It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catholic.org states Virgin Mary warned Japan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
1. Make a vague prediction about a looming disaster.

2. Wait almost 40 years.

3. Something bad happens "nearby".

4. Prediction fulfilled.

Not too difficult a trick, really.

Now we're getting somewhere.
Going off the premise of steps one through four, quoted above,
the issue becomes, who is playing us? God, or Man?
If man, how does one fake a miracle of weeping tears.

Perhaps the old ninja trick of dripping a liquid down a string from up in the rafters.
Say, don't ninjas come from ... Japan?

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
If only catholic.org warned all the innocent children molested
by *da holy1's*

Wow,
run with the lynch mob much?

Just because the main stream media refuses to report it,
does not mean that the pope has not been travelling the world speaking out
against the sexual abuses commited by priests.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

It seems whenever one mentions the RCC the lynch mob will quickly descend.

Anyway, I've been highly interested in Marian apparitions since childhood, almost obsessive actually....hmmm maybe there's a 12 step for me.

I don't know that the apparition of Our Lady of Akita foretold of this disaster, I'll give you that the location of destruction is curious. But why hasn't Fatima been the victim of horrific disaster?

Also, I believe that the Virgin was speaking globally, that the world will face these horrible "disasters" or chastisements and all of us will either die or suffer.

I am in no way trying to belittle the horror that Japan is facing, but from what the news is reporting the number of deaths is far below what we would expect in this situation. I think that if God had sent the earthquake and tsunami, no amount of earthquake preparedness will save us.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I am in no way trying to belittle the horror that Japan is facing, but from what the news is reporting the number of deaths is far below what we would expect in this situation. I think that if God had sent the earthquake and tsunami, no amount of earthquake preparedness will save us.

Unless this is just the sound of the trigger being pulled,
and the chain reaction is just starting.

Focusing on the man-made version
the main thing elluding us is motive.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is a theory on how the Tsunami could have been man made that I made in another thread.

Originally posted by avingard

What weapons, exactly? It seems to me that you need to show that an earthquake can be planned before you suggest that the Japan earthquake was planned.

The only thing I've heard is that a nuke alone isn't enough to set off a big Tsunami.

But with the addition of magnetohydrodynamics it is.

Hannes Alfvén did experiments where the behaviour of waves in a water tank were studied.

Turns out that waves on the surface have little effect on the entire column of water,
and the sediment on the bottom was hardly stired up at all even with strong waves.

But, if a current is applied to the water,
then the force of the wave travels through the entire column and the sediment is stirred up.
The same would work in reverse for an explosion under the water.
If one runs a current through the water the force is greatly multiplied.

Here is an example of a home experiment one can conduct to create a whirlpool in a cup.

ehow.com: how to make a whirlpool in a cup
ehow.com: how to make a whirlpool in a cup

David Grouchy

... say ... wasn't there a strange whirlpool seen after the event?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ugh the church is getting desperate... must be because so many of its followers have left because of the shame and illegal practices... i know i did. i can't believe i was following a pagan religion for long masquerading as monotheistic.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Now we're getting somewhere.
Going off the premise of steps one through four, quoted above,
the issue becomes, who is playing us? God, or Man?
If man, how does one fake a miracle of weeping tears.

Perhaps the old ninja trick of dripping a liquid down a string from up in the rafters.
Say, don't ninjas come from ... Japan?

David Grouchy

Even if this phenomenon were genuine - and maybe it was - similar events are also common in Hinduism.

I have no doubt that Roman Catholics have visions and make prophecies and predictions, I have no wish to deny their religious experiences. But such experiences occur among members of all the world's religions, none has a monopoly on these things. It is the interpretation that is put on them that I would argue with, and the use that they are put to. I expect, the Roman Catholic Church being the creature that it is, that all prophecies and visions have first to be submitted for approval to the church hierarchy as suitably in accord with its teachings before they is allowed to be given the light of day. If not in accord, then naturally, they might be the whisperings of devils!
Part of this process would see them edited and made consistent with other prophecies and visions that have been in its hands. I believe that this is why those predictions that emanate from the body of the Catholic Church all sound so similar, it is also why, of all prophecies from around the world, they seem to me to be the least credible - they are edited and approved by the church, they do not reflect the diversity of human experience and culture that is seen in other such material - they are basically turned into a propaganda tool for its self-promotion.

peace
J

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I've heard that one too. Never believed it though. Seriously it's not anywhere in the bible, it's pure hearsay. Find a digital version and do a search. The string "all loving" is no where to be found in any book, weather cannonical or apocryphal.

Now I know that Catholicism has its own rules about calling a man your father, the Bible says not to, and vain repetitious prayers and all that. I believe they believe that the catechism is the inspired word of God as well. I don't know. Anyway here is the verse about vain repetitions.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Here are a couple of verses that refer to God as being love and peace. So this is why I would question an apparition that tells us the opposite. Now if the Pope supports what this apparition is saying and says that it is worth listening to, then more power to him. Let him go nuts, I believe it will be a short trip for him.

1John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

2Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Now those videos of the Pope in Rome doing mass and all that is great. I wonder how much gold the Vatican has? Probably enough to rebuild Japan, Haiti and Chile. Now with the kind of influence that the Pope has, I wonder why he wouldn't call for a world press conference and get everyone on the same page as far as the wars go?

Why wouldn't he try to unite the three major faiths that all come from the same place? I'm sure you can find literature that was written on this very thing by him, but why not bring it front and center. Call out the leaders of countries and present them with the truth that God doesn't want us killing each other over him and we all need to do something about it.

I don't know, maybe I expect too much from the guy who is supposed to be protecting the sheep? You know what verse I'm referring to and that commandment was supposedly handed down from the first Pope to the next, to the next and so on. Strange that they seem to have forgotten that one.

catholic.org states Virgin Mary warned Japan

The implication being that they were warned and they just didn't listen and so it was their own fault. Real nice people that printed that one.

edit on 14-3-2011 by jackflap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Having studied many accounts of near death experiences, if there is a number one message that people come back with - it's all about love!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great reply David Grouchy!

to the non believers or , more accurately, the ignorant, or uninformed,

Here is info on how Catholics understand and respond to eschatalogical prophesy and apparitions:

1. These prophesies and apparitions are, general speaking, approved or unapproved by the Church.

2. Approved apparitions and or prophesies must adhere to the precepts of the Church and have information that will help those who listen to them, spiritually.

3. Most Importantly- They Are Not Doctrine! A Catholic may study them and believe them, study them and disregard them or ignore them completely.

4. Catholics who do pay attention to these messages do so in a effort to inform their prayer life and to help them be better people...as would be the case for anyone thinking of the worst case scenario, we want to be prepared physically and spiritually at all times.

5. We do not look for these to b e proven all at once...like a gotcha moment....in my humble opinion this prophesy(and others) started to come true during the Indonesian Earthquake, Katrina and now Japan. Just like hundreds of other people here on ATS I see these occurrences as the birth pangs of a new age that is coming. The only difference is I have the luxury of messages from Saints and Mary to help me. If I had said I had messages from Aliens I would have a much more positive response than this. Catholicism is flamed here because it is misunderstood,deeply.

Dear Mods thank you so much for cleaning this thread up of all the inflammatory anti Catholic rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

These prophesies and apparitions are, general speaking, approved or unapproved by the Church.

So the Church approves of this message that foretold of horrible judgment if people don't repent and better themselves because God needed to be consoled to soften His anger?

"Many men in this world afflict the Lord. I desire souls to console Him to soften the anger of the Heavenly Father. I wish, with my Son, for souls who will repair by their suffering and their poverty for the sinners and ingrates."

en.wikipedia.org...

Now I believe that Catholicism lists the seven deadly sins as such. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Envy, Anger, Pride, Sloth.

www.catholicbible101.com...

Anger is on that list. Now look at what the apparition said in the above external content. I'll post it below this just for ease of review.

"Many men in this world afflict the Lord. I desire souls to console Him to soften the anger of the Heavenly Father. I wish, with my Son, for souls who will repair by their suffering and their poverty for the sinners and ingrates."

Now I'm not making that up. That is what supposedly went down. It is absolutely impossible to live up to any kind of standard that this apparition lays out for the gullible. Man is going to be man, we know this. When calamity strikes the faithful look to things like this and tell everyone that they had been warned. Oh my, that's like telling a bait fish that if it doesn't live up to my standard, then it will be eaten by a much larger and terrifying fish that I'll send its way.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
In 1963, A German Newspaper editor published what he claimed was an "extract"(version) of the 3rd Secret ofFatima that had been made available by the Vatican to washington, London, and Moscow.

The 1973 message from Akita, Japan, involves roughly the same statements found in that earlier German newspaper article printed 10 years beforehand.

Examine the quotes between the German Article and the Akita Message:

---

A) A PUNISHMENT GREATER THAN THE FLOOD:

Neues Europa quote(1963):
"God will punish men still more powerfully and harshly than He did by means of the Flood,"

Akita quote(1973):
"the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be punishment greater than the deluge."

---

B) FIRE WILL FALL FROM THE SKY AND WIPE OUT MILLIONS:

Neues Europa: "Then fire and smoke will fall from the sky, and the waters of the oceans will be turned to steam, hurling their foam towards the sky; and all that is standing will be cast down. Millions and millions of men will lose their lives from one hour to the next,"

Akita Japan: "Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity,"

---

C) GOOD WILL PERISH WITH THE BAD:

Neues Europa: "...and the great and powerful will perish just as much as the small and the weak....The good will die with the wicked, the big with the small, the princes of the Church with their subjects."

Akita: "...and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful."

---

D) CARDINALS AGAINST CARDINALS, BISHOPS AGAINST BISHOPS:

Neues Europa: "There will also come a time of the hardest trials for the Church. Cardinals will be against Cardinals and bishops against bishops. Satan will put himself in their midst."

Akita: "The work of the devil will infiltrate even the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against other bishops."

--------
edit on 14-3-2011 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Here is the link
Japanese quake's epicenter located near Marian apparition site

"If men do not repent and better themselves, God the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity," Mary reportedly told Sr. Agnes. "It will be a punishment greater than the (biblical) flood, such as never seen before."

"Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful," she said. "The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church, in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops."

edit on 14-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

Hah! I told two people about this and guess what they said, "Apparitions are from the devil." Sheesh. The bible says that in the end times that "stars" will fall to the earth, which is akin to "fire falling from the sky". As for the good and bad people dying, according to people who believe they're going to heaven their own physical death is a good thing and according to athiests, there is no conciousness after death, so to those who accuse the messenger of this thread as a "fearmongering" what is there to fear? Also the bible says that these natural occurances are the birthpangs of the disaster to come. Looks like it's all downhill from here folks.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey there, I was watching CNN last night (no I don't have link, but maybe they will replay it) and they had an interview with a random Japanese woman. She was talking about how horrible it is right now and the newscaster said something like "well at least you survived". Her reply was that she didn't know that it was lucky that she lived and perhaps the dead are better off.

It just made me think of the prophecy and your thread, so I thought I'd share
as part of the prophecy was that the living will wish they had died.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ahhh, so it's a Ninja conspiracy. Somehow that makes the prophesy more awesome

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a few points:
1) the news now according to cnn is that the japanese pm is saying 10k dead and 100k missing. with the present and future meltdowns, this is really really bad as disasters go.
2) whether the catholic.org belief is right, anytime a major catastrophe happens, it may be a good idea to prepare our lives to live in a way that we won't regret if we died tomorrow.
3) many people from a christian, not catholic, perspective believe that japan is one country that has been quite resistant to missions work.
now, you may believe what you want, because i certainly am not catholic, and actually have many things against their beliefs. however, i've read the entire catholic.org statement, and i got the impression of pt# 2. of course, if the noah flood is to be believed, that deluge was much worse than anything recorded in human history. and i would hope that most ats understands just how different beliefs are between catholic and various protestants. some would argue the basic fundamental differences are greater than muslims and atheists.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The re-appearance of the RCC interest in Japan is worrying. Anyone remember the jesuit priests emerging from the Hiroshima rubble? All fine and dandy and they were praying to Fatima who saved them?

That this second nuclear incident draws the same prophetic line of talk from the RCC is deeply worrying. At a surface level, it's about humiliating the japanese ancient (pagan) belief system.

On a deeper level, it's about absolute control over the world, including and specifically Japan. A poster on a previous thread pointed out that the Japanese surrender of WW2 was conducted on the Japanese side by men in top hats and coat tails, traditional freemasonry garb.

Also, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the 2 cities which were first infiltrated by the jesuits, and more notably the first the eject the jesuits a generation later. Which leads me to wondering whether this was in fact an accident, and what is going to emerge from this? (something i'm not happy thinking about)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
Obviously the prophecy is a fake since it states that good and evil will be slayed in the same manner.

That will never happen as good people will always be saved and have good fortune.

Why do you think that good people will always be saved?

There are many other prophecies that state pretty much the same thing and not just by the catholic church and they have been known for centuries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join