It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North NJ, Loud Rumblings (3/10/11)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

physically ... like I could feel low frequency vibrations. almost like a slow moving freight train come to think of it, but I live nowhere near a train station or tracks ... so i can 110% rule that out.
edit on 10-3-2011 by AJ1123TKE because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

interesting , i used to regularly get slow moving trains by me, that deep thunderous resonance , it was enough to make the house quiver , but trains come and go , and the localisation of this event suggests a stationary source for the sound.

hmm

funbox

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good insight Funbox..

Wow.. Take note in the next couple of days...

www.iris.edu...

Just to see if it happens again, Man made or Nature..

hmmm.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

you are not alone
a lot of folks across America are hearing them.
I have heard them and still do occasionally
and it has nothing to do with thunder IMO.
There are even threads on ATS about it.
Here's one I authored.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

i was reading here on a thread about the moons proximity these coming days hmm seems reminiscent of something i also read in the book of the damned.. ha that ole Charles fort was one clever fellow.

moon quakes anyone?

quazibox

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I live in a low flying path zone and take off area. and their rumbles dont last for 1 or 2 minutes maybe 30sec but nothing in the minutes???

Wonder what it could be?

reply to post by funbox

Yes, I noticed that the moon has moved northern in the last couple days...???

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
I'm in Union County, NJ (just south of Essex) and now that you mention it, I heard/felt something as well between the 1am-2am hours as well while I was watching some TV. However, between the weather forecast, and living relatively close to EWR airport, I just brushed it off as thunder, or planes flying a little lower than normal due to the clouds rolling in.

It was odd enough for me to take note of though. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was something else, because of the fact that it seemed like a constant drone at a pretty low frequency.

Interesting. Do you remember or recall what direction it was coming from... Here is where I live and in what direction I heard it coming from.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b35e3f65830.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I full know that this post will get me labeled a "nutter" or worse; but there is a battle raging in a close dimension to ours and the sounds you hear are "bleed over" thru the portals.

Unexplained flashes of light are a result of these battles also. I too have heard the low frequency rumblings and seen the light flashes, here in the SW.

I respect and appreciate your comments however, I'd first like to understand how we can rule out conventional aircraft or weather anomalies before we dig in to another dimension. For the record I did not see any flashing lights. I will be out on the roof tonight periodically to investigate any further. Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
reply to post by funbox

physically ... like I could feel low frequency vibrations. almost like a slow moving freight train come to think of it, but I live nowhere near a train station or tracks ... so i can 110% rule that out.
edit on 10-3-2011 by AJ1123TKE because: spelling

We do have a train, and I literally used to live 20 feet from it. Holy crap did that suck. But where I am situated now in town, the horn is the only audible noise at night, plus it was coming from the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

you are not alone
a lot of folks across America are hearing them.
I have heard them and still do occasionally
and it has nothing to do with thunder IMO.
There are even threads on ATS about it.
Here's one I authored.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quite similar except for I did not notice any physical vibrations (in my immediate surroundings).
Thanks for sharing, I am somewhat more relaxed to see this is happening elsewhere. I was considering
posting it on my local forum, but expected ash-holes to be sarcastic as they are there. To my surprise a thread existed already. Glad I'm not alone in this experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Okay, I was thinking I was nuts, but last week here in eastern Pennsylvania, I heard rumbling, like thunder. It lasted for 45 seconds to a minute in my estimation. Longer than any thunder clap I have ever heard.
I mentioned it to a coworker, and he heard it too. He lives about 10 miles away from me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well I found this particularly interesting as I had a similar experience, but mine was on Monday the 7th around 1pm. I was actually watching the X-Files on Netflix when I kept hearing what sounded like a plane outside however it seemed to go on and on. I even went outside and it sounded more distant then it did while I was inside. I just assumed it was either big transport plane or maybe even a group of them flying over as they do sometimes stop off at the local airport here before flying on to Fort Bragg. I am in Asheville, NC which is just off of TN.

Mine too occurred during a cloudy day and we were expecting rain. I also though it was thunder but it never seemed to end. I would say my experience lasted about 3-5 mins. I finally went back inside. I then thought I heard it again but I wrote it off as a loud car, truck, or something nearby that I couldn't see.
edit on 3/10/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Did it make you feel almost like the inside of your head was vibrating slightly, your equalibrium was about to be upset so that if you moved you would go veering off in one direction or another and a little queasy in the tummy? If so, I had this happen to me 2x last week. I'm in western NY and was sitting at my desk when it happened. Was in the middle of the afternoon say about 2-3pm and lasted approx. 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I live smack in the middle of this cone you've drawn, Westfield. I'm sure we heard the same thing. I'm far from the train tracks though, near the Kenilworth border, I never hear any of the trains coming through the center of town which is a good 2+ miles from me.

Very interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm in Essex County too, but didn't feel that. Right now it's rainy and windy here, I'll keep an eye.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I'm in Essex County too, but didn't feel that. Right now it's rainy and windy here, I'll keep an eye.

Wow, interesting. I read on my local forum that new flight paths from the FAA would put planes and traffic over us, however upon looking into this further, those plans have not been enacted yet. They expect September 2012 to be the projected date. They are receiving much opposition on this as well. So I have officially (on a personal level) ruled out air planes.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by whaaa

I full know that this post will get me labeled a "nutter" or worse; but there is a battle raging in a close dimension to ours and the sounds you hear are "bleed over" thru the portals.

Unexplained flashes of light are a result of these battles also. I too have heard the low frequency rumblings and seen the light flashes, here in the SW.

I am not calling you a nutter.
I am interesting in hearing any more info you might have regarding the subject of your post.
If you don't want to elaborate here, U2U would be fine.

heh...anything to do with a....slightly stylized red cross with a white background?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Finally.......something to answer to my never-ending quest to figure out why, nearly 3 - 4 times per week, I hear what sounds like military or really large helicopters flying around. Possibly a small, low-flying plane. Always at night. The earliest is around 10:30 PM, but I have heard them at 1:00 AM as well.

Last night they were so loud my wall was literally vibrating. I have a fireplace and was trying to warm up a little when it started to shake and the familiar rumbling started. Had to be a little before 11 PM.

I live in Sussex County. No airports (the local one is on the other side of the county from me) and I thought at first that perhaps it was the hospital helicopter, but no because I saw that one the other night and you can tell, even in the blackest of nights, exactly what it is. Lights up the sky that one. Plus, the hospital helicopter is not the same type of noise. Quieter....lighter....faster moving.

I've never mentioned it on ATS for lack of proof. I have looked many a night to see if there was anything to see, but I have never been able to see anything -- the noise stays consistent for maybe 30 sec - 1 minute, but I've never caught a light or anything that led me to believe that something was actually there!

For members that know me, wild claims about voices, noises, alien visits, etc...isn't really my thing. But I do know that I hear it routinely every week, several times, and have been for months now.

I feel better just knowing that at least someone else hears it too!!!

Edit to add:
For people unfamiliar with this area, I hear more cows mooing than anything else. Rural. Isolated. Quiet.
edit on 10-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: location description

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
Did it make you feel almost like the inside of your head was vibrating slightly, your equalibrium was about to be upset so that if you moved you would go veering off in one direction or another and a little queasy in the tummy? If so, I had this happen to me 2x last week. I'm in western NY and was sitting at my desk when it happened. Was in the middle of the afternoon say about 2-3pm and lasted approx. 5 minutes.

That's it! That's the feeling. I swear that this vibration was penetrating every fiber of my being. It agitated the $h!t out of me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

You're not alone. When I first started hearing it, I always checked to see if we had a tornado warning or something -- although that would be extremely rare for this area. But the feeling and sound was similar to how people describe tornadoes as they move towards a house. But it made me panic many a night until it became routine and I realized that since I lived through them so far, the odds were in my favor that nothing terrible was going to happen.

I would still like to know what it is though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join