It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Wisconsin Gov. Walker Signs Bill Taking Away Public Worker Collective Bargaining Rig

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by queenofsheba

We'd also save a lot of money by policing ourselves and putting out our own fires. You want to do that too?

i'm game. Sounds like anarchy but lets do it.

Wouldn't it save a whole lot of money if we homeschooled our kids and take online classes? Let's put our children's education back to the parents.

Many communities like mine do quite well with volunteer firefighters.

If both parents are working...homeschooling is a difficult option....unless you pay someone to do it which is kinda pointless. Your kid isn't going to learn unless he/she is trying/wants to. A teacher can't make someone learn.

edit on 11-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by David9176

Lots of people homeschool their kids with excellent results. See, people don't want to teach their kids and want to send them off to public school (free and free babysitter) but don't want to pay the teachers,,,hmmm...what's wrong with this picture?
edit on 11-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

If unions are doing such a wonderful job of collective bargaining for these teachers then why are they so underpaid as many always claim??? Simple fact is unions don't give one sheet who is in the classroom teaching as long as they get their dues from em every month.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

The reason Walker and the rest of the far right hate teachers is because they tend to vote liberal.

Studies have shown that the more education a person has, the more liberal they tend to be.

Except in Texas and here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

So perhaps we should take our children's education into our own hands, Would solve a lot of financial problems. Who needs teachers? They are obviously not of import, no one wants to pay them. Think of the cost savings!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

So perhaps we should take our children's education into our own hands, Would solve a lot of financial problems. Who needs teachers? They are obviously not of import, no one wants to pay them. Think of the cost savings!

That would be fun to watch some of these so called teachers try and get a job in the private sector.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

My daughter asks me all the time to be homeschooled. She's bored. My sixteen year old son could most likely pass the GED and he's only in 10th grade. He's smarter than most adults I know. Oh, and they hate the school lunches cuz they're gross and have no nutritional value. Unfortunately, my husband thinks they need to be "socialized."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Pay attention. I'm telling you that if you have evidence of criminal activities by unions, you need to take it to the proper authorities. For instance, if you had evidence that I, or my SEIU local were engaged in criminal activities, you would contact Jenny Durkan, our district attorney. Here's the contact info: The United States Attorney's Office Western District of Washington

In fact you can find the information for any relevant state prosecutor with a simple google search. They'd all be very interested to know of criminal activity by unions, because political careers are made off busting organized crime. Making a RICO bust is kind of like saving twenty orphans from a serial killer, after all; you're a goddamned hero. Call 'em up, give 'em your information, and make a friend in the Justice department while simultaneously fighting crime AND busting a union. You can't lose!

Assuming, of course, you have such evidence.

if you have nothing of the sort, you're just using your mouth to collect lint and flying insects.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by guohua

Pay attention. I'm telling you that if you have evidence of criminal activities by unions, you need to take it to the proper authorities. For instance, if you had evidence that I, or my SEIU local were engaged in criminal activities, you would contact Jenny Durkan, our district attorney. Here's the contact info: The United States Attorney's Office Western District of Washington

In fact you can find the information for any relevant state prosecutor with a simple google search. They'd all be very interested to know of criminal activity by unions, because political careers are made off busting organized crime. Making a RICO bust is kind of like saving twenty orphans from a serial killer, after all; you're a goddamned hero. Call 'em up, give 'em your information, and make a friend in the Justice department while simultaneously fighting crime AND busting a union. You can't lose!

Assuming, of course, you have such evidence.

if you have nothing of the sort, you're just using your mouth to collect lint and flying insects.

Your problem here is that politicians have become the "crooks". After the mob built vegas on the back of union workers politicians became the crime bosses.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Studies have shown that the more education a person has, the more liberal they tend to be.

Which is a sad statement on the indoctrination people go through on college campuses today.

Education doesnt cause people to become liberal, 4 years of leftist indoctrination does.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

Which is a sad statement on the indoctrination people go through on college campuses today.

Education doesnt cause people to become liberal, 4 years of leftist indoctrination does.

It's a funny thing about that. If one agrees with a certain historical perspective it's called "education." If one does not agree with it, it's called "indoctrination."

My experience with college students is that they're perfectly capable of sifting through the information they are given and deciding for themselves what they will believe. Most of them are actually quite independent thinkers. My classes always showed a great deal of diversity in their views on most things, and a capacity for civil debate. Unlike many of their elders.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Academia is proven to be overwhelmingly to the left. Think they dont inject their own personal biases into the curriculum?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Sestias

Academia is proven to be overwhelmingly to the left. Think they dont inject their own personal biases into the curriculum?

So Republicans are only republicans because they managed to escape the left wing clutches of education?
Sounds like you should be in charge of campaign slogans. I often wonder if it is the math or the science that has the most liberal bias. How do Republicans do calc? Is it different?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

College faculties, long assumed to be a liberal bastion, lean further to the left than even the most conspiratorial conservatives might have imagined, a new study says.

By their own description, 72 percent of those teaching at American universities and colleges are liberal and 15 percent are conservative, says the study being published this week. The imbalance is almost as striking in partisan terms, with 50 percent of the faculty members surveyed identifying themselves as Democrats and 11 percent as Republicans.

Washington Post link

NY Times article: Professor is a label that leans to the Left

Like a cancer, the left has figured out that it is better to attack from the inside, as opposed to attacking from outside the realm of influence.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

I think its more to do with the type of person that goes to college. They tend to be those that are willing to learn new things and are more likely to analyze data presented to them as fact. While many that don't go to college share the same traits, a good portion do not.

This doesn't mean one can't be conservative and educated. As there are many highly educated conservatives. The problem arises when one defines the modern Republican party being what a conservative is. The classic definition of a conservative is one that holds onto the status quo and likes changes slowly. While the Republican party can be easily defined as a regressive corporatism party. A party seemingly wanting to reduce individual rights while increasing corporate rights.

An educated conservative individual might see the benefits of clean water, lower air pollution, workplace safety and so forth. Even if those things might reduce corporate profits in the short run. The sad fact is that such beliefs would make one instantly labeled as a liberal in this country.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Like a cancer, the left has figured out that it is better to attack from the inside, as opposed to attacking from outside the realm of influence.

3 guesses why I might not take the opinions offered by your Murdoch owned sources seriously.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

1 guess as to why you think Murdoch owns the New York Times or the Washington Post.

My guess: You really have no idea what you are talking about and instead get your little talking points from leftist sources who have you convinced a person (Murdoch) is evil, yet you obviously have no idea what media outlets he owns.

edit on 13-3-2011 by HaveAnotherOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Gov. Walker has awakened a sleeping giant, the American working man and the middle class now sees the overall agenda of the GOP to control the people that actually do the work in favor of the corporations that receive huge tax rebates, subsudies and preferential treatment.

Now that even nonunion people see the hypocrisy. Gov. Walker and the GOP has just committed political suicide.
This alliance of farmers and working people will make the rightwing TPM pale in comparison. And with the www. the movement will spread nation wide.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by whaaa because: truth code vi

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

1 guess as to why you think Murdoch owns the New York Times or the Washington Post.

My bad, I was thinking of the New York Post and WSJ. I can take that hit. The links still go to two opinions by righties so my overall point still stands.

My guess: You really have no idea what you are talking about and instead get your little talking points from leftist sources who have you convinced a person (Murdoch) is evil, yet you obviously have no idea what media outlets he owns.

Your guess is wrong. I followed your links, read the right wing OPINIONS you posted links to and well the rest was easy.

Maybe we can try again. 3 guesses why those OPINION pieces from the right do not do any better no matter who owns them. Sorry if the material provided is so much right wing opinion that I made such a grevious error.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Jesus freaking christ, are you ever right about anything? Howard Kurtz is hardly a right winger, and neither is Patricia Cohen.

As for your contention that the entire thing is merely opinions of the right wing, lets see your evidence. It's like you didn't even read the story to see it was a poll done by 3 college professors. Do you have any evidence whatsoever any of them are right wingers?

No, you dont.

On a site devoted to denying ignorance, you sure seem to be defying the odds and perpetuating it.

edit on 13-3-2011 by HaveAnotherOne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join