It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Gadaffi been fighting the New World Order?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roasted aliv3
However judging by how gaddafi is clinging to power despite the average Libya wanting him out

I'll have to take your word for that. I haven't spoken to any average Libyans, or read any scientific opinion polls from Libya, lately. It sounds like you have, though.

Hey, do they still have that really good gelato stand on the beach just east of Tobruk?
edit on 8-3-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Alright, so from your perspective the Iranian Regime is legitimate and I am probably a victim of western media brainwashing. I dont want to derail your topic, so I wont go into Debate.

I thought you would be happy that I confirm Gaddafi to be a conspiracy-theorist. He talks similar utterly bizzare stuff about Jews, NWO, Conspiracies as Ahmadinejad. Not to mention that he is a tyrant who shoots at his own people.

Your thread title is 100% accurate.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by zuul000

Alright, so from your perspective the Iranian Regime is legitimate and I am probably a victim of western media brainwashing. I dont want to derail your topic, so I wont go into Debate.

Again, I never said. I do wish you would stop assigning quotes to me. All I did was ask two questions. Can we not explore the basis for our assumptions? Do we have to accept popular narrative without question? If we're going to deny ignorance shouldn't we at least be able to answer the questions that underpin our assumptions? They're pretty simple questions.

Again, if you like to answer them:

Can you please (a) provide a reference to final report from an independent election monitoring group that concludes Iran's 2009 elections were rigged, and, (b) explain the calculation method used in elections tabulations in Iran?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

No, but I can reference this, which is based on what Iranian twitterers and facebookers say.

Iranian Elections 2009

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Not to mention that he is a tyrant who shoots at his own people.

I think Jefferson Davis said the same thing about Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

Are you comparing Gaddafi to Abraham Lincoln?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

No, but I can reference this, which is based on what Iranian twitterers and facebookers say.

Iranian Elections 2009

So, to recap:

(1) you have made an affirmative statement that Iran's 2009 elections were rigged,

(2) I asked you to provide an independent elections monitoring report that affirmed that.

(3) you provided a wikipedia (!) entry "based on what Iranian twitterers and facebookers say" [sic]

If we can't provide logical, rationale reasoning to the questions that underpin our most basic assumptions, perhaps we need to question those assumptions instead of stubbornly clinging to them? Perhaps we need to deny ignorance?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Are you comparing Gaddafi to Abraham Lincoln?

No, I'm comparing you to Jefferson Davis.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

Wikipedia Entry on Iranian Elections 2009 Written by Anonymous People with Dubious Qualifications

I, actually, happen to know the elections tabulation method in Iran. Having done some overseas work in elections monitoring, voting logistics is a bit of an interest area of mine.

Since you're presenting affirmative statements that Iran's elections were rigged, would you at least like to know how Iran's elections work? The logistics of balloting? If you're going to say they were rigged shouldn't you at least be able to explain the method by which the rigging occurred?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You're right, I havent personally experienced the elections in Iran. I trusted what the media says and what protestors say. Maybe they werent rigged. Maybe ther is a conspiracy to make it appear as if they were rigged.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You're right, I havent personally experienced the elections in Iran. I trusted what the media says and what protestors say. Maybe they werent rigged. Maybe ther is a conspiracy to make it appear as if they were rigged.

If you say so. I don't think it was a conspiracy, I think it was a dearth of ground reporting and the reality of inaccuracy that happens in the pool-reporting phenomenon - the same phenomenon that produced estimates of "60,000 dead" during the Romanian revolution of 1989 ... and never bothered to correct the public after it was revealed only 600 had died.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories myself but if you think it was a conspiracy go right ahead.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

Wikipedia Entry on Iranian Elections 2009 Written by Anonymous People with Dubious Qualifications

I, actually, happen to know the elections tabulation method in Iran. Having done some overseas work in elections monitoring, voting logistics is a bit of an interest area of mine.

Since you're presenting affirmative statements that Iran's elections were rigged, would you at least like to know how Iran's elections work? The logistics of balloting? If you're going to say they were rigged shouldn't you at least be able to explain the method by which the rigging occurred?

No Reply

I'll assume you don't care to know, then.

"embrace ignorance"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Clearly his regime is crumbling down on itself.
Zawiyah is only 40 km from Tripoli and they have continued to repel attacks from gaddafi throughout the past few days.
Also Libya ex pats in Europe are all against gaddafi and have family there on the ground.
If the majority of libyans aren't against gaddafi then why are we seeing uprisings across Libya in the east and west of the country remember gaddafis line is that al qaida are putting drugs in the youths coffee must be one hell of a high!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Im not disintersted in how Irans elections work but will not stress it as not to derail your topic. Should you at any point create a seperate thread on Iranian elections, I will read it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If the majority of libyans aren't against gaddafi then why are we seeing uprisings across Libya in the east and west

Again, I'll have to trust you. I haven't "seen uprisings across Libya" as I've been in the US for the last few months. It sounds like you're on the ground in Libya though so I'll defer to what you're seeing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

From my understanding there are 5 countries that are not yet under control by the banking cartel.
North Korea,Cuba,Iran,Libya and Sudan.

In the year 2000 there were 7 countries.
Those countries I named as well as Afgahnistan and Iraq.

I could be wrong but look at world politics and it kinda makes sense.

If anyone wants a source then u2u me so I can tell you where to go for the link because my playstation 3 won't let me do links.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If the majority of libyans aren't against gaddafi then why are we seeing uprisings across Libya in the east and west

Again, I'll have to trust you. I haven't "seen uprisings across Libya" as I've been in the US for the last few months. It sounds like you're on the ground in Libya though so I'll defer to what you're seeing.

Look at any news source you want they all tell the same story that there are towns under rebel control.

Even the Iranian state news presstv.ir are reporting the liberation of towns and that's their own words.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Look at any news source you want they all tell the same story that there are towns under rebel control.

LOL. "Any" news source, huh? I just posted a link one page ago to RT that was saying the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

It shows that the media shape things to their own agendas but dosent prove that rebel forces are a minority or that public opinion favours gaddafi.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
New world order vs Khadaffiism. Lockerbie vs bldg7 wtc, anyone? Now THAT's a distinction without a difference, defined!
Choosing between tyrants is no choice at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join