It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awakening Has Begun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The story that I am about to tell you may be inconsequential to most of you, but it has had a profound effect on me over the last few weeks.

It all began with my wife's best friend. She has got to be the biggest skeptic of "alternative views" I have ever met. She completely trusts the msm and the government, and does not believe that tptb could ever have nefarious intentions. Needless to say, she is a sheep if there ever was one. Over the past few years I had refused to discuss current events with her as she would turn any issue into a tin-foil hat, alien invasion mockery of what we were talking about. So I would not talk about certain things when she was around.

Well a few weeks ago my wife and I invited her over for dinner, as we do quite often, and by chance my brother happened to be in the neighborhood so he had stopped by as well. My brother and I were talking about the economy, politics, and we were also finalizing our plans we had been working on for a SHTF scenario. When she came in the door we had stopped talking about it until she left the room. But she was listening to our conversation from around the corner and decided to pop in the kitchen to mock both of us in an arrogant and condescending fashion. We both blew it off and continued our conversation.

Not two days later she makes an unexpected stop by the house....to talk to me! She had a conversation with her boss earlier that day and apparently their talk scared the Jebus out of her. She is a government employee and her boss had told her that they may have to start shutting down certain parts of their department because of the economic issues surrounding the budget. She told me that she finally realized that if this happened on a larger scale, we could all be in some serious trouble. I agreed and tried to comfort her, as the shake-up at work had her flustered. Then she asked if she could get in on the plans that my brother and I had made for our families! Of course I agreed, but this was a shock to me. My worst critic and adversary had changed her tune over troubles at work. Take what you can get, I guess.

The next incident happened just this last weekend. My wife, her best friend and I had to go to a party to celebrate a birthday for one of her cousins. I decided not to drink, as I like to have my senses with me at all times, but everyone else had drank pretty heavily. Towards the end of the night, I had situated myself in the living room, and my wife’s friend had sat next to me. We had begun to discuss current events when the rest of the party decided to play some "rap star" game where we were talking. One of the unknown partiers had heard a bit of our conversation and made it a point to let the entire house know what we were talking about. Whilst he was mocking us, other people began to ask questions concerning current events and conspiracy theories. At first I was reluctant, as I did not know most of these people, but after I realized that almost all of them were drunk......I let loose!

I began to talk about 9/11, economic issues, the fake office of the president, CIA, NASA, blah blah. I would have made ATS proud as I released a fury of information onto these people. By the time I was done, the house had become very quiet and they were all listening to me. Their faces looked sober and curious. Question after question came at me and I was overwhelmed by the response I received. Not one derogatory remark came my way, not even from the guy who mocked me earlier.

It was almost as if I had told them things that they already knew, forgot about and I just reminded them. The very people I expected to ridicule me for such different views were hanging on every word I said. As I said before, this may not be very important to you, but I can see the people are waking from their slumber. One by one, they face their reality with clear vision, not muddled by propaganda and fear. Or maybe it's that people are finally beginning to understand their own mortality.

So thanks to ATS and its members for being a source of debate and information. After the last few weeks, I am sure that we are fighting the good fight. We may not win every battle, but we are showing the people that there is a war going on. The world is changing, as is it’s people. If we can continue what we do on ATS, I am sure that it will be for the better. Thanks for reading about my latest experiences, and I hope that many of you have similar stories. Please share.............

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thats awesome! Glad you had the guts to tell it like it is, at a party no less, and they respected you for it. I do think recent events have started awakening people to the idea that the world isnt they way they thought it was.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I all i have to say is Great Work! and keep it up!
Im working on my family and friends and theyre taking it in piece by piece, and a select few are on my level and help spread the word.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow, good job OP!
I definitely agree that more and more people are starting to wake up to what's going on around all of us. There are some people I know who, a couple of years ago, would have completely dismissed any "conspiracy theories" as total rubbish. Now, those same people are the ones coming to me with questions. I'm just glad to be able to spread truth to as many people as I can, as best as I can.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What an interesting story. I commend you. just last night me and my gf saw 2 UFO's, this spurred us into a 3 hour long conversation that ive not been able to really speak with her before. I could and she would listen, but never participated in the "lecture" and never seemed vested in what i was saying. People are waking up. Its my opinion that we have a collective conscious and some people pick up on it before others.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far.

I found that my biggest adversary has been my wife, in all seriousness. She was a "american Idol, life is just as it is on TV" type of person. Slowly she has begun to realize that all is not as it seems. I do what I can but I don't push it. Well, I pushed a little this weekend.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear that you got some positive responses and that people around you are beginning to "get a clue," OP. Here where I live, with all that's been going on in the world during the last week, peoples' priorities still seemed to remain focused on lining up for hours to purchase an iPad..

Is it just me?? I don't get it!! Sorry for the rant but I can't fathom the way that some people are still locked into what appears to be a consumer-centric, myopic, denial-based existence. Now, I'm not knocking the iPad. I'm sure it's wonderful, but come on!! Getting the latest version of a gadget is tops on the list?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TOPGUNPILOT

Hell this very very interesting... As I am a new member as well I cannot start a new thread on this too... but this is pretty gr8...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well done OP!

We need more people like you to help them be awake. A lot of us here on ATS are doing what we can to educate people.

I don't care anymore whether others want to make fun of me or not, in the long run I KNOW what's going on and if they want to come along for the ride, so be it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Way to spread the word. I've been trying to open the minds of those around me more recently, with various results. Just need to make them ask questions, that's the first step. Knowledge comes next. Way to not be part of the sheeple, keep up the good work.
S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Awesome! And I'm happy you were brave enough to let loose! I love when people call me out on such topics, so I can do the same to them.... A lot of people think it's all a joke and when you throw the facts at them, they shut right up....

S n F brave one!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I agree as more and more people start to realize the better... But to find out that the choices that we make might lead us to the end of the world is an inconvenient truth.

Here is some of my experiences.

As a child I had a lot of experiences where I boggled minds of many of my friends and family. When I was small I could tell the outcome of a live match, or an event that would occur. I even had this ability to hear what someone was going to say even before they actually said it. I did not know at that time that I was able to do these things but it came naturally. Like I was in a tuition, where the teacher was dictating an essay to us and we were supposed to write it. But a colleague of mine sitting next to me realized that I was writing ahead of the teacher's dictation, and was freaked by this. He told me that I was doing that after the class.
Another incidents have happened with me similar to this one like I picked up the phone before it rang, or I opened the door before the person rang the bell. or like I stood in a line where I knew I was going to be the lucky one,etc.

But with age these things disappeared but I still remember one story/dream/vision I saw during this time that I have been still trying to figure out. It has to do something with the end of the world but I don't know what I can do to avoid that ending...

edit on 15-3-2011 by sid1314 because: Spelling Mistake...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very good story!!!! I have been doing the same here with my family and trying to get these people around me to wake up and look at things the way they coming at us!!! But I have one problem on my side here is my mother is very religious about the bible and it always seems to come up at me from her when I start talking so then she thinks i'm arguing with her...... Any suggestions on how to get her to calm down and listen to my views for once????????

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by malicacid922002

Well my mom is also highly religious, but most of the time I seem to stumble upon something that is said in the religious scriptures about, but some times they fight with you bcos they think that your belief is wrong. But everyone believes in something different so, you just have to say that I believe in myself and the higher own self like as Christian's have Jesus Christ, or Indians have their gods, or many who have their spiritual guide, You have your higher self that you believe in and somewhere or someone or another will tell them the same thing that you were saying and then they will start believing you too....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have not figured out how to break that barrier yet. Faith is very powerful, as it should be, and its no easy task to break one's tunnel vision....religious or not. My suggestion is to keep talking about it and respect her religion at the same time. She will come to you if and when she is ready. In the meantime, if you find a way to effectively talk to a person of faith about these issues, let me know.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I definetly have some stuff to add here....

First Id like to state that I only started to wake up a few months ago, My whole life I have had a growing anti-government sentiment, But had mostly kept it to myself, Tried to stay aware of political status quo and mostly remain educated on which politician/power-monger was doing what. For years I mostly watched local news and CNN or MSNBC. I thought of myself as fairly educated in current events.... Boy was I wrong.

Last year in early November my EXBF handed me a book titled "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". It was so good I devoured it in 1 1/2 days. It left me wanting more. So I began searching the internet and ended up here, ATS, on the mothership of all conspiracy forums
I spent a lot of time digging, reading, learning and decided to join so I could be a part of what I will label a growing awareness movement.

Just in the last week I have had my own experience with people around me opening up about their own "govt-anti-trust"- Fist was a good friend of mine, We dont see eachother often but we talk on the phone at least a few hours every week. In the past when I start talking politics and conspiracy stuff she would change the subject in a not so subtle way or suddenly have to go... This week she has been hanging on every word I say, asking questions and even admitted to me that she thought I was little nuts about some stuff until she started to see it herself.
And the same with one of my boyfriends very good friends whom has always come off to me as a know-it-all, beer guzzling, red-neck huntin,fishin,truckin kinda guy ... (nothing wrong with any of that BTW) But him and I held what I will term the most amazing and awesome conversation I have had in a long time related to all things conspiracy as well as spiritual at the end of which he told me I had the most beautiful mind he had ever had the privilege of picking- coming from him It was the nicest compliment I have ever gotten, also makes me think he might not get out much, but that is neither here nor there...

Lastly, In my place of employment- I work at a little strip mall, right next door to a business that installs car stereos and starters- A bunch of young macho boys work over there- We dont talk much and dont always see eye to eye on issues such as what the shared thermostat should be set at and minor issues like that- But last week one of them came over to my shop and we had a very long conversation ATS style-

Lately I can feel the awareness growing, I see it on bumper stickers, buttons, and swear I can feel it in the air- Things are getting interesting~

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I have not figured out how to break that barrier yet. Faith is very powerful, as it should be, and its no easy task to break one's tunnel vision....religious or not. My suggestion is to keep talking about it and respect her religion at the same time. She will come to you if and when she is ready. In the meantime, if you find a way to effectively talk to a person of faith about these issues, let me know.

Thanks and If I ever am able to break that barrier, I would be happy to let you know, I would also like to add that i'm not deeming her religion as wrong or anything in that nature. I would have to say thanks to alll religions of the world cause if we didn't have them where would we be today! also i would like to add a thanks to sid1314

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my heart and mind, I feel like this has happened before. The predictions we have been given seem to be unfolding before our eyes. The "signs" we are seeing, a second sun and the blue spiral.
Does anyone feel like things are speeding up?
Maybe it's just me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join