It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catholic.org states Virgin Mary warned Japan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here is the link
Japanese quake's epicenter located near Marian apparition site

"If men do not repent and better themselves, God the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity," Mary reportedly told Sr. Agnes. "It will be a punishment greater than the (biblical) flood, such as never seen before."

"Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful," she said. "The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church, in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops."

I do not find that this has already been posted already, errr, I think.

The article goes on to say that the site of the apparition (Akita) was actually spared the worst of the Tsunami, even though it was close to the epicenter.

So what does ATS think.
Insight, or obfuscation

David Grouchy

edit on 14-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here is an article from May 2008 talking about strange changes in the Catholic church.

What is Going on in Sendai?
catholicinjapan.wordpress.com...

There are a lot of articles on this page. The one is question is a little past half way down.

Type CTRL+F and search for "what is going on in Sendai"

That sets off warning bells in my mind since replacing the homily or anyone giving the homily besides the priest is a liturgical abuse.

Quote from the Article

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
with all the chaos in the world the church is back to its old scare tactics to recruit more followers for their ever increasing vacant churches

couldnt they have made a big viral campaign days prior to the quake since she warned and one assumes a warning comes in advance?

so instead of coming with the old fire and brimstone chatter they could have now said instead "japan virgin mary has saved you"

but IMO catholics been loosing ground, jehova's witnesses are IT when it comes to deliver news of the end times

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
According to the article linked in the OP
She appeared in 1973.
Other phenomenon continued for 6 years.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If that's the case, and it may be, then the plans have been in place for a long long time.
That, and there must be quite a bit of high technology that we the public are unaware of but that the powerful have been using in secret.

I think that is an arguable position.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
NEW STYLE OF BEING PARISH AS COMMUNITY CELEBRATES CENTENARY
March 2008

www.cbcj.catholic.jp...

On the other hand, people express their concern that the interpretations they express in the sharing might be heretical.

The article is almost at the bottom of the page.
Hit CTRL+F and search for "New style of being"

Just trying to be thorough in the research.
Apparently, according to this article,
these changes cause people to leave the church.

Alright, so that's all I could find
using my google-fu.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

"He very much liked dialogue with other faiths," Charbonneau said, noting that at one point during his time in Japan, Lachapelle had worked as a prison chaplain with Protestant pastors, Buddhist monks and Hindu priests.

Catholic priest first Canadian confirmed dead in Japanese earthquake

Apparently this is the only Canadian casualty from the earth quake/Tsunami.

The first phrase quoted above from the news article fits with all the previous links in a very strange way.

From what I'm able to peice together
In Sendai, once a month, the priest would not give the Homily
but instead ministers from other faiths were invited in to minister to the "flock"
or people were invited to break up into groups and minister to each other.
Some people found this very disconcerting and started leaving the church.

Once again, this is just what I can determine from using my google-fu.

David Grouchy

BBC reports "Pope Benedict XVI was 'deeply saddened by the brutal and tragic consequences of the severe earthquake and tsunami that struck north-eastern coastal regions' of Japan, a telegram sent by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone on his behalf to Japan's Roman Catholic bishops says. The pope was praying for the dead and hoped that their families and friends would find 'strength and consolation', it adds."

edit on 14-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Third and the Last message on October 13, 1973:

". . . if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by my Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and the priests."

"The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres (other priests). Churches and altars will be sacked. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord."

"The demon will be especially implacable against the souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them."

". . . Pray very much the prayers of the Rosary. I alone am able still to save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their confidence in me will be saved."

www.theworkofgod.org...

The Blessed Mother made several points:

the Churches would be sacked....churches in Sendai area were devoid of crucifixes, spiritual art and other traditional furnishings. They were stripped bare of any traditional Catholic art, icons, statuary

The work of the Devil will infiltrate the Church: Local pastors were allowing non Catholics to say the homily...a sacrilege by any standard...imagine a non believer in the Eucharist advising the Eucharistic flock.

Survivors will envy the dead: Already happening www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2011/03/14/natpkg.japan.quake.cnn?hpt=C2

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Very convenient. Very convenient indeed.

I suspect that the Roman Catholic Church has many such predictions and visitations that it can wheel out at such times as they are required. The majority religions in Japan are Shinto and Buddhism so the Vatican probably sees this as a fine opportunity to push for converts and such a vision of the BVM gives it a fine propoganda tool to open its campaign with.

Sorry if some find that overly cynical but I have read many prophecies such as this from the Roman Catholic Church - they are all somewhat similar - and they are sufficiently general that they can be applied to many situations. To be honest, I actually find it a bit sick that they have brought this up right now, after, what, nearly forty years?

I put more store in the predictions of my fellow ATSers than I do the Roman Church. Propaganda, I say.

peace
J

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Obviously the prophecy is a fake since it states that good and evil will be slayed in the same manner.

That will never happen as good people will always be saved and have good fortune.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

". . . if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by my Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and the priests."

Okay, so let's say that these men didn't repent and better themselves according to the vague demands of this apparition. Does this seem like something that an all loving and knowing God would punish all humanity for? According to this apparition we are to recite the prayers of the Rosary. I believe the Bible tells us not to recite repetitious prayers or use idols. Don't make me pull out scripture.

Now the apparition tells us to pray for the Pope the bishops and the priests. I'm sure that the Pope will be well protected in times of turmoil as will the Vatican and all who occupy that little country. So we are to direct our prayers toward these figure heads because this apparition doesn't tell us to pray for everyone on the planet that will be taking the brunt of this terrible punishment that we must be deserving.

This is fear mongering at its worst. This is in no way comforting people who need it or helping the situations around the world. Where is the Pope during these terrible times anyway? I haven't heard him calling for the unity of the major faiths that seem to be at each others throats or offering solutions about God's piece of real estate here on earth. Has anyone heard from him or would he rather have apparitions deliver the judgmental messages? I haven't seen him on the MSM or anywhere actually. Could he be busy playing the fiddle?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
" Fire will fall from the sky " That does not even sound remotely like an earthquake or tsunami, yet the catholic church is trying to step forward to take credit. I hope this looses them members. It's not enough that these people are going through the worst time in their lives, now the catholic church is saying they are evil and this is why it happened. I think it should be quite clear why I don't belong to any religion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1. Make a vague prediction about a looming disaster.

2. Wait almost 40 years.

3. Something bad happens "nearby".

4. Prediction fulfilled.

Not too difficult a trick, really.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Where is the Pope during these terrible times anyway?

Errr, he's leading prayers for the Japanese people.
Just because I don't speak Italian doesn't mean he isn't active.

Now the apparition tells us to pray for the Pope the bishops and the priests. I'm sure that the Pope will be well protected in times of turmoil as will the Vatican and all who occupy that little country. So we are to direct our prayers toward these figure heads because this apparition doesn't tell us to pray for everyone on the planet that will be taking the brunt of this terrible punishment that we must be deserving.

The little deaf nun from Japan apparently had her hearing restored during the apparitions.
A previous pope went to visit Japan and look into it.
He neither wrote, nor caused the message, but
concluded it was worth listening too.

This is just what I find looking into the story.

Okay, so let's say that these men didn't repent and better themselves according to the vague demands of this apparition. Does this seem like something that an all loving and knowing God would punish all humanity for? According to this apparition we are to recite the prayers of the Rosary. I believe the Bible tells us not to recite repetitious prayers or use idols. Don't make me pull out scripture.

Yeah, I've heard that one too. Never believed it though.
Seriously it's not anywhere in the bible, it's pure hearsay.
Find a digital version and do a search. The string "all loving"
is no where to be found in any book, weather cannonical or apocryphal.

This quote is in the book though.

I form the light, and create darkness: [color=gold]I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

-Isaiah 45:7

[wow someone moderated this thread heavily. I didn't think the initial trolling and flippant responses were _that_ bad. Pretty standard stuff these days, as most people are raised to hate or distrust Catholics.]

p.s. well done on baiting me into defending a pope just because he's not here to defend himself. I was actually hoping I would be able to critically debunk this with everyone else. /shrug

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If only catholic.org warned all the innocent children molested
by *da holy1's*

What a cheap way of telling a quake prone area *we told you so*

I wonder why christ church nz wasn't warned...

I saw their statue was brought down..Maybe if only someone could of warned them then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join