It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There not all that bad.... Are they???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here at ATS there are numerous threads on shadow people, ghosts, demons etc. and the all tend to be malevolent and frighten the ones who encounter them. Im just curious if anyone here have had any encounters with benevolent entities... Any experiences, encounters, and thoughts very welcomed

I myself have had such an experience.... I was 6 years when my grandfather died....Typical....but the night he died i was spending the night with my cousing who, at the time was my best friend
. Anyway, it was appox. 9:30p.m. my aunt had gotten up turn off the television we had left on because we fell asleep. My aunt explained to me the next morning that i was talking in my sleep. She said i kept saying that it was "Ok grandpa" and "Ill be okay grandpa, you can go". The kicker is that he died at the hospital of a massive heart attack that excact same night at approx. 9:20 p.m. I dont remember the incident unfortunately, but beleive that my grandpa loved me so much he asked me for my permission if he could pass on. pretty deep.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Of course spirits aren't all bad! We just like to here about all our malevolent restless buddies!

About the same thing happened to me with both my grandmothers and my great-grandmother and my aunt when they passed away. When my maternal grandmother died, I was at drama class in like a trance like state and she kinda appeared to me and said to be good and take care of my pap. That kind of stuff. When my paternal grandmother died, I just had her voice in my head saying "don't worry about me, I'll be fine." When my aunt died, I just smelled her perfume very strongly and it was inside my house and no one in my house wears that kind of perfume. When my grandfather died last week, I had a dream the night before that he was with my grandmother at Disney World... they always wanted to go to Disney World, but then my grandmother got sick and they couldn't go.

Although, I could just be crazy since I'm relatively young and most of this and more happened within the past 4 years.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No. Not all spirits are bad. I was brought up in a very active old home on the beach. We co-existed quite nicely with them....there were several, to the point of having one comforted my mother with a gentle patting on her shoulder once when she was upset, and crying. It was a very unusual cohabitation for sure with many unusual happenings....but nothing negative, or "bad"

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I see "things" all the time, I would say almost if not every day. I have yet to be harmed or have anything negative happen.
I would like to know what it is that I am seeing. I see small black objects moving across the floor or were the wall and ceiling meet. They are ussually no bigger then 2 feet in size. Last night for example I saw what you would think was a large mouse in size moving across the floor. I ran over to it thinking I had a mouse in my house and it was gone.
Any ideas on what I am seeing, shadow people, or just loosing my mind

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know all of them arent 'bad' or 'evil', just curious about the experiences or encounters others have had with spirits, ghosts, etc. Some of them can be deep and emotional or just have a profound effect on some people.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I 'smell roses' quite often during prayer and in church. In the Catholic church, it is believed that Mary and the saints come with the 'odor of
sanctity' - that is, when they come from heaven they bring a little with
them and thus you smell roses. It's the only human equivalant we
have to describe it ... roses.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod8900

Here at ATS there are numerous threads on shadow people, ghosts, demons etc. and the all tend to be malevolent and frighten the ones who encounter them. Im just curious if anyone here have had any encounters with benevolent entities... Any experiences, encounters, and thoughts very welcomed.

...I know all of them arent 'bad' or 'evil', just curious about the experiences or encounters others have had with spirits, ghosts, etc. Some of them can be deep and emotional or just have a profound effect on some people.

I agree with a number of people in this thread that there are indeed benevolent people in the discarnate dimensions.

A well-known television psychic by the name of Sylvia Browne once said that only thirty percent of those on the Other Side are devoted to The Light. That means that seventy percent are self-serving and on a path away from The Light, toward eventual self-destruction -- as no one can exist eternally without God.

It stands to reason that if most people are common on this side, then most people on the Other Side are of common morality/spirituality as well.

In my experience with discarnate demonic attack over a period of many years and counseling people that have suffered from same, I think that Ms. Browne is probably understating it in her appraisal. *L*

If it were all that easy for spirits to manifest telekinetic feats of moving physical objects around, then objects would be floating and flying all around us basically all the time. To amend the lack of power that most people have because most are not spiritually focused, people in the discarnate dimensions form collectives.

So when a powerful demon attacks, it isn't really one person but a large group of primitive spirits that have combined their souls into a collective in order to be able to project the persona of one powerful demon.

But I have also had many experiences with people on the Other Side who are on a spiritual path and who are not part of any self-serving collective. These individualistic souls are rare indeed and it is well worth the effort to cultivate a relationship with them, for they can provide insight to things that are not to be found from most discarnate sources.

BTW, I have also come across what could be termed a "calling card" of many (predominating yellow energy) angel collectives: the smell of roses. Which is actually not so much a physical scent perceived through the nose as it is a telepathic impression of an aroma of roses.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Paul
any idea what it is that I am seeing?
thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by unamused
Paul
any idea what it is that I am seeing?
thanks

Clueless.

In order to do that, I would have to do what they term in the business, "open channeling," which allows basically anyone to come through. Not my cup of tea.

People that have large groups of spirits work through them are able to do parlor tricks like that. Like "The Amazing Kreskin" (who I saw in person) for example.

The individualistic group that grants me a Gift of Discernment is relatively small and highly specialized.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why are positive discarnate entities so rare? Living people seem so nice. It makes one wonder how negative and self-motivated people are inside, or how much they change during death.

Paul_Richard, I just voted for you

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake_
Why are positive discarnate entities so rare? Living people seem so nice. It makes one wonder how negative and self-motivated people are inside, or how much they change during death.

Paul_Richard, I just voted for you

Hi Jake,

Wow. My first official vote!

Thanks...

Everything, including soul growth and awareness, is all a matter of degree.

Spiritual growth is like lifting weights. You don't get there unless you apply yourself and it is not at all easy. However, with effort and experience you improve your 'god spark' within.

Most people are not genuinely interested (most only superficially at best) in spiritual development, serving others, living by The Golden Rule, etc. They are generally interested in the basic, carnal aspects of existence.

So when they cross over, they "hang out" with people of the same spiritual focus and usually wind up joining (uniting with) a group -- which is much more intimate than it is when you join a physical group; this serves to further stymie their growth because no one can truly develop spiritual discipline while being part of a group consciousness. But the feelings of belonging and telepathic unity are usually too tempting for most people and they just succumb to the Group Entity mindset.

Of the three kinds of discipline (physical, intellectual and spiritual), the last is the hardest to cultivate. But it is ultimately the most rewarding path and the one that The Original Creator was on before initiating The Big Bang.

Many people find a great deal of emotional satisfaction from writing a software program, building a car, a boat, a house, etc.

Could you imagine the emotional satisfaction He had after starting the Universe?

new topics

top topics

join