It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, please pay attention.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thank you pazcat! Those are beautiful pictures

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nothing unusual here. I noticed the smiling Moon last night. As its been so cloudy here in my part of the UK day and night, The Sun seems brighter and the Moon is smiling. I put both of these observations down to total cloud cover for the past couple of weeks here.

When you don't see something for some time, it dose look different when you do get to see it again. Thats my opinion anyway.

If i can, i will try to get some pic's tonight of the Moon.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You're too kind

I rushed it and had the wrong settings and focus was just a bit out, plus the hot pixels, gah I hate them.
Still it was a nice sight to see.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Does it look like this at all?

That was taken in March 2010, so it's not an attempt to disprove your claim that this is unusual...I just wanna get a feel for how it looks.

The concept is the same but no, what I am seeing is far more dramatic. It almost looks like the moon is fake in that picture, just a static object with no "glow" around it.
I'm going to try and get pictures again tonight, hopefully in the next couple hours.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

reply to post by Trublbrwing

Does it look like this at all?

That was taken in March 2010, so it's not an attempt to disprove your claim that this is unusual...I just wanna get a feel for how it looks.

The concept is the same but no, what I am seeing is far more dramatic. It almost looks like the moon is fake in that picture, just a static object with no "glow" around it.
I'm going to try and get pictures again tonight, hopefully in the next couple hours.

That would be great

It didn't even occur to me to check the moon here...
edit on 8-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Once again I am looking at a smiley face moon and I ain't smiling. This has been going on since at least May of last year and it is not normal. Need proof..............
www.moonconnection.com...
That link shows moon phases for the entire month in the Northern hemisphere, there are other links that show the EXACT same thing. Do any of those dates show a crescent on the bottom of the moon? Think about it.
Don't even waste my time with the usual "you just never noticed before" nonsense, I have noticed, and what I've noticed is people who say this are full of sh*t.
Pull up a moon phase calendar from a reputable source, better yet go to the library and find a book on the subject, the crescent will be on the left or the right.
Wake up people.

Wow cool so my wife and I AREN'T the only ones that has thought "Gee...hey babe this might sound weird but...do you ever seem to remember the crescent moon where instead of it being on the left or right side it is on the BOTTOM?!?!". Now this is weird...there are others that seem to have never recalled seeing it from the bottom before?!? I mean I even jumped on google images to see if there were photos of such a moon and sure enough there are....so we just wrote it off as being one of those "Hum...guess we just never really paid much attention to the phases of the moon most of our adult life as it clearly has been seen being on the bottom before"

So what gives...is this actually not right or what? Thanks....cause yea we noticed it also for the first time like a few weeks ago

It isn't normal. It is confusing.
Prior to May 2010 the crescent was always on the side, when I first saw this I was with a group of people, I asked them to look up and without prompting everyone said "wow, that's weird". Next day more people commented. Subsequent research revealed a disinformation campaign on the web designed to make you feel like and idiot if you discussed it, exact same verbage used on numerous sites.
Sometimes you just have to trust your instincts, this topic has been discussed before and if it was normal I don't think that would happen. Most people don't document their moon sightings so they have no point of reference, if they hear it's normal and they just never noticed it becomes easier to shrug it off. In addition there have been no comments from astronomers or scientists, I even checked amatuer sites without success.
So now the scales are tipped, on one hand you have seen something unusual and it triggers a response. On the other hand there are convincing arguments that say it is normal. All I can say is almost a year later I'm not letting this go, I balieve it is just that important.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So, I managed to drag myself away from the computer long enough to go check out the moon, after dad came in and commented that it was pointing straight up (though, don't get excited about that
I mentioned this discussion to him and mom last night, so he was paying attention).
Well, I hate to correct my father, but, from my vantage point, it's not quite pointing straight up. It has a slight (I'd say about a 10-degree, at most) tilt to the left. I tried getting some pics, but this camera sucks without a tripod. I might get the tripod out and try again a little later, if I don't get caught up in other stuff again.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Hey guys I just found out about something...

There is is place called yellowstone in Montana. There are bodies of water that are HOT (yes you heard that right, water on the ground that's hot not cold!)

Not only that, but some are colored very strangely! Blues, yellows, reds, etc.

This is clear evidence of something odd going on. I have never seen this before, and don't try to tell me "oh that's been happening for awhile" because I know you are just a disinfo agent. I know for a fact that groundwater is never HOT and never ever multi colored like it has been appearing in yellowstone over the last couple months.... this is new stuff people. TPTB won't tell you about this, but I will.

Nothing good on Nickelodeon tonight?
I assume you are refering to hot springs, those colors are the result of bacteria, minerals and micro organisms in the water. The heat is caused by thermal activity below the surface.
Do a google search for Fly Geyser in Nevada, lots of pretty colors there. You can even turn it into a fun learning experience by matching the colors of your Crayola crayons to the colors in the geyser.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Hey guys I just found out about something...

There is is place called yellowstone in Montana. There are bodies of water that are HOT (yes you heard that right, water on the ground that's hot not cold!)

Not only that, but some are colored very strangely! Blues, yellows, reds, etc.

This is clear evidence of something odd going on. I have never seen this before, and don't try to tell me "oh that's been happening for awhile" because I know you are just a disinfo agent. I know for a fact that groundwater is never HOT and never ever multi colored like it has been appearing in yellowstone over the last couple months.... this is new stuff people. TPTB won't tell you about this, but I will.

Nothing good on Nickelodeon tonight?
I assume you are refering to hot springs, those colors are the result of bacteria, minerals and micro organisms in the water. The heat is caused by thermal activity below the surface.
Do a google search for Fly Geyser in Nevada, lots of pretty colors there. You can even turn it into a fun learning experience by matching the colors of your Crayola crayons to the colors in the geyser.

Why thank you. Although I'm sure you realized my post was a joke to make a point. How was my post any different than yours, claiming something is not right because of the moon, when this is a well documented event? (Just like the springs and paint pots at yellowstone)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Alrighty, I got my trusty tripod out and geared up, complete with a level, and went out to get a picture. And, guess what... I got one.
Now, before people start yelling "Tilted camera!", I put the level to good use and made sure the camera was level as I took numerous pictures, using the time-delay to assure I wasn't tilting the camera as I took the picture. So, the angle in this picture (the best of all the ones I got) is an accurate representation of the moon as I see it:

And, for the record, I was wrong... the angle at which the moon is tilted is 18 degrees.
edit on 8-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So, I managed to drag myself away from the computer long enough to go check out the moon, after dad came in and commented that it was pointing straight up (though, don't get excited about that
I mentioned this discussion to him and mom last night, so he was paying attention).
Well, I hate to correct my father, but, from my vantage point, it's not quite pointing straight up. It has a slight (I'd say about a 10-degree, at most) tilt to the left. I tried getting some pics, but this camera sucks without a tripod. I might get the tripod out and try again a little later, if I don't get caught up in other stuff again.

Just curious, did your father say it was strange? I think you get one chance to judge someones response, after that the "you just never noticed" kicks in. Also, since this has been happening since last May many people have seen this several times by now.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Apparently my camera can't take pictures of anything in the dark, above ground, crescent shaped or more than ten feet away. Your picture is VERY similar to what I am seeing but the crescent is a couple degrees closer to center, I assume this is because of change in latitude.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Just curious, did your father say it was strange? I think you get one chance to judge someones response, after that the "you just never noticed" kicks in. Also, since this has been happening since last May many people have seen this several times by now.

No, in fact he and mom were talking about it when I went out to get the pictures, and dad mentioned being used to seeing it like that. He told me that, when I told him last night about the discussion on here over the moon pointing up, he thought I meant that the light part of the moon was on the top, with the "horns" pointing down, because he didn't think there was anything unusual about seeing the horns point upward.

Also...mom said she saw an upside-down star

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

Apparently my camera can't take pictures of anything in the dark, above ground, crescent shaped or more than ten feet away. Your picture is VERY similar to what I am seeing but the crescent is a couple degrees closer to center, I assume this is because of change in latitude.

Yep, that's the location difference. It's also the reason why it's so rare to get the horns pointing straight up...you have to be at the perfect location at the perfect time. Everyone else, everywhere else, at every other time will see the moon tilted just a few degrees, the full left-/right-facing crescent, or anything in between.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Because you posted a sarcastic comment implying a well known phenomenon was myserious and new information knowing full well that it was not.
My post is about something I honestly don't understand in an effort to gather information and evidence so I can come to an informed conclusion, or not.
It all boils down to intent.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

Yep, that's the location difference. It's also the reason why it's so rare to get the horns pointing straight up...you have to be at the perfect location at the perfect time. Everyone else, everywhere else, at every other time will see the moon tilted just a few degrees, the full left-/right-facing crescent, or anything in between.

Actually that's the only explaination that makes any sense to me and it would explain why some think it is normal and others do not. If those who find it unusual are confined to a certain latitude it means things are not lined up as they used to be, which means I need a globe, a tennis ball and a desk lamp.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Trublbrwing because: changed basketball to globe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join