It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the pole shift be happening?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Originally posted by LogicMan07
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Relax guy, were just joking around, your theory makes as much if not more sense than alot of the other ones some of these nutcases throw around.

No need to be a dick about though

Your line of reasoning is heavily flawed. For one you mentioned the Tsunami in Japan and the warning in Hawaii as if they are two separate events. They are both from the same event.

Where do we assert that the "pole shift is supposed to happen on March 15th"?

I see no evidence for this.

As I am beginning to understand there is more to the 2012 in the sense that people have tied it into personal beliefs, meaning that it is something personal for them, I don't want to tread on that.

However, your OP is just nonsense. There is no evidence of the poles shifting on March 15th and there will be Tsunami effects in countless countries countries because there was a major quake in the Ocean and Oceanic quakes cause tsunamis, as they have been doing for many years now.
edit on 11-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If pole shifts were directly caused by earthquakes of this magnitude, we would have had at least 5 since 1900 since this is the fifth largest since then. This is the seventh largest on record and given the last pole shift was hundreds of thousands of years ago, I would say no....there is no direct correlation to be made.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Im thinking more along the lines of a psychological attack in which mother earth makes us think were about to witness armageddon by throwing some common everyday earthquakes at us and people start blaming everyone else and we kill each other off.

Common every day earth quakes, man are you out in lala land. Do you even read, do you own a t.v., have you ever gone on the many websites that record seismic activity and volcanoes around the globe??? Your a real honest to goodness sheeple. Bobble head too.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Some of the thinking and mindless ideas about what's happening but disregard these events as nothing that's happening on the planet give a totally new meaning to the word moron.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

reply to post by boncho

Im thinking more along the lines of a psychological attack in which mother earth makes us think were about to witness armageddon by throwing some common everyday earthquakes at us and people start blaming everyone else and we kill each other off.

Common every day earth quakes, man are you out in lala land. Do you even read, do you own a t.v., have you ever gone on the many websites that record seismic activity and volcanoes around the globe??? Your a real honest to goodness sheeple. Bobble head too.

If you have a great deal of information on this it should be easy for you to formulate it into a valid argument with data representing your position. My position is that there have been earthquakes for eons and that a few have hit city centers is more indicative of people building cities on fault lines as opposed to the idea that something strange is happening.

Or did the pole shift in 1900 too?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Good question.. But it seems you got to wait longer for such a event.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The pole shift IS happening [size=-8]in the next 100.000 years

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Relax guy, were just joking around, your theory makes as much if not more sense than alot of the other ones some of these nutcases throw around.

No need to be a dick about though

Your line of reasoning is heavily flawed. For one you mentioned the Tsunami in Japan and the warning in Hawaii as if they are two separate events. They are both from the same event.

Where do we assert that the "pole shift is supposed to happen on March 15th"?

I see no evidence for this.

As I am beginning to understand there is more to the 2012 in the sense that people have tied it into personal beliefs, meaning that it is something personal for them, I don't want to tread on that.

However, your OP is just nonsense. There is no evidence of the poles shifting on March 15th and there will be Tsunami effects in countless countries countries because there was a major quake in the Ocean and Oceanic quakes cause tsunamis, as they have been doing for many years now.
edit on 11-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

Learn to read more then just one post. I said it as a supposed date because on a talk show a caller phoned in saying she had knowledge of classified information. Alex Jones talk show to be exact. Really alot of tsnumais? i'
ve been reading frontpage news everyday for the past 5 years and i have no reccolection. please, enlighten me

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

reply to post by boncho

Actually yes i do. And your the one taking this thread way to seriously. I say "could" no where did i say it will happen. Im just throwing something out there, and you and other people are taking it too seriously

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Really alot of tsnumais? i' ve been reading frontpage news everyday for the past 5 years and i have no reccolection. please, enlighten me

Tsunamis. See here. The first one they list evidence of is in 427BC. Seems like a long time they have been showing up. There have been quite a few since then too.

As for the pole shift nonsense, anything from AJ is unreliable. I wouldn't trust anything unless I found validity to it myself. He is no better than Icke IMO.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

When you say pole shift do you mean a pole shift or a magnetic reversal. These are very different.

Why would an impending event of either type cause someone to happen?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Looks like something has happened to magnetic north in the last week. I have a fixed in place magnetic compass and its always pointed bang on North ever since I set it up 2 years ago. Checked it this morning and its 1 degree off north.

Based in the central UK. Interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
As for the pole shift nonsense,

That pole shift 'nonsense' is one of the last things Albert Einstien accepted as a probability. Ah but Alex Jones said it so it must be crap right?
There's the danger of stereotyping....

Source
The Einstein-Hapgood Papers
Charles Hapgood first came to public attention in the mid-1950s with his theory of earth crust displacement, a radical geological idea which attracted the curiosity and support of Albert Einstein. The Einstein-Hapgood correspondence is a forgotten page in the history of science. We obtained these letters (ten from Einstein to Hapgood) from Albert Einstein's Archives in the Fall of 1995. They show, for the first time, just how extensively Albert Einstein was involved in assisting Charles Hapgood in the development of the theory of earth crust displacement.

In his second reply (24 November 1952) to Hapgood, Einstein wrote that the idea of earth crust displacement should not be ruled out "apriori" just because it didn't fit with what we wanted to believe about the earth's past. What was needed, Einstein claimed, was solid "geological and paleontological facts."

For six months, Hapgood gathered geological evidence to support the idea of an earth crust displacement. On the 3rd of May 1953 he forwarded thirty-eight pages of this evidence to Einstein. Central to his argument was Hapgood's evidence that Lesser Antarctica was ice-free at the same time that North America lay smothered in ice. Einstein responded (8 May 1953):

"I find your arguments very impressive and have the impression that your hypothesis is correct. One can hardly doubt that significant shifts of the crust have taken place repeatedly and within a short time."

He urged Hapgood to follow up on evidence of "earth fractures". A month later (11 June 1953) Hapgood sent Einstein forty-two pages of evidence on earth fractures and the evolution of the ice sheets.

Einstein wrote (17 December 1953) Hapgood urging him to address the "centrifugal momentum" problem. Hapgood responded with four pages on this problem and thirty-seven pages of "paleontological evidence" including the frozen mammoths of Arctic Siberia. Einstein was now convinced. On the 18th of May 1954, Einstein wrote a very favorable foreword for Hapgood's book EARTH'S SHIFTING CRUST: A KEY TO SOME BASIC PROBLEMS OF EARTH SCIENCE (published in 1958 by Pantheon Books, New York). The Foreword begins:

"I frequently receive communications from people who wish to consult me concerning their unpublished ideas. It goes without saying that these ideas are very seldom possessed of scientific validity. The very first communication, however, that I received from Mr. Hapgood electrified me...."

Hapgood and Einstein continued to correspond and finally met in January of 1955. Einstein's last letter was dated the 9th of March 1955 just weeks before the great physicist died on the 18th of April 1955. Einstein's Archives are held in Jerusalem (with copies at Princeton) where they hold the record of an unique and unheralded collaboration on the theory of earth crust displacement.

There was a book by Richard Noone, I think it was Ice the ultimate disaster or something like that which discussed this theory as well, while I think the author was a bit premature in calling out a date, the book is pretty interesting and well worth a read if Hapgood is too Heady for you. It's not from Alex Jones, it's from physics, respected men of their fields, centrifugal force and transcultural deluvian mythology. It's possible, it not likely that some cyclic disaster befalls mankind periodically, hence our ancient obsession with astronomy and our theological ascriptions to death and rebirth. I don't know how to explain to a quick frozen wooly mammoth with subtropical grasses still in it's stomach, neither does Bill Nye. Look into it, you might be surprised.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What KILLS me about the whole 2012 thing and the "end of the world" scenarios is that before the movie 2012 came out NOBODY was saying ANYTHING about a pole shift. Now all of a sudden it's going to be a pole shift... What ever happened to a comet/meteor? Solar storms? Nuke War?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Asgard

Make sure that there aren't more prosaic reasons for the movement of the compass such as other objects int he room. The movement of the magnetic pole is much smaller than the amount you measured.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

There was a book by Richard Noone, I think it was Ice the ultimate disaster or something like that which discussed this theory as well, while I think the author was a bit premature in calling out a date, the book is pretty interesting and well worth a read if Hapgood is too Heady for you. It's not from Alex Jones, it's from physics, respected men of their fields, centrifugal force and transcultural deluvian mythology. It's possible, it not likely that some cyclic disaster befalls mankind periodically, hence our ancient obsession with astronomy and our theological ascriptions to death and rebirth. I don't know how to explain to a quick frozen wooly mammoth with subtropical grasses still in it's stomach, neither does Bill Nye. Look into it, you might be surprised.

Einstein's correspondence with Hapgood was before the structure of 70% of the Earth's surface was known. That is the part under the oceans. Now that this has been studied we find that ECDs are not possible.

Einstein and Hapgood were not geologists. Hapgood was trying to explain "old paper" as friends of mine would state. The old paper was a map. Hapgood thought that the map might, just might, suggest an older unknown civilization. He thought that it might have been on the continent of Antarctica. He produced a plan that would allow Antarctica to be ice free.

The idea of ECDs did not pan out because it did not match the world as we see it. Studies have shown that no TPW, called an ECD or pole shift in the non-scientific literature, have occurred in 200 million years.

The suggestion of centrifugal forces causing this event were based on an understanding of a rigid crust. Crusts are not rigid. Einstein was not aware of isostacy.

The so-called "flash frozen" mammoth is a false claim. Mammoths are rarely found intact. The ones that are found drowned. They drowned in mud and were frozen later. The grasses were not sub tropical. The food in the mammoths was typical for the region at the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Make sure that there aren't more prosaic reasons for the movement of the compass such as other objects int he room. The movement of the magnetic pole is much smaller than the amount you measured.

I'm usually with you in these matters and the very reason I setup this experiment was to see for myself if there was anything in it.

Like I said in my previous post I have had this compass setup for the last 2 years in a place where it cannot be distrurbed with no metal sources anywhere near. There is nothing outside of the house thats changed so I'm at a loss to explain it.

I'll keep monitoring every day to see if it moves back. Very strange.
edit on 14/3/11 by The Asgard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's quite admirable that you are running this experiment. Cheers.

With your attention to detail it makes me wonder what happened. Are there other people doing similar experiments that could be used to check your results?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by twitchy

The idea of ECDs did not pan out because it did not match the world as we see it. Studies have shown that no TPW, called an ECD or pole shift in the non-scientific literature, have occurred in 200 million years.

While I agree with most of your assessment, the fact that a prior reversal has taken place is largely not debated.

As remarkable as these changes sound, "they're mild compared to what Earth's magnetic field has done in the past," says University of California professor Gary Glatzmaier.

Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows.

Source: www.nasa.gov...

Many reputable scientists, and published by NASA, concur that a magnetic reversal has occurred in Earth's past a number of times. It happens in irregular intervals and is thought to take thousands of years to complete. There is however no reason to believe one is going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

While I agree with most of your assessment, the fact that a prior reversal has taken place is largely not debated.

Are you using the term pole shift to mean a magnetic reversal or are you referring to the event from 800 million years ago? The magnetic reversal you mention in the link/quote is very different from the ECDs or pole shifts or TPWs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join