It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillard under fire from Assange (Wikileaks)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Australian PM Julia Gillard was ambushed on ABC show Q&A by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.
I think he just has the poops with her, for the lack of support he got from her and the Australian gov. but he posses some interesting questions.

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard found herself being cross-examined by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange when she appeared on the ABC's Q&A programme last night.

This was his question to the PM

Mr Assange asked Ms Gillard whether she had swapped information about Australian citizens, particularly those who work at WikiLeaks, with foreign powers

and.

He asked, if she had, whether the Australian people should consider charging her with treason.

her answer

"I honestly don't know what he's talking about," she said, adding that no-one in the US had asked her about Mr Assange.

"So I'm afraid I can't help him with a full and frank exchange about people who work with WikiLeaks. "to my knowledge it hasnt happened."

Interesting.......

taken from www.nzherald.co.nz...

found this on Q&A's website

Julian Assange asked: Prime Minister you just got back from Washington, but what Australian citizens want to know is which country do you represent? Do you represent Australians and will you fight for Australian interests? Because it's not the first time that you or a member of your cabinet has been into a US government building and exchanged information.

and a link to Q&A
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
heres the video
media.smh.com.au...

and just to get off topic on my own thread.
I dont believe in reptilians/lizard people, Julia Gillard does look like a lizard.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

haha, yeah, I watched this last night, I was going to make a thread on it too. It was unexpected and funny as hell. Assange is a god damn ninja, you never know when he will suddenly appear.

edit on 15-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In regards to that question, the US facility at pine gaps monitors all telecommunication here in Australia. So yes, information has been swapped about Australian citizens with a foreign power. While no reason has been given to the pubic for the removal of Prime Minister Gough Whitlam from office, this is one of the prime suspects over the establishment of this base.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here's a question for Jules ,
but what Australian citizens want to know is which country do you represent? Do you represent Australians and will you fight for Australian interests?

and another couple,
Are you the only one allowed to share info ?
So it's treason for her to share info with our allies,but it's ok for his organisation to share our allies info with the word ? sorta reeks of hypocrisy from were i sit in my lounge room,

I'm no fan of Gillard myself but at least she sort of won an election,I'm really surprised the ABC ambushed a Labour politician thou,Maybe she isn't far enough left for the ABC lefties,

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Who is Julian Assange and why is he important, and mostly why does anyone care?

Please no answers, it's a rhetorical question...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
In regards to that question, the US facility at pine gaps monitors all telecommunication here in Australia. So yes, information has been swapped about Australian citizens with a foreign power. While no reason has been given to the pubic for the removal of Prime Minister Gough Whitlam from office, this is one of the prime suspects over the establishment of this base.

No reason given for Gough getting the boot ,really? It's pretty common knowledge matey,

I. He won the 1974 election with a reduced majority. Subsequently, the Opposition, which controlled the Senate, was emboldened by government scandals and a flagging economy to challenge Whitlam. In late 1975, there was a weeks-long deadlock over the passage of appropriation bills, which was resolved by Kerr's dismissal of Whitlam and commissioning of Opposition leader Malcolm Fraser as caretaker Prime Minister. Labor lost the subsequent 1975 election in a landslide.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

And how many times has a parliament been in gridlock? Heaps, that is no reason for the governor general to step in and kick out the PM.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Sorry mate but she did not win an election. Couldnt get the majority and had to bribe the independants and greens who now have her by the balls. Her and her damn government are a complete joke. And then having the nerve to say that Australians voted for her BS carbon tax cause we voted her in BAH! I just wished something would surface of her talking to the US about assange now so it could be thrown back in her face.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Are you that naive you think this is so black and white?

This isn’t just about assange its about what he's asking and the higher implications.

Do not pretend it’s just about him by attempting to make this purely about him.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This was a perfect question because you know full well information has past.
The liar-in-charge cannot admit to it, but at the same time openly denying it would be a lie.
So, she chose the political answer

' I am not aware '
' I have not seen '
' I have no clue '

Just because she hasnt seen it, first hand, on her desk, in paper form.. doesnt say it doesnt exist..

What im fully expecting NOW from Assange is for him to show a document, a leak, a release that has her name / signature / approval on it in which it purely paints her as being in the know.

c'mon Julian, dont leave this as an open door.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Travlla

And how many times has a parliament been in gridlock? Heaps, that is no reason for the governor general to step in and kick out the PM.

Probably heaps of times,but a bill has to fail to pass the senate twice,sometimes the government drops the bill altogether or they change it a bit and the opposition passes it,

Remember a government is useless if it can't pass anything thru the senate,If the Australian people really wanted Whitlam the could have voted him back in at the election,Fraser was only a caretaker prime minister till the election was held,

here's some reading on double dissolution for you

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomstix

That's why i said "sorta won an election" and as i also said "I'm no fan "of the lying carbon taxing so and so,but just because i don't like her does not mean I'm a fan of Jules either,I would have been very happy to go back to the polls again and again till we had a majority government,i would also be more than happy to give preferential voting the boot as well,but at the end of the day minority governments and preferential voting are legal under our constitution,
damn i mentioned our constitution i feel so very American,LOL

I don't recall an election about Jules being the spokesman for Oz either,

edit on 15/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

This issue has been a topic of hot debate for a very long time. Kevin Rudd failed at getting his carbon trading scheme through parliament three times, it is only when he took on the miners with the super profit tax that he got kicked out, and that was from his own party with no governor general involved.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Travlla

This issue has been a topic of hot debate for a very long time. Kevin Rudd failed at getting his carbon trading scheme through parliament three times, it is only when he took on the miners with the super profit tax that he got kicked out, and that was from his own party with no governor general involved.

As far as i can find Rudd's ETS was knocked back once,quite happy to proved wrong thou,

The Federal Opposition is daring the Government to call a double dissolution election on an emissions trading scheme (ETS). Yesterday the Government announced that it was shelving the controversial scheme until at least 2013. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has previously described climate change as the "great moral challenge of our generation" but yesterday he said the former flagship policy was being mothballed because of the Opposition roadblock in the Senate and the lack of a breakthrough at last year's Copenhagen climate talks.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

This is getting off topic, believe what you want. I saw all the debates televised on question time during on ongoing sagas.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

True it is getting off topic,But as i said I'm happy to proved wrong on the Rudd thing,but for some reason you want to take your bat and ball and go home,funny that eh

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

I am just not in the mood spending an hour researching stuff for some one who is just in the mood to argue.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

A lot of politicians are of the lawyer ilk, they are really great at deflecting like that. Most people don't even notice it is a deflection :/

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
it seems as well that most people do not realise there are far too many women in politics. Gillard can not even talk properly. She smells bad and is a liar. She is also ugly and has a bad dress sense.

makes me ashamed to be australian.

Her party did apologise to the people , and they allow illegal boat people run around and complain so it must be all good right?

IP blocked for obvious reasons

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join