sacrifice should be held in the highest honor?

And my mother who at ninety and is STILL greatly upset because the first question she asked when these plants were first being considered was"what will they do with the waste" has never, never, never, been answered satisfactorily, and so is still as always vehemently opposed to them. Do you think that God might be on her side?

I personally do not believe that God works in this way at all and all I am really doing here is being rhetorical. All I am attempting here is to make the suggestion that even if He did, we would interpret however we wished.

Our interpretation.

I apologise for not addressing this later half of your post my friend. I sorta got lost in my long diatribe.

Anyway, my opinion is that God is not punishing us for being "evil". This isn't a liberal vs. conservative thing. It is simply a way of reminding Man of the correct motivations for what he does.

Nuclear technology is a gift from God. What have we done with it?

We have hoarded the technology from nations who could benefit from it, and put it to use in the most cost effective (not safest) way. We built the our world on personal gain, not social gain for the whole world. We have become a people who loves and Worships money, not each other and the world we have been gifted.

Through great cataclysms people will have to learn to work together for the good of all. We will have to learn to do what is right for all of us, not what benefits us individually the most.

The life we have in this flesh is not ours. The eternal spirit is God's. He gives it and he takes it away at his leisure. Death is only uncomfortable to those who do not realise the eternal nature of their being.

All these things have been forgotten. All these things are no longer believed. We fear death, we fear God, we fear each other.

This is merely a resetting of things back to the way they should be.

Not because I say so, but because that is how God intended it.

Once it is all said and done, what do we have to look forward to? Look up my friend! The stars await!

God has given us a huge back yard to play in. Mankind will never get there under the systems of iniquity we currently live under. We must raise all up, and bring a few down, that we all may reach the stars together.

That is the love of God. The never ending giver of great gifts...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

It could just be that the Earth is a rather unstable place,with"God" having nothing to do with this at all.

Could He be telling us that all those liberal nut jobs in the 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s were right all along.

If God exists,I think that we can rest assured that he is no damned liberal.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

?Hey dude! how do you know this is about to happen? If you believe in the book of revelations it states that no one will know the time of the rapture and he who claims to, is a false prophet. So if you are claiming you know this is happening soon, you are being a false prophet.

Also on a lighter note, you still haven't answered my question in your thread about which planet your from. You said does it really matter and I said yes it does to me. Now for you to not answer me means that you don't care that I do care.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So here is a question I would like to ask to those who believe that God sends us messages in this manner.
With the meltdown now looking extremely serious, who do you believe God is pointing out as evil doers this time?

It would have to be proven a for sure natural disaster and not nature minipulation from evols.

Or
Is it possible that God is telling us that we need to shut down the nuclear power plants NOW.

I think the been disagreed with those developments and--It would have to be proven a for sure natural disaster and not nature minipulation from evols.

Could he be telling us that all those through the years who have worked to stop the proliferation of these plants are right?

It would have to be proven a for sure natural disaster and not nature minipulation from evols.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It could just be majikz scientist of evol at play. Gods message may come from the STARZ more clear and to the point...

egassem
edit on 3/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
why dosent god just show up and tell everyone right out in the open. why is it only though profits or this faith or that faith. why does god have to be so hidden and cryptic when wanting people to know a message.

Its like the E.T. question why not make it a worldwide deal and not so much a hidden oh ,but a few can know the truth.

it just would seem like there would be a better way for god to tell a mass ammount of poeple a message or for E.T. to do the same .
edit on 18-3-2011 by JO-ET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
?Hey dude! how do you know this is about to happen? If you believe in the book of revelations it states that no one will know the time of the rapture and he who claims to, is a false prophet. So if you are claiming you know this is happening soon, you are being a false prophet.

I don't concern myself with the book of Revelation my friend. I could read the words in the book, or I can watch the story unfold in our world. I prefer to see the play, not read the book. It is more dramatic that way.

I never mentioned an exact time, secondly, this isn't mentioned in Revelations. It is mentioned by Christ himself here:

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

I tell you that summer is nigh!

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

You see, the coming of the Son of Man is what no one knows the day and hour.

Also, rapture isn't mentioned clearly anywhere in the Bible. It is a concept drawn from the last two lines of the scripture above. My thoughts on the rapture are on page 3 of the thread here:

Christ is the messiah

Also on a lighter note, you still haven't answered my question in your thread about which planet your from. You said does it really matter and I said yes it does to me. Now for you to not answer me means that you don't care that I do care.

If it matters to you, then I am from earth, a man just like you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
God is telling us. Everything that can be changed by human choice must be done first.
As long as you go participating in the system you want to change, you have not chosen the right things, in order for gods men to interfere

use of money(choice)
give away powers(choice

Until the Awakening has not reach a level that meets the images we have seen out of the middle east. No one is coming to help.

God is telling us

Wake up!!! After that everything is going to be oke( at least this is my hope
)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JO-ET
why dosent god just show up and tell everyone right out in the open. why is it only though profits or this faith or that faith. why does god have to be so hidden and cryptic when wanting people to know a message.

God is not hidden or cryptic my friend. God is everywhere and everything. Mankind does not see him because he marvels at the parts, and not the whole. His Prophets are those who see the whole.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 18-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry but i dont believe in god(any). If a supreme being had the power to create all around us do you not think if he wanted to tell us something he would not just do it? its like me trying to tell my wife something by burning down a building... doesnt make much sense does it? did it ever occur to any of you that maybe the recent events were just natural? and that they have been happening for millions of years? before there were even people on earth? who was he trying to get a message to then?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

If you don't read the revelations, why did you tell others too?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If you don't read the revelations, why did you tell others too?

Some believe without seeing...

Others must see to believe...

Revelations is for the former.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think God has a plan for all of us, but he did give us free will. Much like a parent might have plans for their children, but at a point, the child has to decide for themselves what they will do in life. I don't think he punishes entire populations for the decisions of a few. I do think He gives us the intelligence and insight to help and make things right.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We often confuse the Hand of Man with the Hand of GOD. GOD only has one Soul it is working on right now and that is our Mother! Mother Earth. We are just a "buzz" in his ear by way of our chatter, our expectancies, and our little problems; all mundane in his field of view.

However, there is someone crying out that is being answered and that is the Earth, can we not hear her too?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I know you disagree. It is prophesied that many would disagree with what I say.

One year starting from when?

And what marks the end, specifically? If you are claiming special knowledge because of your being the return of Jesus, give us specifics so we can confirm or deny your claim. Because I just want all of those whose ego has gotten hold of the enlightenment experience and wrapped themselves up in delusions of grandeur to come back to Earth and work with the rest of us, instead of playing the old ego game of "I am special."

I dont doubt you have had some enlightenment experience from some of the things you say. But you are not alone. There are many who have awakened and had some experience of God and been shown some level of truth.

Probably the most dangerous hurdle for the mystic is the ego grabbing the experience and claiming it for itself. Its not easy to realize you are God without your ego thinking that means you are special.

As for the OP, God is always trying to tell us. Always. There is constant communication going on between God and all of us. It is subtle, and many of us dont want to listen. How do we know our society is deviated from Gods will? We are unhappy, and it is floundering. God doesnt always speak to you in direct words, often you get feelings. But we are trying to cover those feelings up, with drugs, alcohol, entertainment, shopping, sex, anything we can. God is tell us, "not this" and we are sticking our fingers in our ears and saying "la la la Im not listening."

We need to learn to follow not other people, but the voice of God within us, what Jesus called the "spirit of truth." If you are taking mood altering drugs to cover up your feelings and emotions, you may find this very difficult. Yes, God is sending us unpleasant feelings right now, but this is not something to cover up. Its a sign that we need to move in a different direction. Keep moving in directions until you find one that doesnt feel bad if thats the best you can do. Move slowing in directions that feel less bad if that the best you can do.

Just my take. Humanity doesnt need a leader, we have one. We just need to learn how to listen.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Just my take. Humanity doesnt need a leader, we have one. We just need to learn how to listen.

I do not disagree with anything you say in your post my friend. You are absolutely correct. When I define God, I use the broadest definition I can manage, and yet even that infinite definition is imperfect because it is in words, and words are limits.

How one sees God is between them and God. To some he may be a whisper, to others, the flying spaghetti monster, and still others he does not exist. God reveals himself to all of us how HE chooses.

This is why his law is true. We must Love one another. That is all. If we do not love each and everyone of us, we will destroy each other because we are each here to perform God's will according to how he wants it done.

Hatred and anger comes from receiving hatred and anger.

Remember, Christ is King of Kings. Equal of Equals. Sovereign of Sovereigns.

I am King, and I hope you can recognise that and see that you too are King.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
sorry but i just dont get all this. your beliefs are based on a story, or bunch of short stories. im sure they are all very good, i have read a few myself but it didnt have the same sort of effect on me. there are too many flaws in the bible to make it a believable read, very basic ones too. i am not having a go at you, if you choose to believe then thats up to you, but please dont try and say that all the natural things that are happening are gods will, or his way of trying to tell us something, as it just doesnt make sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
sorry but i just dont get all this. your beliefs are based on a story, or bunch of short stories. im sure they are all very good, i have read a few myself but it didnt have the same sort of effect on me. there are too many flaws in the bible to make it a believable read, very basic ones too. i am not having a go at you, if you choose to believe then thats up to you, but please dont try and say that all the natural things that are happening are gods will, or his way of trying to tell us something, as it just doesnt make sense.

You have me all wrong my friend. I believe because I have seen. I had belief before I read the story. My acceptance of the story is confirmation that it conforms to my standards of belief.

One book is not the whole of my belief. You would have to watch me very carefully to see proof of this, but I have said often times that the Bible does not have exclusive rights to the Truth. My stance on the Bible is that Christ was the best living demonstration and testimony of the Truth. So good in fact, that many would not dare try to walk in his shoes.

The Quran is true as well, but for a specific people.

The Bhagavad Gita is true, again for a specific people.

The core of all these Books, and even oral traditions around the world is simple, Love one another.

Love is what brought people together into clans, then tribes, and eventually Nations.

Those things are the old way. Now we are becoming a world, one people, Man.

So we go back to the root of our traditions to find the truth that brought us together.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
dont get me wrong, i like the idea of everybody getting along, but as long as there are so many different religions thats never going to happen. the slightest variations in peoples view of the truth has caused way too many problems throughout history. do you mind if i ask what it is you have seen to make you such a strong believer? to me it is the same as people who have beliefs in ghosts and extra terrestrials etc. i believe that the universe is such a big place the chances of there being no other intelligent life out there at all is zero. however i personally have never seen any solid proof of this. same with ghosts, many people claim to have seen them, and i would like to think they are not just hallucinating but again, i have seen no solid proof myself. now we get to god, in whatever form, and again many people claim to have had visions, or experiences but i have seen no solid proof. in reality i could blame the current events going on all over the world on ghosts but that wouldnt make any sense now would it...... and please dont reply with " god is everything and everywhere" as this is simply not the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join