It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Tone it down already. Who are you to claim he doesn't care about the Japanese people? Do you have access to his financials? For all you know Silent Thunder may be a celebrity over there filming Red Cross PSAs asking for support in this time of crisis. You have no evidence whatsoever that he hasn't privately donated, time and/or money, generously. While I agree that a few of his remarks may seem a bit over-the-top at first; people react differently in times of crisis, and his response to detractors made complete sense.

Silent Thunder, stay safe and know that your posts in this thread were appreciated.

edit on 3/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Don't worry too much about it bro, haters are gonna hate no matter what you do, it will never be right with them.

I really hope you will return and keep us who are actually interested in a first hand account updated. S&F for your effort. Keep safe and be well.

Pssst do not feed the trolls!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

That's because most people are desensitized, numb and completely emotionally bankrupt.
They don't care about anyone unless it personally affects them. Plenty out there are going to attempt profiting off this tragedy. I'll speak my mind just as you have and just as he had. The news media and plenty of people on earth are completely emotionless to what has happened and that is disgusting! His life is not on the line as he claimed. He's not there for the tragedy. He said so himself that he was there before the earthquake.

Now the Federal Government are wanting all Americans to leave because of the radiation threat.

edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: edits~

edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Now the Federal Government are wanting all Americans to leave because of the radiation threat.

So are you saying the gov. is lying? You clearly just stated...

His life is not on the line as he claimed.

...so why add that last line of your post to directly contradict your prior sentiments?

He may well have been there before the quakes; however, you still have nothing but speculation regarding what he's done/donated privately in regards to his time/money since the quakes. You've made overtly damning accusations and claims, regarding Silent Thunder, as if they were facts when they're based on nothing more than speculation. Comments such as "You're full of crap" and "You don't care about the Japanese" are unproven and entirely uncalled for. Learn the difference between how to state an opinion, and making direct accusations/claims. If a thread upsets you, walk away from the keyboard and approach it later with a level head.

You don't have to like/agree with everything you read; however, varied sources and more information available to consider is not a bad thing, and whether you like it or not, you've burned a bridge providing access to non-msm on-the-ground photos and impressions regarding the situation in Japan.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Love from Arkansas! Keep the messages coming!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ah bummer..... It all went tits up

Oh well I'll add my plea to the others for ST to come back with more updates

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just wanted to say I appreciate your posts also. Dont stop just because we have members here that are not privy to how the real world works. People who can not see outside their simple little lives.

Please keep the reports coming.

NHK reporting that Japan detected high radiation levels 30 KM from site.

www3.nhk.or.jp...www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Thanks a lot dude, this forum had someone on the ground giving live updates and you just HAD to attack him didn't you?

Maybe his "approach" that you found so disgusting is how he is dealing with the shock of what he's been through? Maybe he didn't tell you all he's done for the Japanese people because quite truthfully, it's none of your **** business? Maybe he was trying to keep it light in these forums in the face of such devastating news?

You should have kept your comments to yourself.

I hope Silent Thunder comes back.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That's because most people are desensitized, numb and completely emotionally bankrupt.
They don't care about anyone unless it personally affects them. Plenty out there are going to attempt profiting off this tragedy. I'll speak my mind just as you have and just as he had. The news media and plenty of people on earth are completely emotionless to what has happened and that is disgusting! His life is not on the line as he claimed. He's not there for the tragedy. He said so himself that he was there before the earthquake.

Dear Soaringhawk,
I understand you are the culprit who chose to derail this thread. Sadly since ATS applies a freedom of speech policy you had your "right" to comment. However your choice to, and more specifically the manner in which you did, voice your views are deplorable. You are totally right, lots of people are totally desensitised, numb and completely emotionally bankrupt. One could use similar, although different terms to describe the venom you spewed forth upon the OPs posts. Your generalisation is one of the main issues here, you see things in black and white and decided the OP fell into your stereotype. You didn't even take the time to understand his motivation.

The chap came here, out of his own free will to update us and give us his views. Helpful, if somewhat at times flippant, views. I "got" his delivery, I understood it for what it was. We in the UK understand irony and sarcasm. We know what it is like to deal with disaster and be flippant about it, you obviously missed that life lesson somewhere along the lines. It is sad you chose to pick this thread though to be like this.

You have nothing but my, and it would seem a lot of other's, total disdain.

T
edit on 17-3-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not sure if everyone has seen this but here it is:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We know whats happening in Japan..

A HUGE COVER UP!!!

If I was in the way of deadly radiation
i'd be getting drunk and doing hookers also....

Its his money let him do what he wants..

If the OP doesn't come back nothing
we can do about it now!!!

EVACUATE JAPAN!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Now is not the time to point fingers and fight amongst ourselves people. We all know that Silent Thunder has much thicker skin then what has been displayed here in this thread. We all know better than to believe that one member who just registered in January of this year can unsettle the likes of Silent Thunder.

Yes, the situation on the ground there is probably a factor in the hasty response by our good friend Silent Thunder and our less experienced posters will not take everything into account when formulating a reply to such a well intentioned member as Silent Thunder. We too need to recognize all of this and encourage those posters who seem to be abrasive and destructive because of their inexperience. Try to exhort not exterminate.

Soaringhawk, we know you didn't mean to chase anyone away. You are in a place where you can express your thoughts and feelings and this is not only what is done here but it is encouraged. No one has any disdain for you because we know that there must be way bigger issues than you coming into play when the likes of Silent Thunder can be unsettled by anyone on these boards, experienced or not.

I suggest we lay off all of the negativity and wait for our good friend Silent Thunder to make a triumphant reappearance. Of which I am certain will blow us all away. We pray for our friend Silent Thunder's safety and eagerly await his return!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Everything I said applies to this thread, him, you and anyone else. It addresses humanity as a whole. I said his life was not in the same position because he's there freely and can leave if he so chooses.
I do not hate him and I don't want to continue this type of discussion further.

If he wants to share more, that's fine. Hey, it's his thread, not mine. It just struck me in a bad way with how he worded his post, how the media have behaved and how people here in the Usa and Australia have behaved about this. Plus I may possibly had lost an ex-gf in Sendai. I know people in Japan which are safe and I go to them for information. Plus Japanese message boards.
edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: needed to be

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
thanks Anmarie96 abovetopsecret.com... take a look at this vidoe from tokyo..would be nice to have some more info but due to morons, Silent Thunder has decided to stop posting from tokyo.....this guy is highly pissed off that there seems to be no more news in japan about the reactors?!? is that true..hey, Silent Thunder is over there right now i wonder...oh wait...................................................................................

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They don't care about anyone unless it personally affects them.

You must be talking about yourself. You can be as self-righteous as you want. It's obvious for all to see, but you and a couple of your emotionally bankrupt buddies killed this thread. We had a window of insight into what is happening in Tokyo and YOU stopped it up. YOU are responsible. YOU resorted to illogical ad hominem attacks totally by-passing the message he was sending. That is completely contemptible behavior.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It had nothing to do with being self righteous and doesn't now. Everything I said applies to this thread.
It addresses humanity as a whole. I said his life was not in the same position because he's there freely and can leave if he so chooses. I do not hate him and I don't want to continue this type of discussion further.

If he wants to share more, that's fine. It just struck me in a bad way with how he worded his post, how the media have behaved and how people here in the U.S.A and Australia have behaved about this. Plus I may possibly had lost an ex-gf in Sendai. I know people in Japan which are safe and I go to them for information. Plus Japanese message boards.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Konichiwa Silent thunder,
Glad you and your companion are alive and well. There is much I would like to say, but it was not I that was the victim, it was you and all who of the country in which you reside in, including all who have been taken so abrubtly and so violently in so little an instant. If anything, my condolences to those of whose sorrow and inner anguish seem to consume them. My wife's family is from Okinawa, so it is a little more heart-felt to her than it is to me. The world has viewed the immense devastation in which Japan faces. There is so much discussion, so much opinion to the events that are unfolding, like history has in the leaves of a book. On a worldwide perspective, I believe there will be many changes that the earth will go through, that we will be witness to. Just today, in both Vanuatu Fiji and Alaska USA, there were earthquakes, a 6.5 off Fiji's coast and a 4.1 off Alaska's. Minuscule to the 8.9 you faced, there are many quakes and tremors occuring alongside earths major fault lines. I didn't think I'd write this much, but most of my opinions relating to events of this matter, stem from several verses in the Bible. Particularly, Revelations 6:14-17. If you don't have a Bible, you can find access to the verses online. As those who have also wished you the best, I, a descendant of Ephraim, son of Joseph, who was sold into Egypt, do wish you the same also.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Everything I said applies to this thread, him, you and anyone else. It addresses humanity as a whole.

Going out on a limb, and assuming you're human... next time maybe you should just say that it's you who is "full of crap" and "doesn't care about the Japanese" instead of condemning others based on mere speculation. It was fully apparent that your comments were directly aimed at Silent Thunder; so to come back now and attempt to paint them as broad sweeping generalizations on humanity seems highly disingenuous.

Again, learn the difference between how to state an opinion, and making direct accusations/claims. If a thread upsets you, walk away from the keyboard and approach it later with a level head.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join