It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
been with this thread the whole time
very good silent thunder
calous attitude??? what?! so he doesnt need to be there and is had a drink....but guess what..he is spending money in japan and in this situation every little bit is gunna count. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? i for one have not done anything to help the japanse people. silent thunder, dont be disheartend by a few "arm chair" generals becuse thats all they do..keep thier arms on thier chairs.

and for those who havent been around for a while or dont actually look at alot of threads..ATS'ers do this often..go to areas, if they can, and see for themselves and give thier "2cents" and no i dont have any threads pertainiing to this saved..never thought i would need them.

good luck silentthunder

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Amazing, this guy is actually there experiencing this disaster first hand and kind enough to offer us updates, with pictures no less but since he's not experiencing the worst of it and appears to have money he's somehow not only not doing enough to help but his good fortune is somehow at the expense of those who are suffering. He's there we're not, I'd say he has every right to carry himself however he sees fit and I'd really like him to reconsider leaving this thread, some of us appreciate it. I love this place but God damn it sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach.

Be safe Silent Thunder

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm so sorry a few people on here have pushed you off this thread. I have several people in Japan that I'm following on Twitter, but your posts have been so heartfelt and interesting. I especially think that the one picture showing the moon was great as was your writing on the subject, well written prose, so poignant and beautiful. Please take care of yourself friend, I'll be thinking of you!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

Your life is NOT in as much danger as anyone else there. You can leave, the Japanese citizen's cannot. You paint this pretty picture when it's not a pretty picture at all. Over 11,000 people are dead. A few even died in Tokyo. But you just go right ahead and live it up with every other materialistic, self centered, rich fat cat that doesn't care about those people.

Wow. Lose perspective much?

Perhaps you should get off of this thread, as it clearly upsets you so. There are plenty of us that have enjoyed the photos and perspective and would appreciate it if silly people didn't needlessly offend the OP.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Your life is NOT in as much danger as anyone else there. You can leave, the Japanese citizen's cannot. You paint this pretty picture when it's not a pretty picture at all. Over 11,000 people are dead. A few even died in Tokyo. But you just go right ahead and live it up with every other materialistic, self centered, rich fat cat that doesn't care about those people.

You have no idea who I am, why I'm here, what I risk; what deeper feelings and experiences and motivations lie below surface attitudes. I'm guessing you have led a rather sheltered life.

I could go on to justify myself and explain further, but why bother? It's just a messageboard, right?

I wanted to keep a running commentary on ATS, including photos, but you know what? I don't have to take this kind of treatment from posters such as yourself on top of everything else I have to deal with right now.

Thread finished..

Logging out.

Woops, too late. Nice work soaringhawk - this thread and ATS appreciate your contributions...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seriously? When I saw this thread it was just what I had been looking for.. I've been eating it up. I don't know why people have to PICK at others. There is ALWAYS those people that ALWAYS have something negative to say.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i like this guy, Silent Thunder, already!

i always wanted to go to japan, and if the same thing happened, i'd likely take the same stance as silent thunder. i have in all the occasions that threatened my life before, and i never understood why, but hey, we all handle things differently...when the ish hits the fan, do you freeze or act? i'm sure hes contemplated his exodus, but that doesnt mean you don't enjoy the time while your there.

keep us updated with the goings on there, Mr thunder! wish you had a video camera! if i was there, i would've posted daily videos (not showing my mug though) of my time there and posted here.

thanks for giving us 1st hand reports!
edit on 17-3-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Tragedies occur, life goes on.
Beliefs are irrelevant to this^^statement. It is a fact.
This has been/is a tremendous disaster, and there is no disputing that. However that does not mean to lie down, roll over, give up, and die. Life will continue for most (sadly, not for all). Everyone on the planet cannot help by donating directly or by directly assisting in any sort of clean-up, or rebuilding. Nor can everyone in Japan.

Those that are continuing to live in a day to day manner, in Japan, are also helping quite a bit. It is important, and very much needed. In my opinion, it is also under appreciated due to a lack of realization. Eventually, the current events, will become only a part of the past. The sooner it gets to that point, the better off everyone will be, including the people of Japan.

( I am aware that there is an ongoing radiation threat, but I am speaking in general terms, and not in "what-if's")

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nooooo!

Silent thunder please come back!

Screw those idiots posting in here with there thumbs on the their nose... you dont have to justify anything.
You are doing an amazing job documenting what is going on in the area you are in.
I hope you continue with this thread, please!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Absolutely disgusting!!!!!!

We have an ATS member... on the ground at a major disaster... giving us his perspective on the situation, risking his neck. And all some people can do is pick silly arguments and turn the thread into a personal attack.

This makes no sense to me and shows how narcissistic some people are becoming. Instead of focussing on the bigger picture (which most of us on ATS are interested in) they try a pathetic attempt at character assassination in an attempt to elevate their own standing within the community. IT DOESNT WORK WITH ME!!

Dam it, ive known Thunder for a while now and he has always proven to be honest and from the heart.... Give the guy a break.... half of you (including me) would have crapped and run by now, leaving ATS with nothing but the mass media as the source of information!

To silent thunder...

You have my love and respect bro... Thanks for the thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ta for the updates silent thunder.. Do hope that you will reconsider and keep posting - was very helpful having info from someone actually there that wasnt a damn media puke.. But can understand your frustration with some of the individuals here.. Bakkero gaijin neh lmao dont let them get to you.. Raining like hell here all day but will make it downriver in time to get my flight..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
//Sarcasm
Well thank you very much people who drove silent thunder out of this thread
//End Sarcasm

It seems some people just don't want the truth, for whatever reason (they could be fear mongers, or government operatives trying to create chaos on ATS).

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hi there! Just want to wish you good luck. Please keep us informed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

It has nothing to do with fear mongering or being a government agent. Get your head out of the sand, unplug your ears and use the brain you have if you have any. The situation is serious & very real. As for those of you saying he's helping the economy by spending money.
There's plenty he could be spending his money on that would actually help them instead of wasting it away on booze and God knows what else. I wouldn't be surprised if he was seeing some girl while there too! Why not give to the Red Cross or Samaritans Purse?
He didn't show ONE OUNCE of sympathy, care or sadness at all in his post. You all act so cold, so emotionally bankrupt and it's disgusting. Just like people on the news were behaving after the attack's on 9-11-01. Are we really so desensitized because of all the movies we've seen? All the death, destruction, and gore? That's what happens when you watch that garbage. How would you feel if when we had our attack on freedom on 9-11-01 if people were living it up in NYC, drinking champagne and talking how wonderful it is?

You're full of crap and ran away only because I struck a nerve. You don't care about the Japanese. And for that I don't care why you're there because it's for your own desire. I just wish you would seriously examine yourself. I don't hate you, I'm not even mad at YOU personally. I have a problem with this state of mankind and it's disgusting. Do you not think what those suffering people feel to see you and people like you going about their day as if nothing is wrong?
edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

Rubbish
1. He was/is staying out of the way of trained rescue workers allowing them to do their jobs proper.
2. He was/is providing valuable information on the situation there - unlike some who sit on their useless arses whinging and nit-picking.
3. I dont give a damn if he gets drunk as a lord and entertains a harem of dancing girls - he was giving much needed information am on my way back to japan and will be there early next week I NEED ALL THE RELIABLE INFORMATION I CAN GET BEFOREHAND to better assist my fellow japanese once I arrive. And your idiocy just cut off a valuable source of information.. Thank you for your stupidity .. End of .. Good day.. Apologies to everyone else and to the mods.. Worried about relatives and friends who are unaccounted for yet and in no mood to deal with idiots so apologies to everyone else for my temper at present..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Note: Do NOT Remove staff action banners.

edit on 17/3/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How about refraining from attacking each other in this thread and staying focussed on the topic?

Thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Apologies.. Getting a cup of tea and calming down now.. Hoping that silent thunder will return with more information.. Thank you for the reminder.. Will mind my manners.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
[Mod Note]

I sincerely hope the OP returns as well. What happened in this thread is an excellent example of how attacking the messenger (while ignoring the message) is contrary to our fundamental goal of denying ignorance with civil discourse.

There is FAR too much of this negativity happening and it needs to stop.

[/Mod Note]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
[Mod Note]

I sincerely hope the OP returns as well. What happened in this thread is an excellent example of how attacking the messenger (while ignoring the message) is contrary to our fundamental goal of denying ignorance with civil discourse.

There is FAR too much of this negativity happening and it needs to stop.

[/Mod Note]

Agreed. Totally agreed. Please come back silent thunder.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join