It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What the USGS isn't showing on that map is the other fault running up from Tokyo out across the Western side of the island where the 6.2/6.6 quakes happened on that side.

But in terms of preliminary observations, think of the right hand side of the image up to where the fault under the Pacific meets Honshu Bay is. All that is going Under Japan (moving Right to Left on screen) with the Japanese Volcanoes in the middle pluming out the molten remains of the Pacific Plate, creating Japan.

The 5.1 is a precursor to something significant as it occurs on the other side of the slip, and a area that hasn't rebounded along a conjunction point. This means something is 'trapped' as the Northern part of the Pacific plate slid some 8ft under Japan, that's 8ftx100miles of under ocean Plate that's got to rebound sometime.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It is creepy to watch the eq's moving south, and fyi, the southern most red one is a 5.5. I grabbed this image after reading through your thread TA.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7dd2c2bf41b4.gif[/atsimg]

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 13-3-2011 by lasertaglover because: forgot usgs link

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for the input. I will be watching this for the next few days. Without any hard facts, I just have a gut feeling that the quake that happened on 3/11 is not the last one. I've been trying to placate my gut feeling with facts that prove me wrong, but unfortunately the contrary seems to be happening.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
5.5 78 miles from Tokyo. looks like it is moving southward. Keep updating USGS-they seem to be doing an ok job with this right now.
sorry, did not know about other posters.
edit on 3/13/2011 by katfish because: apology-repeats

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A little off Topic,but remember the Thread about those new big (Ghost-) Citys in China? I get the feeling those were built for a Situation like this were Japan has to be evacuated...

OnTopic: Looking at the Plates,wouldn´t that affect the San-Andreas Fault if this Pops?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I reat through entire thread and I am impressed by your analysis.

I am not an expert in geology, therefore I do have some questions for you.

Q1. In your opinion all the smaller earthquakes even though they are migrating southwards, do they not relieve stress on the plates, specifically the area you mentioned will have the next big earthquake?

Q2. How big do you think this earthquake will be?

Q3. In your opinion will the super moon/CME/Solar flares accelerate the time it takes for the EQ to occur and will its intensity be increased as well?

Q4. what the time line involved in your opinion? bluntly put it when do you expect it to occur?

Thanks

I am planning to get rid of the dark lord and become Emperor myself.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
there where a couple of tremors in the San Andreas last week but its been pretty quiet there since. but wouldn't be surprised if the whole Baja peninsula and L.A. became a new island chain in the near future.

small cluster in Baja (Gulf of California 4.6 4.6 4.0 and a 2.7 in Mexicali
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: more info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here is a link of several maps of seismicity history with the quake in question as a star.

Historic Seismicity of area Quake in Question

If you look at the last map which shows earthquakes that registered 7.0 or higher since 1900, you can see that there was a rather large earthquake just south of the earthquake in question. Right now I am trying to find out details about that quake as far as when it happened and exactly how strong it was.
edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

thanks for your posts and im impressed with your predictions because i tend not to believe too much about them but you seemed to be pretty much on the button, just one question for you tho at the moment.

if these quakes continue in this region, what time frame would you put on it untill the BIG ONE happen's??

cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Yes historical seismicity is important, but it is just as important to consider this particular quake and its location and depth in the CONTEXT of the activity to the north. Cause that changes everything as to THIS quake's significance at this time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Normally I never broadcast the things I feel and know, because some don'nt come true. But this time I will. If I read you well (became very nervous when I read your post) and you live in a hing building in Tokio....

then please GO AWAY. Go south if you cannot leave the island. but pls go away.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Also, If you're reading the prediction thread that is the wrong one. Yeah it is bizarre how that went down through a meditative session, but I am talking about the 7.2 thread. Read that in relation to how the events actually unfolded:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Most of them seem to be in the range of 24 - 30km with a scant few shallower than 10km or deeper than 30km. The last four aftershocks that registered greater than 6.0 have been about 24km deep, which is concerning as the quake in question is about 23km deep, and the most recent quake is exactly 24km deep!

Source: earthquake.usgs.gov...

I know little to nothing about the subject and I am not sure if any of this means anything, but I am great at spotting patterns because my profession calls for it.

edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: typos

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Bingo. Now you are getting it.

The subduction zone to the north has REPEATEDLY show us that activity can die down to lower magnitudes, and suddenly produce a big quake. At first I was concerned that the activity was going to move to the subduction zone line, and then they started happening right there. Now look at the mass of quakes covering up the exact line. That zone line is still dangerous and another could occur there. But there is far more danger lurking in this new quake zone. This is what Japan has prepared generations for, and they better heed the obvious warnings.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey TrueAmerican, glad to see your thread getting more attention. This is potentially very important.

We have both been talking about this since the 11th. I thought something was up immediately following the other quake, based on what authorities were saying, not on my knowledge of the area. The next day I found an article that explained the risk, I will link that here. This is what I said on the 11th:

One thing that stood out to me during all the commentary when the 8.9 quake struck, was Japan's Prime Minister issuing a warning that there may be another large quake imminent.

Here is the article:

Preparing for the great quake

They have been expecting a 8.0+ quake on that fault (Phillippine plate)....the devestation that close to tokyo, already damaged, would be imense.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You should do this thread in leaflet form and drop them over Japan... I'm really concerned that the people who should be hearing this are the ones who are unable to right now. I will be doing my part, though...I've got friends with family in Japan, and I will be directing them here. They have to decide for themselves, of course, but I will back your conclusions 100%.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america

they would make better Americans and make far better cars

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

That might be a good idea. Let them decide. But yeah, they should see this. That quake spells real bad news, any way you slice it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

True American

If it did hit Tokyo - knowing it`s shape, it`s bay etc....how far in would you expect the tsunami to go? Assuming that it is like the one on Friday? Don`t know if these things can be foreseen, statistically, but just thought I`d ask.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

According to Sky News, the French Embassy in Japan is instructing French citizens to evacuate Tokyo for fear of radioactive fallout from Fukushima.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join