It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Long time lurker/first time poster. This thread really hit home as i am a frequent yellowsone tourist and live in the general driving vicinity. Tonight i saw a LOT of seismic activity up here in ND on our status boards(intercontinental ballistic missiles) and this really hit home. I will be following this thread closely S&F OP.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up I knew I should of waited to pay of my loan I don't want to die debt free.

On a serious note though I hope this is Yellowstone just having a grumble and nothing major. Especially for you guys over on the American continent. I'm curious to know what the implications would be for my side of the Atlantic. Is this a game ender for all of us or just our brothers and sister across the pond?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScousePhil
Thanks for the heads up I knew I should of waited to pay of my loan I don't want to die debt free.

On a serious note though I hope this is Yellowstone just having a grumble and nothing major. Especially for you guys over on the American continent. I'm curious to know what the implications would be for my side of the Atlantic. Is this a game ender for all of us or just our brothers and sister across the pond?

Pretty sure it's a game ender. What with the huge amounts of ash and all. Us here in the States will just die much, much quicker than the rest of you lot across the pond.

If it is nearing the end, I ain't going out bitter or angry. I'm gonna be happy damnit.
edit on 11-3-2011 by raistlinmajere8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by raistlinmajere8

You wouldn't happen to have Scarlett johannsons phone number would you?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScousePhil

You wouldn't happen to have Scarlett johannsons phone number would you?

hahaha I wish. That'd be the way to go out right there.

Anyways, I'll just say it again. Thoughts to everyone out there in the world about to be or already have been effected by this earthquake and tsunami.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
The source for those pictures are screen shots off his computer. He is using a program called GEE....it live-streams seismic stations from around the world.

TA is a very trusted source for watching/monitoring/interpreting on the YS thread, so those of us familiar with him DO stand up and take notice. I realize those who do not frequent the earthquake threads would not be familiar with his credibility,

TIL that the conspiracy guy (woody harrelson) in the film 2012 is real

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
My hope is that the caldera will rumble and rumble and then stop. Dramatic pause. Then a teeny puff of smoke rises into the sky and Mother Nature's laughter echoes across the world (in a non-destructive way). And nothing (else) bad happens.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Don't know if it would be related (I wish I had GEE so I could watch things myself), but there was just a 3.2 in Oklahoma, half an hour ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Earthquakes were also reported in Hawaii around the same time. I would not be surprised if discover tremors world-wide. Also concurrent with the quake were some solar anomolies (a sharp sudden drop in electron flux and increase in the solar wind with a distortion of the geomagnetic field, for instance . . . I'm still checking the data (www.swpc.noaa.gov...). I find it interesting that this is not being covered in the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Can somebody explain me how to read these figures? To me it looks like an enormous amount of activity everywhere! I mean, I saw some of these charts some time ago, but it didn't really impress me for the amplitudes where little then nothing mentionable, but these!? It seems very of grid everywhere. Am I wrong?

Here's the link I was writing about:

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Best,

Arnold

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'll try to get through this thread cause I'm catching up on the big one. Just want to state I'm up near YS and we have now experienced 3 mild tremors within the past hour. And a horrible headache to boot. My husband had ear ringing earlier in the even ( yesterday ).

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

What you must realise is that unlike most 'normal' volcanoes, of which many have been studied very closely, accurate predictions of a Caldera going off is still a very hit and miss affair. While these events are extremly rare they are never-the-less extremly devestating due to their size and damage caperbilities for all life on this planet. Yellowstone is very much active in the true sense of the word and while it could go off in in a thousand years from now it could just as easily erupt next week, next month, such is the dynamics of a Caldera.

Personally, I would rather go through 1000 false alarms if it meant I was better prepaired on the 1001 prediction.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

I know all about Yellowstones thanks for the little info blurp.

I believe facts are better than drama.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I'll try to get through this thread cause I'm catching up on the big one. Just want to state I'm up near YS and we have now experienced 3 mild tremors within the past hour. And a horrible headache to boot. My husband had ear ringing earlier in the even ( yesterday ).

Thank you. That would be confirmation that at least some of signatures I have seen are indeed local, and not teleseismic.

As to the people that don't know me and just read the first post of this thread, to heck with them. I don't want their stupid ass comments anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aerny

seismo's even record sonic booms and all sorts of things. when they show activity, it doesn't mean a quake.

areas prone to quakes have quakes all the time, mostly low mag and if there's increased geomagnetic activity generally then these small quakes could well be more frequent.

all the sites are showing nothing major at Yellowstone currently, in fact there hasn't been any quakes recorded there since the 10th, before the Japan quake.

People who aren't seismologists would be well advised not to read too much in to seismo's as they often appear misleading to those that aren't qualified to read them properly and especially without the corresponding data to enable correct translations.

There are sites that have updates to the minute that give better indication of activity and threats.

www.iris.edu...

www.quake.utah.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

No reason to be that worried my friend....but Keep your jug someplace handy just in case!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What is wrong with some of the people questioning this? There's been a long running thread now on yellowstone quakes that account for activity. Is it that far fetched to believe quakes can be spurred off by a large one from Japan? I think not!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well the park seismos look like a EKG right now...not liken it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join