It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Gadaffi been fighting the New World Order?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

first time I've embedded a YouTube video here so, if it doesn't work the link is:
www.parapolitical.com...

So, has Muammar Gadaffi been a long-time fighter against the forces behind a global conspiracy? If the media are controlled by the NWO, and we get our information on Gadaffi from the media, is our view of Gadaffi as a cookie-cutter dictator correct?
edit on 8-3-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Well said , people who critersize Gaddaffi .Don't know him and know nothing about him other than what the media tell them .He is still extremely popular in Libya , yet the media portray the rebels as the majority .

The western media quoted him as saying that if the west interfares in Libya that thousands of Libyains will die ! Inferring that he will kill his own people as if they were hostages !

Rubbish!!!!

What he said is if the west intervenes , thousands of Libyains will die .Inferring if the west invades to occupy like Afganistan , thousands of his people will die.Like the innocent Afganistan civilians that are being kill everyday by drones .

Same words , different context . This is how the media propaganda machine works .
People need to wake up .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Okay i missed it. What was the3rd way in the book? Also I commented on Qhadaffi a few days ago. A couple of weeks ago he was this wee little dictator who lives in a tent. suddenly he is now thrust into this OMG what is he gonna do next and we don't know how to handle it. This man has the world suddenly. I mean all the MSM about him states he and his are morons but has he ever choked on a pretzel? This video was interesting. What was the 3rd way. I am gonna read about this Italian Baron too. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Have you guys actually listened to his speaches, he rambles on like a madman. He reminds me of speaches Hitler gave towards the end like he is not in touch with realty.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Have you guys actually listened to his speaches, he rambles on like a madman. He reminds me of speaches Hitler gave towards the end like he is not in touch with realty.

In the U.S. few of us are old enough to have ever heard a political leader give a speech. We've only heard actors recite scripts. Obama, Bush, etc., read lines that a professional speechwriter has scribed and that are scrolled across a teleprompter.

I sat down and watched his 2008 speech to the Arab League last night from start to finish. He has a different style of delivery than what we're used to in the United States, yes. Is it "rambling"? I don't think so.

In the Arab League speech I watched:

(1) He spoke for an hour without teleprompters, notes or papers,

(2) His style was conversational and extenporaneous ... as though he had no prepared remarks at all but a general idea of what he wanted to say and simply stood up and started speaking. It's definitely a different style of public speaking than that which we're used to ...

(3) During the hour in which he spoke, if you peel away the casual and conversational manner of it, his address was well organized and flowed logically (which was clear even though I didn't necessarily agree with the contents of it) ... it impressed me that he was able to present an ordered public talk for an hour with no preparation and no notes.

However, I did find it off-putting that he would occasionally slur or mumble. I'm inclined to think this may be due to age or some infirmity. I also watched a speech (much shorter) given by his LSE-educated son, Dr. Saif Qadaffi, and he has the same style of delivery but better poise and articulateness, which helped immensely.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I've never listened to any of Hitler's speeches "towards the end" - what are some examples? I'm just curious. (I've only ever listened to one Hitler speech - his declaration of war on the U.S. - and it seemed as well-presented as Roosevelt's speech of a few days prior.)

Edit - Not to say I admired Hitler's speech, though, I think one can disagree with someone yet still recognize their oratorical ability.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
He is a mad dictator and having said that all dictators in the region must go so "popular democracies" (and elections) can be manipulated to put in governments favorable to the world's ruling elite as individual dictators will not concede sovereignty to a new world order (unless someone appointed them as dictator of the world but that isnt going to happen).

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OP, you are right on the spot.

"How was Libya doing under the rule of Gadaffi? How bad did the people have it? Were they oppressed as we now commonly accept as fact? Let us look at the facts for a moment.

Before the chaos erupted, Libya had a lower incarceration rate than the Czech republic. It ranked 61st. Libya had the lowest infant mortality rate of all of Africa. Libya had the highest life expectancy of all of Africa. Less than 5% of the population was undernourished. In response to the rising food prices around the world, the government of Libya abolished ALL taxes on food.

People in Libya were rich. Libya had the highest gross domestic product (GDP) at purchasing power parity (PPP) per capita of all of Africa. The government took care to ensure that everyone in the country shared in the wealth. Libya had the highest Human Development Index of any country on the continent. The wealth was distributed equally. In Libya, a lower percentage of people lived below the poverty line than in the Netherlands."

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

hitler gave great speeches. i think you're fear and hate feeds off hitler and thats why he came to you're mind when making that comment. The last of hitlers speeches were still touching, the germans fought to the last minute, last man kind of thing. theres a lot of misconception about hitler, a lot of lies too. i knew this girls who hated hitler, but she didnt know why. it was because her mother told her he was evil, she didnt bother to read on hitler herself. she reminds me of you!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I saw, in Businessweek last week (I'm sure someone can Google it), that Libya spends less on their military than Denmark and the Libyan army has 50,000 troops.

If, in a country of 6 million people, there isn't enough support for an uprising to overpower an Army of 50,000 - half of whom, according to the media, have defected - then the uprising is most definitely not a "popular" uprising.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People, please don't let your misguided suspicions and paranoia cloud better judgement.

Gadaffi is a maniac who is currently slaughtering his own people to try to cling to power. This is not imaginary or staged. He is a nut-case of the highest order and his people have overwhelmingly rejected his dictatorship. You don't need the MSM to know this, you just need to see what is happening in Libya from numerous sources around the web.

Or are the holes in the sides of buildings, the tanks firing on Zawiya and the countless children with numerous bullet holes just part of the propaganda too?

Common sense alone would tell you that any supposed NWO would not benefit from a major Oil exporter becoming unstable. Especially one exporting to the UK (which is supposedly the home of the fantastical NWO, right?)

People are calling from the ground explaining what is happening there. They are uploading video and sending messages. If this fight was a "minority", you would know it. Or do you think only anti-Gadaffi people, while under sustained attack, somehow manage to be the only ones connected to the net?

I don't care what you believe in when it comes to the NWO, but I do find it disturbing that people disregard the suffering and violence and focus on whether it's part of some conspiracy. The only conspiracy here is why America and Britain, two countries which proclaim to support Human rights and freedom, are sitting on their fat asses and watching while Gadaffi murders his people.

As a Brit, I am sickened by our complete lack of response. I'm sick of the hypocrisy, selling arms to these people while we suggest we support freedom and democracy. Just as Americans should be ashamed to hear that weapons used against the people of Egypt had "Made in America" stamped all over them!

Cameron and Clegg are perhaps the most pathetic people the UK has ever seen in leadership. Their lack of response in this and their ridiculous mistakes and errors of judgement do not fill me with confidence in my government. I cannot wait to see them thrown out.

If no other government does their job and actually takes some action against this psychopath I hope the Arab nations carry out their threat and wipe out the Libyan army along with their "Leader". We need to see planes in the air and their military being removed to help the people. In fact, we needed to see that a week ago. UN meetings and "harsh words of criticism" do nothing.

And once this crisis is over and the dust has settled, we all need to take a harsh look at the UN and decide if having endless meetings while actually taking no action of any note is worth the billions they cost. They are a complete waste of skin and should be replaced by fundamental law which dictates immediate action when a gun, tank or plane opens fire on innocent civilians in ANY country, no vote, no debate, just response.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000
reply to post by Skittle

If, in a country of 6 million people, there isn't enough support for an uprising to overpower an Army of 50,000 - half of whom, according to the media, have defected - then the uprising is most definitely not a "popular" uprising.

119,000 according to Wikipedia
116,000 according to globalfirepower.com
90,000 estimated for 1986 according to country-data.com
100,000 according to factbox

With 2,000 tanks, 374 aircraft, and plenty more mobilized ground weaponry.

And the fact that the uprising was previously unarmed, while the government fires tanks, shoots from rooftops and bombs whole towns has nothing to do with the lacklustre turnout now?

I don't know what your deal is, but please don't try to bluff people who know how to use Google themselves. Giving false data makes most of us highly suspicious, and your motives for seemingly "defending" this dictator certainly raise red flags i my mind.

Regardless, with or without the rest of the world actually taking some action, the people will win. Gadaffi will fall, and he'll die either at his own hand (like the p*ssy he is) or the hands of his people. Personally, I hope the people manage to get some revenge on him and his evil family before they manage to top themselves.

Speaking of which, I wonder what holes the rest of his sick family have crawled into?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
People are calling from the ground explaining what is happening there. They are uploading video and sending messages. If this fight was a "minority", you would know it. Or do you think only anti-Gadaffi people, while under sustained attack, somehow manage to be the only ones connected to the net?

I can only say ...

It's recently been revealed that the U.S. government contracted HBGary Federal for the development of software which could create multiple fake social media profiles to manipulate and sway public opinion on controversial issues by promoting propaganda.

blogs.computerworld.com...

If no other government does their job and actually takes some action against this psychopath I hope the Arab nations carry out their threat and wipe out the Libyan army along with their "Leader". We need to see planes in the air and their military being removed to help the people. In fact, we needed to see that a week ago. UN meetings and "harsh words of criticism" do nothing.

And once this crisis is over and the dust has settled, we all need to take a harsh look at the UN and decide if having endless meetings while actually taking no action of any note is worth the billions they cost. They are a complete waste of skin and should be replaced by fundamental law which dictates immediate action when a gun, tank or plane opens fire on innocent civilians in ANY country, no vote, no debate, just response.

Reading this rant I was reminded of Two Minutes Hate ... the 2 minutes each day citizens of Britain, in 1984, would express state-stirred hatred against Emmanuel Goldstein.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Gaddafi has been talking about the NWO and American/Zionist conspiracies since years.
Tyrants who love conspiracy theories

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

reply to post by Skittle

119,000 according to Wikipedia

Sorry, I'll take Businessweek (below) over a Wikipedia entry that has "citation needed" tags strewn across it. It's sad they don't teach critical reading in the west.

In a region with a history of rulers who strengthened their armies to keep a grip on power, Muammar Qaddafi has been doing the opposite. Qaddafi spent an average 1.2 percent of gross domestic product on the military in the three years through 2008, the lowest in the Middle East and North Africa and also less than Sweden or Denmark, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute or Sipri, which tracks defense spending. Before it was split by an uprising that started last month, Libya’s army had 50,000 men, half of them draftees, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies.

www.businessweek.com...

Originally posted by detachedindividualI don't know what your deal is, but please don't try to bluff people who know how to use Google themselves. Giving false data makes most of us highly suspicious, and your motives for seemingly "defending" this dictator certainly raise red flags i my mind.

Indeed. Whose payroll are you on? DOS "public diplomacy"? MFA?

Originally posted by detachedindividualSpeaking of which, I wonder what holes the rest of his sick family have crawled into?

Your cackling glee in expressing hate is a little disturbing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Gaddafi has been talking about the NWO and American/Zionist conspiracies since years.
Tyrants who love conspiracy theories

You hit Iran in the second line of your post by saying they've suppressed free elections.

This is argumentum verbosium, a logical fallacy. I, personally, choose to deal in reason and logic, versus the assumption of conclusions on the basis of how many times they've been repeated. Sophistry is an affront to logic.

Here is a good place to start.

So as you know I've long asked for someone -- anyone -- to present some actual evidence that Iran's presidential elections in 2009 in which Ahmadinejad was re-elected, was in any way "rigged" or "fraudulent" as has been widely claimed. This claim has taken on a life of its own, becoming true merely because it has been repeated so often, but to date no one has been able to explain how (or even why) the regime resorted to fraud in order to keep Mousavi -- a regime-insider who was specifically vetted and cleared to run for office by the same regime and who was shown conducting a live debate with Ahmadinejad -- out of office for unknown reasons.

www.iranaffairs.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
A great video on RT showing Al-Jazeera "warming up" protesters for their next live shot like you would a game show audience ... sporadic and isolated skirmeshes between a handful of insurgents and a small army being reported as "major pitched battles" by western media eager for ratings ... "wag the dog" ...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You hit Iran in the second line of your post by saying they've suppressed free elections.

This is argumentum verbosium, a logical fallacy. I, personally, choose to deal in reason and logic.

Im fully supporting your notion that Gaddafi has been fighting what he perceives to be the NWO, and this is how you respond?

Are you saying that Iran supports free elections and free Internet and democratic protests?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

This is argumentum verbosium, a logical fallacy. I, personally, choose to deal in reason and logic.

Im fully supporting your notion that Gaddafi has been fighting what he perceives to be the NWO, and this is how you respond?

Are you saying that Iran supports free elections and free Internet and democratic protests?

1. Can you quote where I said Iran supports "free Internet"? "Free internet" is not a cornerstone, nor in any way related, to democratic governance. It may exist side-by-side with it in the same way that you can eat both steak and cake in the same meal, but neither is incumbent on the other. "Free internet" (whatever that is) is a touchpoint of liberty. Democracy is a system of control. Liberty is the absence of control. They are countervalue ideas that, when combined, result in a regime we colloquially call "freedom."

It's a logical fallacy to ascribe each to the other, however. Specifically, in formal logic, we refer to it as the fallacy of composition.

2. Can you please (a) provide a reference to final report from an independent election monitoring group that concludes Iran's 2009 elections were rigged, and, (b) explain the calculation method used in elections tabulations in Iran? (BTW - I am happy to reply if these questions are posed back to me [I can not answer 'A', I can respond to 'B']. Since you've made a concrete statement that they were rigged, however, "A" should be easy for you to find pretty quickly, right?)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
His military are split with some defecting to the rebels and we've already seen some of his diplomatic and political ministers shun all links with the regime. Judging by the way people act they all believe they're switching to the winning horse so if he really is the nwo's enemy I think this will be their victory.

However judging by how gaddafi is clinging to power despite the average Libya wanting him out id have to say hes an enemy to mankind and an enemy of my enemy is my friend so we'll all have to way up the options and decide which one is a lesser evil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join