It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, please pay attention.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I have lived in a section of Canada my entire life. I went to the Turks and Caicos last January and saw what I called a "Carribbean Moon". It is exactly as you described...like the cheshire cat's smile. I have never seen a moon like that in Canada before. Maybe I never noticed, but you would think that after all this time I would have seen something like that before...I really noticed when I was abroad and that is why it stuck with me.

If you are in Eastern Canada you should see what I am seeing.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Hey I'm in the northeast US, and the moon was incredibly beautiful tonight but ya, I don't remember ever seeing the crescent like that before.

Was the crescent on the bottom?
How high off the horizon (aprox.) was it?
Orientation of the Moon, NSE or W?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
I'm not! I call camera tilts on almost every one of these pictures!

Exactly half of them have references to assure that the camera is not tilted...including the oldest one, from 2005.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I have lived in a section of Canada my entire life. I went to the Turks and Caicos last January and saw what I called a "Carribbean Moon". It is exactly as you described...like the cheshire cat's smile. I have never seen a moon like that in Canada before. Maybe I never noticed, but you would think that after all this time I would have seen something like that before...I really noticed when I was abroad and that is why it stuck with me.

lol 'the cheshire cat's smile' i was just going to make a reply about that. i am in winnipeg and that is exactly what the moon looks like right now over the city.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
I'm not saying it is wrong or isn't wrong....from an observational standpoint though, the moon is as described in the OP and I have never seen it like that either. I have lived in this area for 13 years and on the same lattitude all of my life. I am in Upstate NY.
I don't know if it is supposed to change in that manner, or quite so dramatically from one position to another without any kind of slow progression, in that it would be so noticable as moving from one position to the other during a new moon. Anybody know the answer to this question?

I am also in upstate New York and just went outside to get a picture, my daughter wasn't sure which direction she was traveling when she saw it (?) and I can't see it. Is it low on the horizon, and which direction is it in?
Can you get a picture of it?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Will do

28 May 2005 - Omaha, Nebraska

2 December 2008 - Beijing, China

7 May 2008 - Dublin, Ireland

7 November 2007

19 April 2007

Brilliant!!!!
Instead of wasting my time looking up at the sky and relying on my memory of 46 years to decide if the Moon looks strange I can just sit in my living room and google it!
You're a friggin genius!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Thank You!!!!
It is refreshing to see someone use common sense to see through an obvious deception.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

tree branches do not make reference points. Just saying.
Half of those photos show the face of the moon tilted to one side or the other. You don't have to defend them unless you took the photos.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I un-commonsensed his common sense. His reasoning was wrong, because, in half of the pictures I posted, it can be seen that the camera is not significantly tilted. And, anyway, the photo from 2005 is obviously not tilted, and that was 6 years ago.

Oh, and in response to your reply to me, congratulations on being able to completely rage away my photographic evidence that this is a regular occurrence. Where's the deception, again?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by CLPrime

tree branches do not make reference points. Just saying.
Half of those photos show the face of the moon tilted to one side or the other. You don't have to defend them unless you took the photos.

They do, actually. Tree branches hang either outward or down, and, when the moon is surrounded by branches, that establishes the angle. And, I'd love for you to mention the photo from 2005.
Also, I don't recall there being a distinction between the moon *almost* pointing up and pointing up. Are we saying it's just the crescents that point directly upward, now, that's the new phenomenon?
edit on 7-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argen
I love this kind of thread.

It's your own personal "Eureka" moment. Happens when we get first hand experience that doesn't quite jive with our book learning.

I'm at 46 degrees North, and the moon does this in winter. Consider it as holding water. In April it will dump the water out...April showers...May flowers, giving the flowers causes...June weddings....

Actually it's called a "wet" Moon and it's the stuff of native american folklore.
The Moon does not water the flowers, Paul Bunyon brings a basket full of leprechauns who pee on the flowers while we are sleeping, everyone knows that!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You never heard of a cheshire moon or wet moon? en.wikipedia.org...

Google "cheshire moon" and you'll see lots of pretty pictures.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

There is no rage in me! You are mistaking my comments. I am only pointing out the fact that the face on the moon stays the same all the time. When the face is tilted in these photos it shows a cat smile or crescent. I am now done with this thread as I have shown the facts. I don't hang out long on one thread for long as they all go in this direction. I really do not want to be the cause of yet another war of words. Someone U2U me if something dramatic happens! Until then, I'm off to a different thread!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

lol 'the cheshire cat's smile' i was just going to make a reply about that. i am in winnipeg and that is exactly what the moon looks like right now over the city.

I think the entire concept and theme of Alice in Wonderland is based on the absurd, the Moon and how it is represented do not deviate from that concept.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Since you're leaving, you probably won't see this, but I didn't say you were raging...I was referring to all the exclamation points in Trublbrwing's reply to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Also the crescent is at the extreme bottom of the moon, not over to the left or right.
Pictures don't really do it justice, it is one of those thing that must be seen to really appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

"Not significantly tilted" ????
One could say the leaning tower of Pisa is not significantly tilted as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by CLPrime

Also the crescent is at the extreme bottom of the moon, not over to the left or right.
Pictures don't really do it justice, it is one of those thing that must be seen to really appreciate it.

Hmm...do you have a picture of it, though? It might not capture it as well, but a picture would be cool, whether or not it's a regular occurrence.
I would be able to see it, myself, if it weren't overcast (ha...and a blizzard).

reply to post by CLPrime

"Not significantly tilted" ????
One could say the leaning tower of Pisa is not significantly tilted as well.

Touché
edit on 7-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Once again I am looking at a smiley face moon and I ain't smiling. This has been going on since at least May of last year and it is not normal. Need proof..............
www.moonconnection.com...
That link shows moon phases for the entire month in the Northern hemisphere, there are other links that show the EXACT same thing. Do any of those dates show a crescent on the bottom of the moon? Think about it.
Don't even waste my time with the usual "you just never noticed before" nonsense, I have noticed, and what I've noticed is people who say this are full of sh*t.
Pull up a moon phase calendar from a reputable source, better yet go to the library and find a book on the subject, the crescent will be on the left or the right.
Wake up people.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I actually went outside twice and can not see it, not sure if it's cloud cover or what. I have about an hour to kill and will go back out to try and get some pictures.
I respect the fact that despite our difference of opinion you have held your ground on this subject. If you have time I suggest doing a google search on this phenomenon, I did so last year when this started happening and kept coming across the exact same verbage on numerous websites. In addition several sites had the exact same link to the exact same images.
If I was the only one who found this strange it would be different but there are several threads on this website and others by people who say they never saw it before.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join