It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the pole shift be happening?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The axis of the earth was moved by four inches by the force of this quake, and Japan moved anywhere from 8 to 13 feet. So, in a way, yes, I'd say the poles shifted at least 4 inches as I understand the process.

You can read more at CNN

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

The axis shift is not the same as a pole shift as defined by Hancock or an ECD as defined by Hapgood. In a pole shift the crust slips over the mantle. The effect is that the orientation of the axis changes relative to the crust. The change in the axis of the Earth was not a change of orientation. The new axis of rotation is parallel to the previous axis. A redistribution of the mass causes a slight shift in the position of the axes, not the orientation. In a TPW or pole shift the movement continues for an extended period of time. This was a sudden movement that stopped. A TPW has rates of a meter a year over millions of years.

It's also interesting to see that other quakes such as the Chile quake also caused the axis to shift.
edit on 14-3-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thank you for clearing that up and helping me understand it better.
I obviously need to read up on it more. I'm not that worried about it. I can't change it. I can just prepare. I should be prepared anyway regardless of impending doom and gloom or not.

Again, thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

It's pretty easy to get these terms confused since they are used interchangeably by many people. What I am amazed by is the fact that the very small change in the rotation axis can be measured.

Here is a link to a place where the background of Hapgood is discussed.
Hapgood’s Theory of Earth Crust Displacement

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well today is March 15th here in OZ, Zero pole shift,sun rising in normal position.Looks like its going to be a nice day,compass has not moved.
Some were saying that an alignment today could cause a pole shift with the super moon
since its been happening for all of history today will be no different.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here I am ready for my marathon March 15th 24 hour blogcast at the world famous Seventh Veil Gentlemens Club in Hollywood CA to report first hand the long anticipated March 15th pole shift!

For those of you looking anxiously forward to this event you will be pleased to hear the Pole Shifting has already begun as Amber relinquishes the pole with a half tuck sommersault and Monique shifts to pole with a classic snake shimmy!

The Pole shift is on, and I proto shall stay here at the club throughout the night and day reporting the pole shifts as they occur.

Stay tuned!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

www.2012hoax.org

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

japans see's the destruction of its land, homes and thousands of deaths inc...nuclear radiation fall out problems everyday?, yep I see this everyday in hollywood movies!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
OK, so heres a question for the earthquake experts (as my understanding of earthquakes is minimal)
But, in any way, is the earth quake in New Zealand related to the Earth quake in Japan?
Or is it simply coincidence?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by downunder666

They are at least related in the sense that they are due to well known faults. The faults are on well known plate boundaries.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well with all the evidence i has seen i would say it would not be as dramatic as that.A very slow and progressive change over many years would proberly be more realistic.I have noticed very slight changes in the earths tilt and beleive it may happen in two different ways.As i said it may be a very gradual change over hundreads of years or it may be gradual until its reachs a point of no return.This means it will stay gradual until it reachs and gos beyond what you may call the balancing point and all of a sudden,ths could be within days the earth tilt would change.What change are we talking about here.Not a magnetic change but a change in the tilt of the earth.Each year the tilt of the earth changes and we have different seasons.This tilt is changing very slightly and it reachs a point where the tilt would be more pronounced than before.Again this major tilt may only be slight by 10 dregrees or it may progress to about 25 dregrees more.If it changes by 25 dregrees it would put the earth on its side..This would make the earth instead of spinning from left to right the earth will be spinning from north to south.It not so bad for the southern hemsphere as they will be in constant daylight facing the sun.Of course it would be disasterous for the northern hemsphere as they will endup in constant darkness and of course with no heat from the sun will fall into a ice age.Weather the ice will effect the southern hemsphere is really not known,Because the northern hemsphere ices over it may cause a change reaction that may effect the entire earth.Anartica would be the closest to the sun and could infact melt with all the sunlight it would be getting.The changes in the earths tilt can be meusures as to the times of the day the light comes and gos.If someone timed exsactly when the sun came up and set over the years they would notice slight changes in the times..ISome years it could be out by seconds.Other years it could be out by minutes.I believe the times between theses changed is increasing very quickly.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The polar shift has been happening and is happening in a bigger effect now. This will continue for some time.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I have noticed very slight changes in the earths tilt

What have you noticed? The Earth's title has been rather stable over the last 200 million years.

This means it will stay gradual until it reachs and gos beyond what you may call the balancing point

Why would there be a balancing point? The Earth is not sitting on something or attached to something.

Each year the tilt of the earth changes and we have different seasons.

Seasons are due to the tilt which is not changing.

This would make the earth instead of spinning from left to right the earth will be spinning from north to south.

The Earth would be still rotating in the same direction. But the Earth's tilt is stable and has hardly changed over the last 200 million years.

t not so bad for the southern hemsphere as they will be in constant daylight facing the sun.

That's not how the Earth would act were the tilt to increase. Look up seasons and see how the tilted Earth is oriented over the course of seasons. Below is a basic intro into the effects of the Earth's tilt.
www.enchantedlearning.com...

Anartica would be the closest to the sun and could infact melt with all the sunlight it would be getting.

This notion, like many of the others before it, are based on an incorrect understanding of seasons and the Earth's tilt.

The changes in the earths tilt can be meusures as to the times of the day the light comes and gos.

That's incorrect. That depends on many factors such as where you are relative to the equator.

If someone timed exsactly when the sun came up and set over the years they would notice slight changes in the times..ISome years it could be out by seconds.Other years it could be out by minutes.I believe the times between theses changed is increasing very quickly.

You need to understand the Earth, its orientation, its path around the Sun and then you can understand that there are problems with what you are doing.
edit on 1-5-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The polar shift has been happening and is happening in a bigger effect now. This will continue for some time.

Are you referring to the position of the magnetic poles? Those poles have been moving as long as people have determined their position.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval

ramussen

It appears the polls have been shifting since January and are heading in the wrong direction for Obama.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Well as you may know recently there have been mass die off's of animals. Most recently the million+ in california. Now numerous earthquakes, and this tsunami that hit japan. Tsunami warning in hawaii. And a supposed pole shift date is march 15th 2011. I know it is most likely bull#, but if that date is bull#, and the pole shift isn't, then could it be happening? the state of the world has been getting worse and worse recently.

But it IS happening, in the next 100.000 years

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Polar Shift or Polar Inversion
Alright it is time to set some of the facts straight for all those who propose no.
First let's identify the difference between Polar Shift and Polar Inversion, Polar Shift = movement of Pole from one geographical position to another. Polar Inversion is where the Poles switch places or orientation to the current geographic local of each respective pole.
Now let all you doubtful folks scream loud but the facts are as follows.
Polar Shift: Yes Polar shift does occur and is ongoing at this very moment. The rate at which the pole is drifting or shifting has been increasing at an exponential rate. So yes the poles are on the move this is a fact that have observed throughout my 20 years as a commercial pilot.
Polar Inversion: Well this is a point of speculation based on magnetic orientation of particles in soil samples taken from the ocean floor. From this it would appear as though the earth magnetic fields have gone through numerous polar inversions throughout the planets lifetime. If the interpretation of the samples they have collected are correct. Then you couple this with the current polar shift in progress, and you could build a week case for imminent polar shift. However for anyone to place an actual date or time that this event will take place is absolute rubbish. There are far too many other factors that will lend a hand in the full development of polar inversion. I could go on in much greater detail on this subject but not in this post. So to close I will say for certain it is my belief based on information I have researched that yes indeed the planet will undergo a polar inversion..... Will we get to see it? Your guess is as good as mine.
Cheers all

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timcanfly

I agree that a magnetic reversal date is not predictable, but there are a few clarifications I would like to make.
1. It is important to differentiate magnetic changes with a pole shift. The term pole shift is a crustal event. Posters confuse the two all of the time and it makes for a very confusing read.
2. The rate of change is not exponential. There has been an increase in the change in position of the magnetic poles, but that change is not exponential.
3. The poles have been in motion ever since the location was first determined.
4. The change in field orientation is not observed in soil samples. It is observed in bedrock in the ocean floors as well as in lava flows on land, and even in fire pits made by man.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join