It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with a tween without killing them!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Treat them as people and not a possession. Give them lots of love but don't dote.
Be firm and unwavering in your rules.... it is YOUR house.

Then buy a shotgun and hang it in plain view with a sign, "If you make my daughter cry, I make YOU cry!"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

"I was a teenage girl once, my father would be rollin over in his grave if he knew what I managed to sneak past him."

Ha ha! I toss and turn every night just thinking about what my three girls did that they have since told me about. Oh, my. I thought my grave was going to be a place of rest.

OP, somehow you will get through it, both of you, alive. We had three teen girls at the same time. Wow! What a hormonal riot zone our house was for a few years! Boys would have been much easier I have been told. They cop an attitude and fight it out and then they are best brothers again. My girls? What a horror to watch pretty young girls duking it out. lol lol And the sniping and backstabbing. Yikes!!!!!

All is calm now. They survived their teen years. All three of them are daddy's girls again and they are best friends.

I don't suggest you lace their foods with xanax or valium or such things. Save those meds for yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I let you you know if one of mine ever makes it past 18.
Saves oodles in college tuition.

Just remember that nature intended for teens to be insane, obnoxious, rebellious, ungrateful, disrespectful and more. It's part of the process of discovering who they are and what they want in life.
I can always just think back to when I was that age and thank my stars that none of my 4 kids have ever been as much trouble as I was.
I was such an ass towards my parents.
Any trouble my kids give me is well-deserved.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I let you you know if one of mine ever makes it past 18.
Saves oodles in college tuition.

Just remember that nature intended for teens to be insane, obnoxious, rebellious, ungrateful, disrespectful and more. It's part of the process of discovering who they are and what they want in life.
I can always just think back to when I was that age and thank my stars that none of my 4 kids have ever been as much trouble as I was.
I was such an ass towards my parents.
Any trouble my kids give me is well-deserved.

As well I was.I was HELL.Payback IS a bitch!And it's just starting.Just hoping they aren't as smart as I was then!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So now it manifests in me,their anger,their fustration with every little thing.
So I lash out at ATS and I am understandably put back in my place.
I get it.Have to be stronger in my emotions from being influenced by outside forces.
It was so much easier being a single,childless man. But I am blessed now with a wonderful family.
'God help me!
I am whole.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
17 and 3 here...

Glad I have no idea what you're going through. Had/have no problems with the oldest, we'll see with the youngest...

Education, Education, Education.
Discipline, Discipline, Discipline.

Why has TOUGH LOVE apparently gone out of stile?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I get it.Have to be stronger in my emotions from being influenced by outside forces.
It was so much easier being a single,childless man. But I am blessed now with a wonderful family.
'God help me!
I am whole.

Yep. You certainly are. And you sound like a loving husband and father. You'll do just fine as long as you remember to have a good sense of humor-but not too good because then you are making fun of them. and as long as you remember the chocolate. But don't overdo it, as you'll get in trouble for making them fat. And as long as you find yourself a nice safe place away from the drama, but not too far or for too long because then you're avoiding them.......I could go on and on.

A very fine description of what menstrual cramps are like is to try to imagine a charlie horse in your groinage area. Not a pretty thought. And it doesn't go away for days. Add to that lower back ache and bloating and what you get is a seething rage that men don't get to experience it for themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella

'God help me!
I am whole.

Yep. You certainly are. And you sound like a loving husband and father. You'll do just fine as long as you remember to have a good sense of humor-but not too good because then you are making fun of them. and as long as you remember the chocolate. But don't overdo it, as you'll get in trouble for making them fat. And as long as you find yourself a nice safe place away from the drama, but not too far or for too long because then you're avoiding them.......I could go on and on.

A very fine description of what menstrual cramps are like is to try to imagine a charlie horse in your groinage area. Not a pretty thought. And it doesn't go away for days. Add to that lower back ache and bloating and what you get is a seething rage that men don't get to experience it for themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Laughter.......No need to turn on the "Days of our lives we got all the drama we need right here!" Something like that but in a fun way. I have a 15 year old and I got 3 years left. You got awhile to go so you might as well get comfortable and laugh it away and not take it so seriously. Just try to difuse it as much as you can so nobody kills each other amongst all the hormones flying around.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella

'God help me!
I am whole.

Like when I'm constipated,which has only happened to me twice in my life,thought I had a hernia or something,and the doc told me to take colage.Boy,was I embarassed!
I had to pick up my daughter from school when it first happened 4 days ago from school,then today because of backaches and such cause I couldn't reach my wife at work.And now the big drama is jeans don't fit and......on and on.When is this armaggedon coming !Niburui,I need you!My women are menstrating and I need salvation!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And you thought hell was a fiery place where men suffer for eternity.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
soap in a sock

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
In regards to the teenager....take away all modern technology and devices..

Send her back to the "stone ages" for a few weeks. She will likely have a new appreciation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
AHAAA ! Sweet Karma! Having gone through this with two daughters, I smugly watch my grown daughter chase her teen daughter outside around the house--never catching her. Eventually they will wear themselves out running!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I got me a garage and a project, I restore, take apart and sell old upright pianos. Trust me way less frustrating than dealing with a 13 year old PMSing...Wife can deal with her own medicine for once...LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Difference between a women in their period and a Rottweiler????????.....Lip-stick. [joke]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yep. Yep. I bet this is why my dad built a shop and proceeded to spend a Lot of time in it when I hit 13. LoL. I was a hellion.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
*still having flashbacks LOL* nothing worse than a teen pm's' ing! If someone researched the history of exorcisms....they would probably find young tweens in the majority....s spinning and spitting out green stuff!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
removing cell phone and internet privliges in times of chaos can be effective

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Come up with some kind of 3 day activity that gets you out of the house and with the guys...or at least the WORST day. Eventually, they'll cycle close together, so that you can at least hopefully not have MORE time to have to deal....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join