It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Really bad news, I'm sorry for those affected...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
pretty cool video of the ocean off the coast of Cali. right now on cnn.com

link   
pressure is 1.5x the normal for the reactor

link   

edit on 11-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
Does anyone have links to any japanese webcam coastal regions that we can look at? I am searching for some now to see what is going on there.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
1857: The BBC's Roland Buerk, in Tokyo, says many people in the city are spending the night in their offices. Millions more chose to walk home because trains were suspended. However, crowds have been pretty orderly and calm, he adds. www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Here's the link for those just joining us:

CNN Live Feed

link   
Boats on the west coast are being pulled out to sea this is crazy stuff, this might be a interesting weekend! they are talking these waves might last until this evening, Can you imagine if a 8.9 hit Cali? oh man

link   

After the quake triggered a power outage, a backup generator also failed and the cooling system was unable to supply water to cool the 460-megawatt No. 1 reactor, though at least one backup cooling system is being used. The reactor core remains hot even after a shutdown.

The agency said plant workers are scrambling to restore cooling water supply at the plant but there is no prospect for immediate success.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said the 40-year-old plant was not leaking radiation. The plant is in Onahama city, about 170 miles (270 kilometers) northeast of Tokyo.

If the outage in the cooling system persists, eventually radiation could leak out into the environment, and, in the worst case, could cause a reactor meltdown, a nuclear safety agency official said on condition of anonymity, citing sensitivity of the issue.

Another official at the nuclear safety agency, Yuji Kakizaki, said that plant workers were cooling the reactor with a secondary cooling system, which is not as effective as the regular cooling method.

Kakizaki said officials have confirmed that the emergency cooling system - the last-ditch cooling measure to prevent the reactor from the meltdown - is intact and could kick in if needed.

That's as a last resort, and we have not reached that stage yet, Kakizaki added.

www.haaretz.com...

hmmmm

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Pretty good report to keep you updated. On the left side are the newest twitters from Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
6.6 richter earthquake struck niigata prefecture (inland) just 5minutes ago. Japanese TBS news channel is reporting information
edit on 11-3-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Rueters Flash: 6.6 hits northern Japan

Will edit with USGS info

I don't know where Rueters is getting this info - I can't find it on the USGS however I just received another tweet from another source stating the same and that buildings are swaying. I have *not* received anything from the NewEarthquake twitter I follow.
edit on 3/11/2011 by Whisper67 because: update

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So is this connected with the supposive pole shift on the 15th? got 4 days...

link   
fox reported just now reactor situation in hand of experts and is expected to be undercontrol mhm i bet

link   
Looking at the USGS, although paling in insignificance. Those in the UK watching seismographs here may want to know the Japan P-Wave passes through at 05.58UT, after taking 12h.23min making its way around the Earth. Should be registerable as the last event in Japan was so, and subsequently triggered the Cumbrian event which was felt across the North of the UK.

Something to watch for anyone in the UK here anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by knuxyl

it sure is looking that way isin't it ! i find it troubling all of these
so called fear monger's rantings are looking to be true and have substance.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I dont know much about it, but it makes sense a big hole just opened up in the sea floor and water is filling it causing a whirlpool, But I'm sure someone on here has more info about that stuff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting Coincidence

Maybe the upcoming "super moon" has something to do with this. Is it really that absurd to think that there is some influence nobody can understand from the moon that effects us? Recent discoveries about space is making people question the very theories they thought was right for a very long time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They also have decent coverage on this on MSN too I'm going back and forth cnn msn

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Another big one just in near tokyo area this time. Stream at www.ustream.tv/news

Alright. This one is not that big, eventhough TBS decided to make a bigger report on this one aswell. Seems like around shindo 4 ( 4-5 richter scale)

During the day, they have only flashed the info text for earthquakes under shindo 6. Anyway, the 6.6 one 13 minutes ago at niigata prefecture will probably do some damage

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join