It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New budget cuts target Pacific Tsunami Warning Center!! What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
After cutting the budget for TORNADO warnings during tornado season... now this...

GOP budget cuts target tsunami warning center

House-approved plan would cut into Pacific Tsunami Warning Center

WASHINGTON — A spending plan approved by the House would slash funding for a tsunami warning center that issued an alarm after the devastating earthquake in Japan.

The plan approved by the GOP-controlled House last month would trigger deep cuts for the National Weather Service, including the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii.

A union representing workers at the tsunami center said the proposed cuts could result in furloughs and rolling closures of National Weather Service offices.

That's just brilliant...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yet, I have to see one single tax subsidy cut for oil companies, sugar plantations and the like. Will they still be paying farmers to not grow crops like tobacco and for pouring milk on the ground to keep the prices high? Probably. One of my uncles worked at a large dairy and that does happen. Sometimes I think it'd be better if a natural disaster took out Washington, DC and all the politicians so we could start fresh. It's ridiculous. Maybe that island in the Canaries will finally split in half and wipe them out.
edit on 13-3-2011 by tncryptogal because: had a dyslexic moment.

link   
After what just happened, this is retarded.

They can spend a sh!t ton of money flying around to different countries for whatever reason but when it comes down to the safety of the people that pay for their crap they turn a blind eye and cut funding!?

Disgusting.

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Geniuses. WTH are they thinking? Dumb as hell. S & F Vit!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
After what just happened, this is retarded.

They can spend a sh!t ton of money flying around to different countries for whatever reason but when it comes down to the safety of the people that pay for their crap they turn a blind eye and cut funding!?

Disgusting.

Culling of their own herd. How else are they going to make sure no one knows to get out of there, if the warning systems are up and running?

Seriously, they're cutting the safety measures that count the most, tornado warnings, tsunami warnings, heating subsidies in the worst of winter ( I read that somewhere, don't remember where ), the gulf of Mexico seafood that they're talking people into eating......

I don't know why, it just seems like the most danger to Americans right now, is your own government

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Couldn't agree more, glad I stopped eating meat.

Never liked seafood though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Yup. Welcome to GOP America. If it aint a war or to further pad the pockets of their corporate owners, the GOP is agin it.

top topics

join