It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1261.htm
<< 1258  1259  1260    1262  1263  1264 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Via ENENEWS, Michio Kaku made a statement on his KPFA interview from May 9 that I find hard to believe. He is inferring that the corium from Chernobyl is buried in the earth and still heading down.

However, in the book "Ablaze: The Story of the Heroes and Victims of Chernobyl" by Piers Paul, the author describes the search for the core fuel that took place three years after the accident. At that time they found that there were two distinct pockets of corium which contained the bulk of the melted fuel. One was the famous 'elephants foot', a six foot wide mass of core and sand melted together. The other was found in another chamber where a huge mass of shiny yellow/green and black material existed. On it were strange, never before seen growths of crystal the scientists christened “Chernobylite”.

Both the 'elephants foot' and the larger mass in another chamber are still hot, but as far as anyone knows, not traveling down.

Kaku has made some interesting remarks before, some of which have proved themselves to be wrong. I think he may be wrong on this one as well.

Or when he spoke of the dangers of water interaction, he meant groundwater or rain water infiltrating into the chambers and initiating a reaction. His quote however implies something else.

You know the Chernobyl core is still melting into the earth? It’s still melting into the earth.

It’s a never ending nightmare.

Eventually they’re going to have to put concrete under the melted core to prevent it from hitting groundwater and creating perhaps a steam explosion.

ON EDIT: The author actually describes the material as yellow/black but pictures of the second mass show predominantly yellow brown with only a slight tint of green,and no black, but I believe this is due to the light range being used for the cam.

edit on 15-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Interesting, has anyone taken a sample of those strange Crystals to study them??
It might be Kryptonite

Soul

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
From Nuclear Power International magazine comes this - I knew it could not last for long without money changing hands...We will see what the mayor says and if he agrees then we have to keep his place under close surveillance in case he "does a runner" in the middle of the night to his other house in a neighbouring country. Hopefully though, he will make the right decision and stop the power station restarting again.

Japanese town approves restart of nuclear power plants

Sponsored by FLSmidth
May 15, 2012

Officials in the Japanese town of Ohi have approved the restart of two nuclear power reactors in Fukui prefecture, according to the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI). After a briefing from the central government and Kansai Electric Power Co., NEI said the Ohi assembly agreed that restarting the reactors is necessary to maintain jobs and the town’s finances.

The town is waiting on the mayor’s decision.

Also in May, Japan’s National Federation of Small Business Associations asked the government to restart the nation’s nuclear reactors to stabilize the power supply, NEI said. The association told Industry Minister Yukio Edano that an increase in electricity rates would devastate small businesses.

Hokkaido Electric Power Co.’s Tomari 3, Japan’s last operating commercial nuclear reactor, shut down for regular inspections May 5, 2012, marking the first time in 42 years that Japan has not had a reactor generating electricity. Prior to the Fukushima Daiichi disaster in March 2011, the country had 50 operating reactors that generated over 44,000 MW, or about 30 percent of the nation’s demand.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

before PBS became the 'petroleum broadcasting station' ( a couple of decades ago) they ran an excellent vid on the "wall" and the scientists dying ( not a so funny term) to go to Chernobyl to study the materials (never sen before in nature on earth ) being formed by the melt core down hole path. at the time of the vid , every one of the scientists and related staff had died from radiation related or induced disorders...the most common being heart failure..

what the wall was a series of instant Kodak's showing the scientists that came and then died from exposure aat Chernobyl. there were over two hundred photo's on that wall...but the scientist still came.

at that time the best estimation of the scientists ...from direct observation was that that core blobs were still tunneling down (in fact they were studying the hole )when I was younger the spin FOR nukes was that if they failed they would drill down and to 'safety'

the water explosion argument is facile due to the energies and materials involved: reactor failure ( without fire) becomes "minor"(major) local polluters but long term high altitude polluters(major) are what reactor breaches will be .it could happen but the conditions would have to be just insanely perfect

it's a thermal thing.

pool failure either thermally or physically is a LOcal short terms CRITICAL potential but then a long term biological , resulting in a measurable long term an d high altitude transport and dispersal mechanism orders of magnitude worse than a "SIMPLE" core breach .

at Chernobyl we had one , with , NO spent feul pool filled to over flowing

at fuku we have at least four ( possible all six ) with both cores breached and fuel pools filled and ALL having serious conditions.

so the question should be raised : why would any large mass of self heating material stop? the only answer is that it had reached thermal equilibrium...is that even possible for a mass of cerium that we are seeing from fuku

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Interesting...English Versions...

Kinda unusual that start at "120515_01-e.pdf" and then skips 02, 03, 04, 05....but then an "120515_06-e.pdf"....

It's the little things that sometimes makes ya suspicious...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

Fish/Shellfish samples:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 16-5-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Unit 4 Steaming...

Around 19:33...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Meteorological analysis of the spring-2010 radionuclide
measurements in Eastern Asia, May 7th 2012

Before Fuku...

presentations.copernicus.org...

- Purple Chive
edit on 16-5-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
rain swipe yesterday 167 CPM 27 CPM background.

i never in my life thought i would have to avoid the rain as much as possible.

with the continuing level of isotopes going up with no end in sight, i can hardly sit back an ignore the reality for the many generation here now and to come.

for anyone interested google " Phoenix Tears" and if you believe in a god, may that god be with us all.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So a good friend of mine just visited my shop and asked me to sum up what the current situation is in Fukushima, and I struggled. The previous week, I had simply said to him that we should not forget the situation there, it hasn't gone away, and the lack of MSM coverage is conspicuous by its' absence.
I know it's bad, and I know there isn't really anything new or innovative on the table to help solve the real issue at hand or indeed the possible issues unfolding on the horizon. I continue to cringe each time I see an earthquake in Japan.

I see programs on the MSM about current studies being done in Chernobyl, and conclude it may just be a way of preparing us for what may come.

For those of you who have contributed vastly to this thread, please try to summarise where we are in a "nutshell"
I am not trying to be clever, or otherwise, I visit this thread a lot and it is now huge. I suppose I really just want to be able to talk to people, my friend included, on a level anyone could understand.

You guys are probably almost certainly more knowledgeable than I.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
From akiomatsumura.com... via ENENEWS

The above article is a plea for help from Akio Matsumura. Mr. Matsumura is the founder and Secretary General of the Global Forum of Spiritual and Parliamentary Leaders on Human Survival. He is well known among diplomatic circles and has been called a "saint" and "hero of our times" by world leaders.

His concern for the condition of Fukushima Dai-ichi caused him to travel to Washington DC to give a dire warning to the Japanese ambassador who then relayed the message to Obama. The following highlights the key points he was trying to get across, and why he considers the situation dire in the most extreme sense.

The nuclear disaster that would result is beyond anything science has ever seen.  Calling it a global catastrophe is no exaggeration.

If political leaders understand the situation and the potential catastrophe, I find it difficult to understand why they remain silent.

The following leaves little to question:

Many scientists believe that it will be impossible to remove the 1,535 fuel assemblies in the pool of Reactor 4 within two or three years.

Japanese scientists give a greater than 90 percent probability that an earthquake of at least 7.0 magnitude will occur in the next three years in the close vicinity of Fukushia-Daiichi.

The crippled building of Reactor 4 will not stand through another strong earthquake.

Japan and the TEPCO do not have adequate nuclear technology and experience to handle a disaster of such proportions alone.

It can't be made any clearer than that. And what did Obama do when presented with these concerns. He ignored them and continued with the facade that everything was under control and nuclear power was perfectly safe.

To all Americans. If you value the continued existence of life on this planet, then you better vote for the Green Party candidate, because both Obama and Romney are nothing more than industry shills. The Green candidate doesn't have a chance of winning, but if the green vote increases exponentially from 3% to say 10% it would send shock waves through our corporate controlled government and force future changes.

Its the only hope we have.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Interesting...English Versions...

Kinda unusual that start at "120515_01-e.pdf" and then skips 02, 03, 04, 05....but then an "120515_06-e.pdf"....

It's the little things that sometimes makes ya suspicious...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

Fish/Shellfish samples:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

PC, way cool. I have been wondering if they were doing something like that but every time Ive changed the numbers to see if something was down the line Ive only entered one or two next numbers and then figured that there wasnt anything else.

Now Ive gots to go back and check a wider range of 'next numbers'. This could get exciting. Good eye.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
More time-lapse film.

Iodine 131 found in the pool last year but they forgot to tell us......just slipped their minds...
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

the most common being heart failure..

Which is very interesting in and of itself. The workers who got the worst doses have predominantly been affected via the heart and not nearly as often through a cancerous response.

I wonder if the heart is giving out before the cancers have a chance to progress.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

MCCYY,

A short synopsis on where things stand at the nuclear plant is fooked.

Getting a tad bit more technical, you could say that due to the lack of known human technology to stop a core melt in progress, the only thing that can be done is what they are doing. And that is to continue to flow tons of water over the tops of the melt which only has the effect of cooling the portion which is in direct contact with the water.

It is entirely likely that the molten masses in 1,2 & 3 are well below this upper crust of cooled corium and there is likely a good sized void between what has solidified at the water melt surface interface and where the breathing blobs are somewhere below.

If you take a look at the charts that purplechive posts, you can see that the temperature, pressure, and hydrogen levels fluctuate. This was predicted way back in this thread by TheRedneck, Silverlok, and others. As the masses run through a cyclic process of fissioning/heating, they are essentially "breathing." This results in increases and then decreases in temperature output along with the emissions they are continually producing.

The water Turdco is using either boils off (as radioactive steam), leaks away (into the ocean), or is captured "filtered" and then is placed into storage tanks (the number of which is constantly increasing) until such time as the water is no longer highly contaminated; thousands of years hence.

Unless a steam explosion occurs or until a large aftershock strikes (spilling the SFP of R4) the main releases from here on out will be through the water leaking into the ground and thence into the ocean.

The explosion of R3 produced the greatest amount of airborne radioactive release to date.

Since that time and from the moment Turdco has been dumping tons of water into the reactors, it has been nearly all waterborne.

Now that is not to say it is any less dangerous, as whatever is released into the environment can easily find it's way into the food chain through a variety of pathways. Then we have to worry about bioaccumulation, which is the process of concentration of pollutants via biological processes.

From the earlier mentioned airborne release due to the explosion at R3, there are, and will continue to be hot spots around the globe as the particulates will not disperse evenly and tend to "stick together" resulting in some areas of contamination far from the site which are quite toxic.

Fortunately, none of these levels are immediately deadly (hence the early admissions of "no immediate effect to human health") but will increase cancer risks (and a host of other non-cancerous diseases (see Silverlok's post above)) worldwide. Thing is, there will be very little ability to directly tie this back to Fukushima as the effects might not express themselves in the current generation.

If the SFP of R4 gets toppled, all of this is only exacerbated to an incredibly high degree and we are well and truly fooked then...

I hope this post helps and is concise enough for what you are looking for.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Addendum...when the money runs dry...the worry will run high...

Bob A - your turn to chime in!

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thank you very much for your time to explain, and also to the piece zworld submitted. Will copy and print off for future use and reference.

I now think I understand things a little more, and as I expected, it is hard not to dwell on it with remorse and sadness. However, understanding the main issues better are the first steps to acceptance.

Keep up the good work all of yous, thanks again.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Good eye there Z. the heart failure thing I found extremely interesting years ago,especially given that radiation is the invisible death, I hadn't realized it had more than one face when looking at the human body. I suspect that hard radiation in largish doses causes massive cell death and misreplication in turn causing the immune system to go into massive production that quickly over-burdens the heart .

Much like other types of poisoning and other things like hypothermia do to the heart .

Plus in the corporate fantasy land of information dispersal it offers an 'excellent' spin excuse for distancing peoples perception of radiation and the human condition ,cause and effect connections

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Excellent post Jaded. From that pic it looks like they used my tanker trailer ( blue) idea ( I wish I could laugh). except they didn't bury them .

I wold add ( to that excellent post ) that a very real effect is that of radiation induced disease 'hardening'. I forget whom first mentioned it but the government of the U.S. made the super deadly virus strains ( like lethal anthrax) by exposing them to radiation.

With a wide variety of everyday pathogens it took well less than 200 generations ( radiogenically mutating) to produce super lethal "super viruses".

We now have enough levels of radiation in the environment in the northern hemisphere that a "natural" super virus breeding program IS in the wild , uncontrolled and now unstoppable.

and FUKU still pumps out more hot particles every day .

in my area whooping cough is ( VERY unseasonably ) being not only persistent but pervasive. where we normally see 30 cases a year ( most in the cold months ) we have 253 this year and it is only may . if the trend continues linearly ( unlikely ) that's over 600 cases for the year or 20x the average from the last few decades.

I am sure it's co-incidence*cough*

also high altitude particles stay in the atmosphere for decades, meaning that we will have radioactive rains her and there and every where , dependent on the whims of weather, for the rest of most of our life times .

but fear not perhaps this sort of thing will generate the x-men or at least the zombie apocalypse which we all know would be fun

(edit)

I should point out none of this is theory: the avian bird flew needs only two , TWO , mutations to become super lethal..
edit on 16-5-2012 by Silverlok because: a friend said I was being to coy

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Very good points, my friend. I would also add a quick link to this post which details a few scientific studies in which noncancerous diseases (pulmonary diseases, heart disease, etc) are linked quite conclusively to low level radiation exposure.

So, with the random distribution of concentrated hot zones, the (now) biogenetic modifications being induced within the normal pathogenic populations which occur in nature, and the links established to various noncancerous diseases, I think we can say that Fukushima is the curse that will keep on giving for decades to come.

Big phama will milk this for all it is worth, I am sure. Why would you want to cure something that is so much more lucrative to treat?

Kind of like why "free energy" hasn't been developed (or has been suppressed, take your pick), who would want to spend money on R&D for something that would put you out of business (if you're an energy company)? We no longer have separate power plants down here, they've been decommissioned and the electricity is now produced at the on site power plants of the oil refineries in the area (odd that one of the units has been whited out in this image) and then sold into the grid.

Here is a google maps street view shot pointed in the direction of the whited out area:

Strange bit of oddness there...

I find this odd as the units we used to have (the image linked shows 2 of 4 remaining, in the future if this image is updated, none will be shown as the last was demolished earlier this year) were much larger than the ones at the refinery.

The only thing I can come up with is the new units are much more efficient than the ones my dad used to be plant supervisor for. They were gas turbine units and among some of the most efficient units available; according to him, and he worked for the utility for his entire working career of overy 40 years so he would know.

There is little we can do to avoid exposure, so I would do the best I can to enjoy the life we have left to live as a means of protesting the choices made without our consent, but which will undoubtedly affect us all.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok,, we can all now agree that 3 was MOX.
that is the unknown,,
my feeble understanding is that

A. It was decommisioned Weaponized, fuel from a Country, persuaded by another Country too , ship with another Countries, ships through another Countries Harbour,, take deep breath,,,
Now if u were told by the Russian Govt, at the time or any other Govt,, to create a Nuclear Realed Device ,, that would ENSURE, that ,,said Govt,, would be Final Victor!,, hey it was the Cold War,, everyone forget Krushchev Banging his shoe,,,at the U.N.

So whats in that Mix Of ,,,X???? X being the secret ingrediant of course,,,

there has too be Serial number,, somewhere,,,, right,, before u can fix the problem,,u at least have too know,, what was in it that went,,

burp.
Me.

edit on 16-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

ohh and far as the Radiation,, the Russian,, Czar Bomb,, biggest Explosion ever,, was only 3% radioactive,, if i remember right,, was good is 1000years of "can't go there "???,,there not crazy,,nuts,,but not crazy,
so ya i believe thats why , the actual , Nuclear Fallout,,Deadly Sick scenario,, is not really "VISIBLE",,
why should it be,, it was built with ww3 in mind.
edit on 16-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1258  1259  1260    1262  1263  1264 >>

join