It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Originally posted by defenestrator

Originally posted by NeoAstra
im watching foxnews right now, and they just said the cooling system failed.
sooo. turn on your tv?

I don't have an antenna, and you don't really have an excuse, it is standard procedure on this board to provide a reference. I wasn't rude to you, please be more mature.
Then use the internet. There's plenty of online new sources to look up and yes the cooling system of one of the nuclear plants have failed.
You shouldn't have to be spoon fed

The cooling system failed completely?
If someone makes a claim, I want corroborating evidence. I know they are having trouble with the cooling system with one reactor, but I thought there was new news in the referenced post. Don't attack me because someone else made a lazy post.

Back on topic, California is getting hit with some significant waves right now in Crescent City! See my above post.

link   
yep confirmed the radioactive vapor is being let out as a solution
to ease the reactor so no leak

link   

Originally posted by NeoAstra
reply to post by C0bzz

No this was new news to the station and the board.
the systems have failed.
not they might fail
they have.

Whatever. Maybe provide a source next time and maybe a bit of an explanation?
edit on 11/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

FOXNEWS.
turn your tv on.
do you have a problem reading?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I looked for other sources to confirm that and couldn't find any. Maybe it will take a while for everyone to begin picking up the story. It's definitely something I'm keeping an eye on and thanks for the heads up!

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Oh no, do you have a link for this report. I can't seem to find anything.

link   
I figured it'd be a controlled release of some sorts. Given the US is currently flying out coolants to the plant in aiding the efforts.

Japanese Tsunami warnings will be for the rebound effects along the coastlines, and as previously mentioned for any possible future strong aftershocks for the recovery/rescue efforts in the morning (another 2hrs 15 mins.) Volcanoes erupting in Kamchatka is nothing out the ordinary so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

link   
The people on the coast of japan only had a three minute warning of the approaching Tsunami which arrived some seven minutes later. Not many people could have made it to safety going on that.

On BBC just now.

The death toll will be huge.
edit on 11-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

link   
6.38pm GMT: Japanese authorities will release radioactive vapor to ease pressure at nuclear reactor, it has just been announced.

More to come on this.

From telegraph.co.uk

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sorry no link guys i am listening to fox on xm , the leak is vapor and it is being done on purpose as a temporary solution.

link   
reply to post by jackflap

I just added updated links to the post.

EDIT: here is another.

www.ndtv.com...

~Namaste
edit on 11-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by muser

No. No way.

This was a mega-thrust event in a known and well-mapped subduction zone. Such quakes have occurred both in the Japan region and in other parts of the world throughout history and long before.

The energies involved in this quake were in the order of the equivalent of 336 megatons of TNT. Even if we had a generator that could put out that much energy, there is absolutely no way an energy array in Alaska could "beam" that kind of energy to a specific point beneath the sea off Japan without frying everything within miles.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From BBC news....The situation at the nuclear reactor at Fukushima seems to be worsening. Japanese authorities are now to release radioactive vapour to ease pressure,…27 SECS AGO

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Is there a way to monitor Mt Fuji? Just a thought.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPointy
This is just horrifying, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this

When I first read about this this morning one of the first things I did was to check todays date and sure enough todays date is 03 11 2011. The numbers 3 and 11 (as well as 7, 9,13, 33, 39) are said to be sacred occult numbers having special meaning to the Illuminati.. just sayin

That was the first thing that popped into my head too when I first heard of the EQ on the radio this morning. Ironically I'd been tempted to post a 'something is gonna happen on March 11' a few days back but then thinking it would be completely daft to do so - see enough silly 'prediction threads' all the time. I didn't REALLY think something was going to happen, just that, as you pointed out, 11s and threes figure prominently in the occult. I also had March 22 in my head for something too, since 3-22 is the skull and bones number...

When I heard that it was an 8.9 I think my heart almost stopped for a moment, remembering the 2004 tsunami and how horrific that was and how the devastation of this one will likely be on a similar scale.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Check this out too.

Indonesian volcano erupts hours after Japan earthquake

nunezreport.blogspot.com...

Sorry about that I didn't see your post before I posted this!
edit on 11-3-2011 by jackflap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First I would like to send out my deepest sympathies to the people of Japan. Remain strong...

Does anyone know how much of Japan or what parts of Japan are under Tsunami waters? I'm not able to locate any sort of maps or images as a whole, whether its a drawing or actual picture.

Lets hope they get a handle on the nuke reactor, Japan doesn't need another nuclear event.

link   
There is DAM BREAK in Fushukama about 1400 homes washes away - CNN

link   
reply to post by JustMike

I agree, the tectonics are well documented, and folks, let us never forget tsunami is a Japanese word, there is a reason for that. I don't think there's any weird conspiracy about this quake, just an unfortunate disaster. Please do anything you can do to help victims of this tragedy.

link   
You mean in some places tsunami warnings were not issued, and when they were it was only MINUTES before the wave hit - not letting people have time to prepare?

Is this correct? If so, many deaths could have been prevented. Correct me if I'm wrong - I woke up to the news and don't have television stations and was unable to follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join