It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

no his post was from years ago on his website the one on T.V is only days old.

I will try and leave him a comment and see if he gets back to me ...

Let you know what he says when/if he gets back in touch

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THEwTRUTH

Wow!! Well done!!

I love anagrams
That would have taken you some time!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

It says he posted it on the 7th March 2011

Morons II
Posted: March 7, 2011 by mrjackers in rant
Tags: exercise. gyms., health and fitness, morons

Unless I'm reading it wrong?

and thanks!
edit on 13/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ah yes im sorry my genuine mistake. Apologies

Still it was the day before it appeared on the T.V.

Maybe he works at the T.V. station ... but i doubt it.

Thanks for correcting me

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
he could of seen it air on tv first and posted it? does anyone actually know when they started airing this?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Some times ads screw up and get cut off. I am guessing that you are looking at the beginning of an ad that got cut off.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Discover

well not exactly the guy who posted this thread said he seen it on the T.V the day before ( which would make it the 8th).

It was in-between two ( seemingly random ) adverts. So unless the Message was aired previously , He would of had it on his site before it was on Television , if he emails me like i asked him nicely to do,i will ask him , cant guarantee he will be honest with me though.Or even respond.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Discover

No one seems to know when it started but I did a search earlier and someone asked a question about a page of text appearing on Comedy Central for a second on Yahoo answers a month ago (if I find link again I will post). They didn't get any replies about it....well one.

uk.answers.yahoo.com...
edit on 13/3/11 by MissTiger because: link added

What the text says though might change every couple of days.
edit on 13/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I think it has been going on a while, just no one has noticed it or haven't posted it on here. We probably spend more time on our computers than watching tv!It was just by chance I'd read the original thread and had the tv on tonight.

Just tell the guy on the website some people on ATS want to speak to him

Hope the op comes back sometime soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here is another example of messages arriving through the T.V.

forum.davidicke.com...

I know who did this, none of you will know him except if your in the C.I.A.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeresHowItGoes
Here is another example of messages arriving through the T.V.

forum.davidicke.com...

I know who did this, none of you will know him except if your in the C.I.A.

Thanks for that , ive never seen that one before

Interesting, and again rather strange

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
lol

I just broke up with my bf because he told me he was going to the GYM when in actual fact he went to see his ex gf. Now he says he didn't...but I know he did and he is GUILTY LMAO and so I have decided to finish my NOVEL.

OMG help!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here's an idea I had from the two television screen shots I've seen. Take out the suggestive phrases and then use the overall tone to determine what context to put it in.

"Never join. Feel inadequate. Feel guilty. Archive your 'ultimate goal'. Write a novel. Eat healthy. Walk outside."

This text seems to have a positive tone. Embrace the mind and stay healthy ... although half the suggestive phrases can be looked at negatively.

The next one really intrigues me...

"Feel it. Look out the window. Go to bed. Cling on to this brief moment. Hunker down. Wait until it's safe."

Overall the text has a fairly negative tone. Could this actually be trying to suggest that people be depressed and scared?

I don't know...kinda interesting if you ask me. What do some of you think? Can anyone else pull more from these texts?

SnF ( I know I maybe looking a little to much into these messages but never-the-less I find them interesting)

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 13-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: fix bbcode

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

Maybe it is from someone that got burned like myself by one of those gym memberships.

I didn't read the fine print were it said that you sign up for life and have to pay for life whether you you use the facilities or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That Jackers fellow has another blog post 'morons' and is written in similar context to these above.
Maybe another ad that was shown last month that the other person noticed on Yahoo

The world is full of idiots. Want proof? they sell suitcases at airports. go to any airport in the world and you will find shops selling valises, bags, holdalls. Luggage. surely if you’ve got that far You should be alright for luggage. but no. presumably these shops have been opened on account of a plethora of absolute cretins staggaring up to check in clutching bundles of clothes in their arms. If you’ve made it to the airport without a bag, nevermind the flight, you shouldnt be let out of the house.

edit on 14-3-2011 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

One interesting thing to note: if this is indeed a subliminal message and not some (Derren Brown ?) prank, the following should be kept in mind:

1) The red words do matter and are intended to manipulate how the subconscious mind interprets the message

2) The final message has nothing to do with what is actually written - it is not a subliminal message trying to get people to be more healthy, etc - subliminal messages work by bypassing the conscious mind to deliver a message/command/suggestion to the subconscious mind, so the desired message to be passed has nothing to do with the actual message you're getting consciously.

3) The objective of the message itself is just to get the conscious mind "busy" with it while the subconscious mind acknowledges the real message that is destined to it. The conscious message has to be something that resonates with you, or sounds true, or makes sense, which would make your conscious mind agree to the message or relate to it. Then the subconscious mind sees that the conscious mind is "agreeing" with the message and accepts it too (except that the message that gets to the subconscious mind is totally different).

4) What happens before and after this frame shows up is also important to the overall content of the message - what was going on in the program you were watching and what showed up after this frame is important to model what is the final message that gets to the subconscious

5) You can find out what the subconscious message really means by getting hypnotized to a deeper level (the "sonanbulistic state" - the kind where the person does not remember what went on during the session, not the lighter ones, so the conscious mind won't get in the way) and having the hypnotist ask the subconscious mind what the message was.

So, since you're in the UK, you may probably find someone over there, a hypnotist, who would be willing to do this experiment just out of curiosity, since this should probably catch his interest too. I would also suggest to work with someone who is experienced with deep-level hypnosis, like someone who uses Doloris Cannon's methods. You might want to e-mail her (www.ozarkmt.com...) with this and she'll be able to refer you to someone close to you in the UK with the expertise to do this, probably for free.
edit on 2011-3-14 by bonekeeper because: fixed typos and expanded on item #3

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have emailed the channel with regards to the text, if I get a reply I will let everyone know. If I don't get a reply in a couple of days then I will ring them up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
After more searching I found Comedy Centrals Facebook page and another text! It was posted on the 10th March 2011 and what it says has already been written here as it's also written on Mr.Jackers website.

www.facebook.com...#!/comedycentraluk?sk=photos

edit on 14/3/11 by MissTiger because: link changed

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I think the ad agency tipped their hat to "Fight Club" with that one. Remember the fake "warning" at the beginning of "Fight Club", right after the real copyright infringement warning?:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d8efb4444f1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I noticed one on Comedy Central last week while watching The Office but stupidly I didn't rewind after the show to try and catch what it said. It definitely looked different to the gym one in the OP though even if it was a brief glimpse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join