It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekTruthToSee

well that photo you posted is a basis
for an ongoing argument here on ATS
that it is a fake or a hoax. That same
pic was posted a few pages back I think
or maybe on another thread, not sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by meathed

rhetorical questions...they didn't really require an answer...

A2D

Sorry,
They dont call me meathed for nothing.
However, Im sure that there are some that are reading that dont realise or even know about,
Chernobyl or Three Mile Island, But im sure they know the lies of the USA gov and the recent BP disaster and the lies that are still being fed.

Peace and respect.
meathed

edit on 14-3-2011 by meathed because: IM really bad at spelling.

edit on 14-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekTruthToSee
Hello all; I just joined, after eavesdropping for several months, to get started finally, and put this out for people: I ran across this photo today, by (Australian Radiation Services) on the facebook page:"Wisdom Seeker". They (ARS) seem to have some insight as to our (US and Canada)'s predicament; showing possible scenarios of just one of 5 reactors. If (ARS) is right in this photo, Were in for much bigger trouble with multiple's melting and sending the radioactive clouds out for a long time; the levels of concentration will likely increase, making "SLIGHTLY" much worse for us.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by SeekTruthToSee because: I am making attempts to get the photo right, so it isn't a thumbnail in a new tab when clicked on. I think it'll work now.

DISCLAIMER: Australian Radiation Services is aware of information about radioactive contamination being spread from the Japanese nuclear reactor incident released under the ARS logo and name. We wish to be clear that this information has not originated from ARS and as such distance ourselves from any such misinformation.

Australian Radiation Service

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

...well, ok, I was wondering what the hoax was, never saw anything pointing to it. Sorry if I added to the confusion, but I wonder about it (hoax), any info as to why it is looked at as a hoax? We all already know that America isn't going to provide any thing like it to us till it would be too late... Things have changed rapidly all over the world, some still care, who have valuable information tools at their fingertips... BTW, I edited so it wasn't a thumb nail anymore...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
US Navy confirms that 17 airman are being treated for radiation poisoning after flying through a radio active plume

UPDATE: 10:24p.m. PST 3-14-2011
US Navy confirms that 17 airman are being treated for radiation poisoning after flying through a radio active plume. Cmdr. Jeff A. Davis, a spokesman for the American Seventh Fleet in Japan also confirmed the USS Regan’s on-board sensors indicated that the carrier had also been exposed to radiation.

OK now we have confirmed cases of radiation poisoning, which means that the exposure is actually 100-200 rems!!!

The Navy Said it. Wiki defined it: A radio active plume has been released which is potent enough to induce radiation poisoning which is defined as being exposed to at least 100rems.... which is 277 years worth of normal background radiation within just a few hours! Please someone who knows radiation please check my maths.

Wiki says Radiation Poisoning occurs beginning at 100 rems which is the equivalent of (1Sv).
Normal Radiation exposure is 360millirems per year... now the sailors have been exposed to 100 rems at least so... 100 / 0.36 = 277.7777 years worth of normal radiation within a few hours. seems right.... unfortunately.
edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: did the maths again

your update is pure fearmongering from a fearmongering site offgridsurvival.com...

there is no radiation poisoning and they washed traces of radiation with soap and water

here is the statement from the navy site

By U.S. 7th Fleet Public Affiars

USS BLUE RIDGE (LCC 19) - At Sea (NNS) -- The U.S. 7th Fleet has temporarily repositioned its ships and aircraft away from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant after detecting low level contamination in the air and on its aircraft operating in the area. The source of this airborne radioactivity is a radioactive plume released from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant.
For perspective, the maximum potential radiation dose received by any ship's force personnel aboard the ship when it passed through the area was less than the radiation exposure received from about one month of exposure to natural background radiation from sources such as rocks, soil, and the sun.
The ship was operating at sea about 100 miles northeast of the power plant at the time.
Using sensitive instruments, precautionary measurements of three helicopter aircrews returning to USS Ronald Reagan after conducting disaster relief missions near Sendai identified low levels of radioactivity on 17 air crew members. The low level radioactivity was easily removed from affected personnel by washing with soap and water. They were subsequently surveyed, and no further contamination was detected.
As a precautionary measure, USS Ronald Reagan and other U.S. 7th Fleet ships conducting disaster response operations in the area have moved out of the downwind direction from the site to assess the situation and determine what appropriate mitigating actions are necessary.
We remain committed to our mission of providing assistance to the people of Japan.

deny fear/ignorance
edit on 14-3-2011 by aboveATS because: denying fear/ignorance

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good morning everyone

Recently I went back in the military here on Ft. Lewis and im also a contractor and havent heard anything about the cloud coming to the us. However....
if you realy are worried and need more proof here are some things to look at over the next few days..

Current Jet stream

West Cost not at risk

Fear of spreading - CNN NEWS VIDEO

i really dont see much to worry about. If the gov posts sompthing or tells us ill keep you all informed. However if your that woried.... take your pills
dont go to sleep
and keep wastin the money and hard drive space of ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

Ok, yes. Thank you for the clarify on the photo, disclaimer. It does seem to indicate a defense from its use, being that it is not claimed by ARS as theirs. Sometimes things aren't always seen by eyes that see...Thanks again... G-night all.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasoutlaw
Good morning everyone

Recently I went back in the military here on Ft. Lewis and im also a contractor and havent heard anything about the cloud coming to the us. However....
if you realy are worried and need more proof here are some things to look at over the next few days..

Current Jet stream

West Cost not at risk

Fear of spreading - CNN NEWS VIDEO

i really dont see much to worry about. If the gov posts sompthing or tells us ill keep you all informed. However if your that woried.... take your pills
dont go to sleep
and keep wastin the money and hard drive space of ATS.

Right.

Just trust your government to tell you the truth. Sure. We can always trust our government to keep us up to date and informed. NOT

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Right. Just trust your government to tell you the truth. Sure. We can always trust our government to keep us up to date and informed. NOT

I never trust the governemt. only the ones that tip me off befor things happen

I know to much and some things i shouldent know. Keep watching the days to come....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
oops, again, my apologies...
peace
edit on 14-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aboveATS

Soap and water cannot wash radioactive material off ones body.
It might help to delay the effects of radiation poisioning. But soap and water is by no means a cure for radiation poisoning.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Kyodo news are reporting fully exposed fuel rods in number 1 plant.

* FLASH: Fuel rods at No. 2 reactor of Fukushima No. 1 nuke plant fully exposed (19:58) * BREAKING NEWS: Fuel rods at No. 2 reactor of Fukushima No. 1 nuke plant partially exposed (19:39)

source

Im not really sure what that means but thought it worth reporting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

170,000 evacuated for fears of radioactive contamination

source

As Japan's nuclear crisis continues to intensify authorities are racing against time to combat the threats of multiple reactor meltdowns. More than 170,000 people have been evacuated from the country's quake-and- tsumani hit northeast, on Sunday, for fears of radioactive contamination.

The article is rife with contradictions. Choose the truth you want to hear...

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

It's what I'm hearing here also...

YokosoNews

His 'translations' are debatable, but, all I've got at the moment...

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Kyodo news are reporting fully exposed fuel rods in number 1 plant.

* FLASH: Fuel rods at No. 2 reactor of Fukushima No. 1 nuke plant fully exposed (19:58) * BREAKING NEWS: Fuel rods at No. 2 reactor of Fukushima No. 1 nuke plant partially exposed (19:39)

source

Im not really sure what that means but thought it worth reporting.

Sky news are saying Jiji news agency are reporting this too.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

It might help to delay the effects of radiation poisioning. But soap and water is by no means a cure for radiation poisoning.

there is no radiation poisoning mentioned in navy's report, u gotta learn to read and then respond

www.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I'm getting the same thing now on the live broadcast.

YokosoNews

The translator is falling behind now - just be patient.

Edit to Add: (reporting what I'm hearing on above link)

They're calling for a more ''serious' approach to be taken at this time.'

'No comments should be made to equate these kinds of radiation with X-rays.' 'These kind of comments should be made with great caution.'

peace
edit on 14-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Clicking on the links there leads to real news saying that nothing will happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

www.radiationnetwork.com

Live feeds of geiger counters across the US.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveATS

Originally posted by meathed

there is no radiation poisoning mentioned in navy's report, u gotta learn to read and then respond

www.navy.mil...

I did thanks.
Yes according to you and the navy that good old soap and water can wash away any and all traces of radioactive fallout.
Well good for you for believing yet more lies.
Unless your government has invented a new soap that can instantly remove radiation then your wrong.
Can you link me to a source that says simple soap and water and a simple belief in your government can wash away all traces of radiation fallout?

Ps . Can you get the gov to hand out their Special soap to all the people about to be affected by this radiation,
then we wont have to lose lives, no future births will be deformed, people wont get cancer from` this and the world be instantly cured with a quick spray with your magic soap.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join