It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning to my Western Coast Friends...Get away from the coast NOW!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You're busting your arse today westcoast!
Thanks for all the links, I'll be keeping an
eye on this. All is calm in inland Orange County
ATM.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey westcoast,
I want to thank you for keeping us informed. You must be exhausted, though.
I think the west coast is okay so far from the news reports, thank goodness! Take care.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Santa Cruz got hit hard. 2 million in damage so far in the marina.

Crescent City, north of Berkeley just reported a 3rd surge. And the biggest so far at 8.1 feet. We will be seeing this go on for many more hours.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Santa Cruz got hit hard. 2 million in damage so far in the marina.

Crescent City, north of Berkeley just reported a 3rd surge. And the biggest so far at 8.1 feet. We will be seeing this go on for many more hours.

The news media seems to be focusing on Japan. I would say 8.1 feet is significant. Good luck to you out west and take care.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's some more news about the Tsunami. news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was just watching the tsunami roll in on Oregon's shore and saw a good 5' wave jump out and the went off air shortly after and it was still growing. Prayers to them, SIATHTF over there. Prayers and peace to the Japanese citizens. Hell, prayers to the whole damn world right now, we need it.

www.cnn.com... (go to live stream)

I mean, it could have been a lot worse and i believe its just a way of mother earth taking it easy on us and giving a little push here and there. But she wont wait forever.

But i forgot the recent volcanic activity XD
It will be for the better good in the end i suppose.

edit on 11-3-2011 by AOA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So I got three hours of sleep and food. Man....at least I feel a little sane again.

Looks like (so far) the West Coast has been spared. Yes, monetary damage in parts of California, but wow, could it have been so much worse.

I will update this later with some more articles, etc. but must run for now.

Let us pray again for all those lives lost In Japan, and the turmoil/pain so many or experiencing. I hope that we have seen the worse of it. I really do.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
yeah we dont want to get your feet wet now do we??

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Wow, i guess all of the people in California are screwed unless they all move or make some hollywood movie style wall.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We are ok in CA. Harbor damage along some California cities, most notably Crescent City, and Santa Cruz sustained millions of dollars in damage to their harbor structures alone, not counting the toppled boats.

One individual decided it would be a smart idea to stand on a sand bar to photograph the tsunami, but Mother Nature showed him who's who and he is no longer.

Got to see the wavefront of the tsunami enter the San Francisco Bay, and was quite surprised that it was easily visible while driving on the freeway some two miles out from it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I saw that story. That is what was being stressed the most on the news this morning. Stay away from the water!!!

So in light of everything else, I type this follow-up with heavy hands because it seems so insignificant....but I feel I need to.

Washington was spared pretty much any damage. Small surge. Oregon I haven't heard if there was damage, but if there was it was minimal...3 and 4 foot surges I believe.

Northern California seems to have been the hardes hit, with (I have heard in the news) up to 8 ft surge in places. The Governer declared a state of emergency in four counties due to damage in the harbors and inunundation on the coast. So far as I know, one life lost due to not following the warnings.

It seems we have been spared...thank you God. I am telling you that I was quite scared at first because in reality no one knew for awhile what might develop. This is unprecendted.

Unfortunately the tragedy is very, very far from over as new catastrophies develop in Japan and the very large after-shocks continue to roll.

Please say a prayer if you believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join