It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

See that post and the one above it for screenshots.

It is not stopping. Something has awoken, but I cannot be sure of exactly where in Yellowstone yet. Some are coming from around the lake area, and others appear to be coming from the southwest of the park. I am just not sure where yet. Patience, folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks Westcoast. It must be difficult to see the quakes in all that mess, but if you know what you're looking for it certainly helps.
(I hope you gave your dog a nice treat.)

link   
Yellowstone Webicorder

Click on the label, not the red dot.

It seems there's some activity there, not sure what it is. But there's one station (YPP) that doesn't seem to show any significant activity, strange.

link   
Here is a link to what you may want to do if you are in an "ash fall" zone.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by taters2468
one death reported so far according to aljazeera, building fell on a woman.

Just seeing the immediate video there will surely be much much more. SCARY

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This appears to have been posted earlier in the evening, so unrelated to Japan?
www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

and the waves (S/P) hit at different times.

I'm assuming there's a typical time it takes for the P waves to travel the distance, if anyone's been keeping track... I was actually just thinking about this earlier tonight, before this happened, that's why I asked. Since there's a correlation, it might be beneficial if people without access to GEE knew what sort of timeframe to expect the triggering of quakes at Yellowstone with relation to these quakes off Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have been an avid eq watcher for years, and there are a number of amazing experts here on ATS, and IMO, that does include TrueAmerican and westcoast amongst several others. Much respect for their work on a number of threads, always backed up with great data and well researched information.

Have large eq's in the past caused activity at Yellowstone before? I know there is the huge Yellowstone thread, but I was wondering if someone happened to know the answer. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You said you predicted this potentially... here is a thread where someone dreamed of the Japan quake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you link your prediction and even post it in that thread thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok, I think after looking at this activity more, much of it now appears to teleseismic. But I am not sure on that. Man, too bad PuterMan is asleep- boy is HE gonna get a rude awakening.

Basically, the HUGE S-waves from this thing are so big that they are creating the appearance of local quakes for SOME of these. Others, as posted in the previous screen on page 1, those are indeed local, and I can tell because of the attack on the waveforms. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope like crazy the park can handle it and simmers down.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Went outside for a smoke and the animals(dogs, coyotes) are going crazy. Could be I have never been out at 2am before and heard it..but it is nonstop.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Phew, well that is some good news at least. Thanks for being here to cover the event TrueAmerican, and yes, Puterman will be getting a rude awakening.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Do you know the depth of the Japanese quake TA.?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am in california and all my dogs are fine. none trying to run none hiding. I wouldn't worry to much if it happens no amount of worry will change what we must do.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
TA....the one coming through right now is local, isn't it? quite long....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

The 8.9 was 24.4km deep

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

earthquake.usgs.gov...

So far since the 8.9 there have been 12 aftershocks, ranging from 5.8 to 7.1

Depth for 8.9 was 24.4 km, most of the aftershocks were around same distance

Mother Nature sure is angry!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Ok, I think after looking at this activity more, much of it now appears to teleseismic. But I am not sure on that. Man, too bad PuterMan is asleep- boy is HE gonna get a rude awakening.

Basically, the HUGE S-waves from this thing are so big that they are creating the appearance of local quakes for SOME of these. Others, as posted in the previous screen on page 1, those are indeed local, and I can tell because of the attack on the waveforms. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope like crazy the park can handle it and simmers down.

I'm confused, since according to the person that posted on this link: www.rumormillnews.com... , there's been increased activity prior to today's Japan quake.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Unlike a lot of countries, I think Japan has handled this pretty well.

There are 8 deaths reported and I think that the oil refinery that was on fire just exploded.

Anyways, I hope that everyone near there is safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
She sure is. my heart goes out to all those people. Peace star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join