It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nickyh88

I think someone's been on ATS lately...

Hey, you, the lurking guy from Comedy Central, can I get my screen name in one of those? Highlighted in red, that is...

On the other hand, I like the messages, maybe some people could use them as advices.

OR it's TPTB saying "ATS, we're watching you closely, better get off those puters and go camp some ignorance in the woods." Cos we're onto something and they're afraid, see.. If that's so, TPTB will turn up not that bad, cause, you know, nature is good for you.

Nah, I'll go with the Comedy Central lurker theory..
edit on 1-4-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Two new text pictures found posted on Facebook, one already posted here by nickyh88

I'll go with your comedy central lurker theory ch1n1t0.....................just wish they would use their text for something a little more important...........like highlighting the amount of radiation presently spreading across Japan and in the sea and the world heading for one of the worst nuclear accidents in history........that wouldn't be funny though would it? But then they are making an awful lot of money repeatedly screening shows from a man who is having a very public breakdown.

Well maybe we all need a channel we can escape from the world to.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
it was McDonalds subliminal messaging trying to keep people from getting healthy and fit

The Gym is great place to workout , get healthy , meet with people and socialize

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This morning 3rd April 2011 ( Mothers Day-UK ), my 15 yr old teenage son was vegged on the sofa watching another round of Two and Half Men on Comedy Central, starring Charlie Sheen. At one point he shouts out that during the adverts he keeps seeing something flashed on the screen but it's too quick for him to read. Convinced he is onto something he grabs my camera, sets it up in front of the TV on a tri-pod and proceeds to start videoing the commercials.

Upon viewing the video he paused it at the point the message was flashed up so briefly, less than a second on the screen. We were stunned! He was right, there was this bizarre message with red words and
specific words in black that stood out. We sent it to a friend to see what he thought and then continued for the next 4 hours to alternate between filming the commercials, putting them on the laptop, capturing
images of the messages and making a short video to put on you-tube with all the info and evidence combined. This continued all day for as long as we had that channel on. Every commercial there was one of the four messages flashed up at some point during the 3 minutes or so they take to get back to the show.

This is the rough video he made of all the short clips and stills of the messages.
www.youtube.com...

Certain words in black stand out and are as such.

MIND
BRAINWASHING
SUBLIMINAL
CONTROL
PARANOID

BREED
WITH
CAUTION
TIME
TO
PANIC

ELITE
FLESH
EMPOWERED
TRUTH
NOTHING

FRIDGE
ROTTEN
WARM
FOOD
STINK

It is truly bizarre reading but someone with enough money was able to pay for these to be slipped into UK commercial time on Mothering Sunday and we are lucky that Cameron was quick witted enough to realise that something was actually going on.
I have no idea if the whole messages mean any thing or if just the bold black words are what someone was trying to get across as a selection of trigger words or a code of some sort.
But for whom, I wonder?
The tone, language and references are written by a British person for a British audience. (references to UK pubs)
Could it be that the White-hats are taking a stand against the NWO finally, remember when they do, we must be ready to back them up and act with them for their lives and ours are on the line.
Or was this some prank to see who is actually awake and aware.
I have spoken to a few people and they and I don't think so.

The very fact it was shown on the Comedy Channel which was showing re-runs of Charlie Sheens Two and a Half Men is in itself very telling.

As usual you-tube users are more than switched on as to what's really going on in this crazy world of ours..."Charlie Sheen is under attack because he has the nerve to exercise his constitutional rights as an American! Obama refuses to answer his questions and now there is a government pressure campaign to destroy Charlie Sheen. A successful and popular individual speaks out, touches the wrong (government) nerve...Then his life is totally flipped upside down. He now is known as being unstable, a tyrant, and an addict...all to ensure the increasing audience who were once listening to Mr. Sheen are now doubting his words."
Sheen gets axed from his hit TV show, two and a half men after publicly going against the US Government and demanding something be done about 9/11. They have since done a number on him and are in the process of trying to destroy him.. as they do with many who go against the grain.
Watch this video...
www.youtube.com...

Here are the messages typed out in full.

According to the internet, the first recorded
use of MIND control was in 1950 during the
Korean War. Since then some people blame
organised religion for BRAINWASHING the
vulnerable. Others claim governments are
responsible, using SUBLIMINAL language
to influence your subconscious brain. Well
we say cobblers. Ultimately if you want to
go down the pub, buy a new hat or eat a lovely
chicken, this is all down to you. You are in
CONTROL and no-one else is. You are a free-
thinking individual.Or is that just what they want
you to think? After all just because you're
PARANOID. Doesn't mean they're not after you.

If you are reading this then you have passed.
You are now part of a cultural ELITE. You have
transcended the shadowy world of the FLESH,
rising from the ashes of society like a shimmering
phoenix: beautiful, iridescent and EMPOWERED.
this is not about creed religion nor cult, merely
that you have seen passed the gossamer veil of
the superficial and uncovered the TRUTH. Now
the world is yours for the taking, grip it, squeeze
it for all it's worth and let the juices drip down
your throat.There is NOTHING you cannot
achieve in your luminous radiance. Except fly.
You cannot fly. Don't even try. It'll end in tears.

Bus drivers are a strange BREED. What's going
on in their lives and minds that makes them
think that way? You'd think being entrusted
WITH several tonnes of metal and glass would
make them drive with diligence and CAUTION.
But no, they plough through streets in their
hulking steel beasts with enough speed to
rip a hole in the space TIME continuum,
which is ironic as space and time are things
TO which they seem totally oblivious. As
the old saying goes, you wait for a bus for
ages and the three turn up at once - and
run you over. But don't PANIC live for
today. You may be hit by a bus tomorrow.

Why do they advertise fridges, who doesn't
have a FRIDGE? Are there thousands of
people staring vacantly at an empty space
in the kitchen next to the washing machine
surrounded by ROTTEN food? We have all
worked out by now that milk doesn't last long
at room temperature, which in itself is quite
odd as a cow is quite WARM. But then again,
yoghurt is just gone off milk and most people
like yoghurt. Maybe we're missing a trick.
Maybe we should all throw out our fridges,
wait for our FOOD to turn and see what
wonderful culinary surprises await us.
Might STINK a bit though......

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Excellent post , i have been following this for a while now and that makes quite a few of these messages now and that makes at least 5 or 6 different messages now.

Still no real coherent message to them, but they seem cryptic and getting creepier,
Its still really strange if it is a joke or any kind of advertising

I mean what other TV station does flash a paragraph of text on in the middle of the adverts, for a second or less with words like,

"Rotten,Panic,Mind,Control,Subliminal",etc, -All Highlighted - none.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickyh88

Hi,

found a new one of these today.

it was on comedy central in a break of the "new scrubs" started 7.00 advert probs 7.15 or 7.20

Its either some derren brown stuff. or its comedy central advert the style of colour matches the new colour scheme they have.

THATS the one I saw last night, one of two either side of the commercial break between ads. That one was the first the second saying congratulations, if you are reading this you are one of the enlightened elite. Damn I wish I could get it up on here.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
LOL, some of these comments are too much.
This is obviously someone at the station with too much time on his or her hands. I see no reason to believe this is part of some sinister plot. The highlighted words are probably designed to make the message more effective.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
This is obviously someone at the station with too much time on his or her hands. I see no reason to believe this is part of some sinister plot. The highlighted words are probably designed to make the message more effective.

And what might this message be ? Did you read them all?
Seriously I don't see how they make any message more effective. They just make certain words stand out,
If it is someone at the station having a "laugh" with too much time on their hands why have they not been sacked? Surely they would lose their job for typing random messages and broadcasting them without permission, and if someone gave them permission to write such silly messages I want to know why they are wasting money paying somebody to do such a strange and " pointless " thing.
I didn't say it was a sinister plot i just said the messages are creepy and strange and want to know why they have done them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think I might have a clue.

Some clever bastard at CC appears to have inserted a quick 'subliminal' flash of the 'V for Vendetta' mask over Stephen Colbert's face, as caught by many people.

I can't believe two different 'subliminal' flashes perfectly designed to catch the attention of obsessive internet nerds (myself included, so no offense) with DVRs and youtube aren't connected. I now agree with the 'viral' theory and believe these odd elements are related in some way to a campaign. It's meant to be puzzling -- people asked, if it's an ad, where's the hook, and we are the hook here. It's quite clever really, but they kind of blew it when the messages became so over-the-top tinfoilhatspeek.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

That is a good catch also by whoever noticed it.,
Is that what the face is - v for vendetta? i have never seen it , to be honest.

it looks like a Satan face to me , lol

Still think it was rather strange, just as strange as the actual messages, but this one was not in-between adverts and when he pulled the guide up it was a repeat of a programme.

nice find though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone thought of this, I didnt read the 8 pages of posts, but do think CC is advertising the upcoming Comedy Awards. I read the screen shots and they could easily be part of someones stand-up routine.

www.thecomedyawards.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice catch OP.

Reminds me of this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15e2acb56b3f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
OK so I've only just joined ATS, in fact I only joined because I stumbled upon this particular thread by chance and felt the urge to reply. This whole thing has got me on the edge of my seat, I remember seeing similar messages flash up on CC a few years back, I think it was when they were "advertising" their channel move. Anyhow, I don't know who's sending these "messages" I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist who believes in the New World Order and Reptilian shape-shifters and all that nonsense--I'm just really interested in getting to the bottom of this. The messages SEEM to have a pleasant air about them, the fact the highlighted words are often negative perplexes me and I can't help think that this is done for ironic purposes, instinctively I feel that this is good-natured, but I may be entirely wrong.

Moving on from my excited gobbling, I found this during my search: forum.davidicke.com...

It contains a few new examples of the messages, and links to other threads. Please, dive in and deduce what you can from it. Sorry I would post the images, but as I said I've only just joined and haven't quite got to grips with the posting system

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Seriously someone started a thread about messages that flash up on Comedy Channels? Subliminal nothing. I`m laughing at this almost as much as the messages when I first started seeing them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

It's a vanity card, like what Charlie Sheen was on about, "funny" little thoughts by the producer of a show flashed up at begging or end, a right effort to catch with a v+ box, I've tried it myself on two and a half men, sometimes they're funny sometimes weird and sometimes downright strange.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The red background with black and white text is very typical of the comedy central branding (watch adverts for other shows and you can see this in the logo as well as when they annouce shows coming next etc.).

I think these texts are the same - advertising the network. It does read like standup. I can't really see the point though if it is subliminal and not readily viewable.

I remember SciFi many years ago (before it was syfy) used to have these in between shows along with their logo. They are called indents. Sci Fi Indents and a search for sci fi indent will bring up more. They were weird and reflected the nature of the channel and show content.

Edit to add from Wiki

Station identification is the practice of radio or television stations or networks identifying themselves on air, typically by means of a call sign or brand name (sometimes known, particularly in the United States, as a "sounder" or "stinger", more generally as a station or network ID). This may be to satisfy requirements of licensing authorities, a form of branding or a combination of both. As such it is closely related to production logos used in television and cinema, alike.

edit on 7/5/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have seen something like this before, the writing was the same, and it had the random red words throughout also, it was inbetween breaks for Two & A Half Men, i cant remember all of what it said but it had something to do with bus's and bus drivers...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Are you zooo? from another site??
This same thing was mentioned on another comedy website in England

Heres the LINK
edit on 9-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

Also, I do engineering for FOX, and I deal alot with commercial insert breaks. If television programming is similar in England as it is here, it is not uncommon to have a flash of an unfinished commercial pop-up.
During programming whether its live or syndacated local television companies or given capabilites to insert there own commercial spots, thats why you only get local ads for where you live. If the timming is off from other your provider or the network, often either the actuall program might be cut a second or two short, or maybe the local ad insertion. Next time you watch some live event on FOX Sports, check out the commercial section and see where the breaks are cut into... Its more than likly one of my co workers missed a button pushed to enable ad insertion at the cable site.
edit on 9-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

Impossible, a guy on ATS did notice the same screens with different texts (there were 4 of them I think) and posted about it. So your explanation is not the good one.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I love the message! Although, as this is a conspiracy site, who is the "we" referred to in the message? Is it a political or religious group? Also, who are the violent people we should stay away from? Radical Islamists, pro-lifers, drug dealers, conservatives, neo nazis?

Again, I believe there is truth in the message to get out, walk and eat healthy.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr

Originally posted by sliceNodice

And what might this message be ? Did you read them all?
Seriously I don't see how they make any message more effective. They just make certain words stand out,
If it is someone at the station having a "laugh" with too much time on their hands why have they not been sacked? Surely they would lose their job for typing random messages and broadcasting them without permission, and if someone gave them permission to write such silly messages I want to know why they are wasting money paying somebody to do such a strange and " pointless " thing.
I didn't say it was a sinister plot i just said the messages are creepy and strange and want to know why they have done them.

You and others are STILL under the assumption this is something other than advertising for Comedy Central in their usual, attention grabbing way?

*mega facepalm*

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join