It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'll teach my kids that animals use violence to solve their social issues, and human beings are expected to use words. The fact is that little kid was a long way away from posing any real physical threat to Casey. Bully deserves a suspension, not to get royally #ed up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
wow, lol, and then some other duche comes in and some bigger gal stops him!!!

little prick is lucky he didn't get dropped on his head.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Bully deserves a suspension, not to get royally f***ed up.

Speaking as a student myself who's seen this sort of thing, the sad fact is that the punk wouldn't care less about a suspension, and would most likely joke about it with his little gang. Suspension just isn't a real deterrent to these people. Casey's reaction, on the other hand, gives the bully a stronger incentive to avoid messing with people
edit on 15/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
For some people, school days are the best in thier lives. Carefree, unworried by the burden of responsibility, of bread winning, of getting on with the slow march to the end of thier days, some children go on to cherish thier memories of school, the friends they made, and the achievements they rack up over the course of thier education, for the rest of thier lives.

For others, school is war. You dont have to go to an inner city school to see terrifying victimisation, violence, theft and harrassment, because these things can happen anywhere, as long as the school itself has the right mixture of apathetic senior staff, dangerous and thugish kids, and a system which prevents a person from defending themselves against harm.

From Primary education age onwards, I was subjected to physical and psychological abuse every day until I left Secondary education at the age of 16. I have been hit with fists, knees, feet, tables , chairs, had my head closed in a locker door, had javelins , shot, and discus thrown at me, had knives pulled on me three out of five days a week, suffered constant verbal abuse and was even shot at with a high powered automatic electric BB gun. For none of these things, did any student get expelled, suspended, or in any other way punished according to the severity of thier conduct.

When I had been in secondary education for 3 years, with all the violence that entailed, I had never once lifted a finger in response,save to deflect blows, and disarm those who held knives, because it had always gotten me in trouble when I had reacted in primary school. One morning, in a maths class, a kid named Ian, a fat thugish brute, turned in his chair and told me that my sister was a slag (anyone from Britain will understand the weight of that insult). He turned back to face the front of class, after delivering this pearl, and after three years of turning the other cheek, I just broke.

I stood up, and quietly moved round my desk, to stand behind Ian's chair. I reached around him and quickly snagged his tie, pulling it round so that the hanging part was behind him, and , putting my knee in his back, I locked my hands around the tie and pulled . The tie tightened up, and began to dig into the flesh of his neck, as other kids were trying to move me, and at one point the teacher tried to lever me off , smacking me in the face with a text book, trying to make me flinch and release my grip.

As it was, I only stopped choking him when his tie broke around his neck, snapping at the stitch point that cheap school ties tend to have about halfway down thier length. Ian was deep, deep purple, and gurgling and choking violently. He had been starved of oxygen for a minuite or so , but he was so unfit that it had a more devastating effect than it otherwise would have. I almost killed him.
If I had been allowed to react to threats immediately , and properly throughout my life, if the school system had supported those who defend themselves, rather than insisting that defense is merely retalliation, and is as bad as walking up and assaulting someone, then I would never have flipped that way.

I would have just let a mere verbal insult slide, knowing that if it went further I would be able to deal with it, without being marked as a villan. But the better part of a decade being abused without protection of any kind, or support from the schools system or the law, damaged my mind so thoroughly that when the straw that broke the back of my resolve landed, I couldnt control all the pent up RAGE that had been forced to sit in me all those years.

So strange though. Nothing was done to me, the school didnt want to know about the fact that someone had almost been killed on thier watch, they didnt put me in detention even. The place was a hell, that you had to walk into every morning, and pray that you got to leave at the end of the day. For any one who felt the same, or is going through this abismal type of school system, Casey is a hero, a bastion of a childs right to defend himself against assault , and a reminder to the unwary of the consequences of casual violence.
All Hail Casey!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There are hundreds of these bullying vids going around where the kids will single someone out and beat hell out of them. I remember the "werribee kings" that sexually assaulted a girl, pissed on her and set her hair on fire. They filmed it and sold dvds of it to other school kids.. when it hit a current affairs show they were even more proud of their achievements bcause they got on TV. They had no remourse at all. I can't post a link but google "The Teenage Kings of Werribee". These kind of kids are snuff movie makers in training yet society gives them slaps on the wrists and a councellor. There are also "rape vids" apparently.. sick as they are at least they are actually creating evidence for police to use against them in court room.

It really is a nice change to see these bullies attempts to become net infamous backfire in such a deservng way. There's no saving face after that.

edit on 15-3-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

ya but the little dick lost all cred.

once the nerd drew blood, all bets are off. i seen it first hand.

in high school and not 5th grade.

float like a Styrofoam cup, lol!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Well then, I hope your kid don't run into any thugs then lol. Words don't even sink into their puny little brains, and letting someone assault you is not noble, sorry. Sure if the kid was just running his mouth, then tossing him would have been overboard. When someone puts their hands on you, and repeatedly I might add, it tells you they don't plan on stopping. When does he fight back, after he actually gets hurt? That is a stupid idea, you are at a disadvantage if you wait too long. And how long until his buddies would have thought it was all fun and joined in the assault?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Casey was fully justified in his actions, and showed self-restraint before retaliating, even copping a punch straight to the head. It's great that he had the courage to stand up for his rights, rather than allow himself to forever be the victim. Good on him

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to this article/story, that is not a link to Facebook?
I can't read it. I am just wanting to verify what I have gathered. So scrawny punk didn't get in any trouble? and Casey (big kid) got 3 days suspension? is that correct?

I personally think Casey showed a great deal of self control. Yes it was a powerful slam, but that was all of it. Scrawny kid is lucky that is all he got. He could of easily landed right on his head (which looks like he was close). Also, Casey could of continued, but instead he stopped. He didn't kick him while he was down. Good job kid

Hard to judge completely though, with only being able to see less than a minute. It's really hard to tell how long this has been going on, or what all else preceded this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I agree Darce, it's much more evolved to abstain from violence. In my experience that's not always possible though. There is always that 1% of the time where you have no option but to resort to violence, sad but true.

If only we lived in that utopian society, free from arseholes that think it's ok to torment another human being.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Darce

Congratulations, if you let someone punch you like that, then you got problems.... Pussified world we live in when people hold the delusion that it is somehow honorable and admirable to let a thug beat on you rather than to defend yourself... I hope you don't pass that attitude to your kids, if you ever decide to have them...
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 05:29:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Pussified LMFAO that should be word of the week
that's gold,star for you

Casey FTW

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Cocky little #!
Got just what he deserved!
Bopping around like he is somekind of champion boxer!

Both my kids have had problems with bullies in the past and if it gets much worse,i may just have to show them this clip!
I dont like encouraging my kids to fight,but they do have to learn to stand their ground and defend themselves from scum like this!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't think there was even a chance of Casey getting hurt, and I think his reaction was rediculous. Self defense is for when you might get hurt, not annoyed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'm so confused. LOL Back when I was in school, it was the big kid that was the bully and the little scrawny kids that got picked on. Watching the video, that's where my mind was and I was thinking, where was the bully fail? Then I realized it was the other way around. I bet all this kid has to do is slightly jump towards any future bullies and they'll run. Kids are so cruel. I'm already seeing it today with my 1st graders.

My friends and I were walking home from school one winter day and the "bully" girls showed up behind us and started chasing us. (we were much smaller--these girls were giant). They caught my friend, slammed her down into the snow, which had a nice inch of hard crust on top of it, and broke her arm. This was about 25 years ago or so. Back then, your size dictated your place.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

correct!

no one (in power) knows how long this crap has been going on.

i can tell you this is not a one off between these two.

i was bullied but i had the biggest mofo on my side. he was 21! lol! in high school.linebacker on the football team.

6'5" 230?

dumb asses still tried to mess with me.

and it was STILL STRESSFULL!!

the only punches i threw, were at the teachers. they were worse than the kids.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

If you watch the full clip,you will notice he was punched TWICE in the face,and also to the body!
Retaliation justified in my opinion!
He did what he felt necessary to subdue his attacker!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

you watch your kid get a punch thrown at him.(and connect)

then come back and post. ok, tree hugger?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I think a group of people laughing and swearing at you are enough to make you a LITTLE more then annoyed. He was almost certainly filled with the mixed emotions of anger and fear. Add in another little douche who cheap shots you then continues to assault and harass you. Filled with adrenalin it became fight or flight, he stood his ground and he had a right to do so.

I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not that passive.
Go Casey

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Bullies must be dealt with swiftly and decisively. If left unchecked, they will keep coming back, each attack becoming more violent than the last. Walking away gives them a green light.

Here is a quote from Robert Heinlein, the author of Starship Troopers:

Anyone who clings to the historically untrue - and thoroughly immoral - doctrine 'that violence never settles anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom.

Held true then, and holds true now. Sometimes you must meet violence with violence.
edit on 15/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
People cannot just look the other way, its wrong. Theirs the bully, the bullied, and everyone else. Teach your kids to be kind and to not just stand by and do nothing if they see another kid being bullied.

That is a good value

'All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing' - Edmund Burke

edit on 15/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join